PlayStation 5 - Next gen is expensive

Eighthours

2 hours ago, Len said:

Genuine question, what are you and others planning on using the camera for? I can't think of a use case for me but is everyone else just broadcasting or what? 

Others have answered this for me already, but VR. The free adapter is for the ps4 camera - I'm not getting the PS5 one. Like you say, there's no use for it yet (unless you're a streamer I guess, and even then I bet a lot use PC for webcam and editing).

Honestly given the way desktop VR is going, I expect "PSVR 2" to be a good few years away, use inside out tracking and not need a camera at all.

@EvilBorishas kindly posted settings for C9/CX owners for the PS5 - thank you! Would you recommend combining these with the set up options/ values Vincent from HDTV posted in his xbox series x set up video?

https://www.patreon.com/posts/43825650

Funnily Ive been using my PC on the C9 in non PC mode due to the previous banding issue but seems like it is fixed now!

After unexpectedly receiving an xbox a few days back, I just checked my emails and I have somehow have one of these on order too. 

I must've been pissed up as I don't recall ordering either. I ordered the ugly disc version too. :facepalm:

The fucking game and watch I was looking forward to, however, never turned up today. Assholes.

Just now, MattKB said:

Bit confused on the external HDD situation for game transfers.

If I have my games on a PS4 external hard drive today, can I just plug that into the PS5 and carry on day one? Or do I need to format and redownload it all?

You’re good to go with your stuff already on the portable... just eject it properly, and plug it straight into the ps5 

8 minutes ago, the_debaser said:

After unexpectedly receiving an xbox a few days back, I just checked my emails and I have somehow have one of these on order too. 

I must've been pissed up as I don't recall ordering either. I ordered the ugly disc version too. :facepalm:

The fucking game and watch I was looking forward to, however, never turned up today. Assholes.

I love that you've managed to secure a PS5 and Xbox Series S/X while pissed and other sober people haven't managed react fast enough or had technical issues.

I'll have a pint of whatever you had!

What's the likelihood of launch day stock... anywhere? I am one of those who didn't pre-order. :(

I will try at 12:01 the JohnLewis stock, and maybe Waitrose on the day. 2yr warranty feels like a good idea for a new console that could be "buggy" (See Xbox threads ^_^)

Quick noob question. If I buy NFS Hot Pursuit from PSN, can I play online against PS4 owners with it? (Assume yes)

E037AE7A-3E43-46CF-A9CB-C6ACC3CC7294_4_5005_c.jpeg

It's still weirdly quiet on YouTube. Would have thought we'd have more BC comparisons (how do the titles in the instant game collection run? Last Of Us 2?),  not seen any Watch Dogs head to head, Demon's Souls reviews... 

The only explanation can be that everything is so incredible that everyone is to busy playing stuff. 

9 minutes ago, Chadruharazzeb said:

It's still weirdly quiet on YouTube. Would have thought we'd have more BC comparisons (how do the titles in the instant game collection run? Last Of Us 2?),  not seen any Watch Dogs head to head, Demon's Souls reviews... 

The only explanation can be that everything is so incredible that everyone is to busy playing stuff. 

Apparently, a lot of reviewers didn't get Demon's and Sack Boy early, and a lot of the third party stuff was all a bit weird with regard to the timing of stuff being sent out (probably intentionally) so that most people didn't have both Xbox and PS5 copies of multiplats until PS5 launch day.

1 hour ago, dino_jr said:

What's the likelihood of launch day stock... anywhere? I am one of those who didn't pre-order. :(

I will try at 12:01 the JohnLewis stock, and maybe Waitrose on the day. 2yr warranty feels like a good idea for a new console that could be "buggy" (See Xbox threads ^_^)

Quick noob question. If I buy NFS Hot Pursuit from PSN, can I play online against PS4 owners with it? (Assume yes)

You have a few days keep looking on stock informer because there will be cancellations on some orders and hopefully Sony will release more stock. Good luck.

I’m assuming yes on the cross play I will hopefully be on the PS5 with Monster Hunter World playing with PS4 Owners.

5 days to go!

133C998D-AE96-49FD-BBA9-AB2352B89197.jpeg

10 hours ago, the_debaser said:

I only managed to order a digital version when I really wanted the disc one. If you’re up for some kind of swap situation let me know. 

1 hour ago, dino_jr said:

I think they tweeted a few days ago there will be limited stock online on launch day - so it will be out there, somewhere.

12 hours ago, Uzi said:

Funnily Ive been using my PC on the C9 in non PC mode due to the previous banding issue but seems like it is fixed now!

Snap, I just tried it again and when I select 444 I only get 8bit in the other box. Is that right?

2 hours ago, Chadruharazzeb said:

I've been assuming that the silence around Last of Us 2 is either because there's a PS5 patch due some point next year, that they might push during a fallow period, or because there'll be full-blown remaster, like for the first game. Hopefully the former, but who knows?

34 minutes ago, gooner4life said:

Are you using a HDMI 2.1 cable? 444 10bit will be too high bandwidth 

Good question, I thought I thought I was...

Edit: Just switched to a cable I know is 2.1 (recently bought) and, nope, still only offering me 8bpc in Nvidia control panel.

Edit 2: Gonna take this either the PC or HDTV thread now, this isn't the thread for this.

edit 3: Putting it here now because I have solved the mystery - It's my PNY 2080ti graphics card. The HDMI port on it is listed as "2.0b". It can't output 2.1. I believe this will also explain why I never had an issue with raised black levels using gsync on games like Control. 

53 minutes ago, Cappuccino Kid said:

I've been assuming that the silence around Last of Us 2 is either because there's a PS5 patch due some point next year, that they might push during a fallow period, or because there'll be full-blown remaster, like for the first game. Hopefully the former, but who knows?

I'd guess exclusive PS5 single player DLC that pushes the graphical envelope is on its way.

If ever there was a game that doesn’t need a remaster then TLoU2 is surely it. If they can get it running backwards compatible at 4K and/or 60fps I’m not sure what else they could sell a remaster on. Maybe they’ll bundle the multiplayer with it? I guess the rain in 3D audio would be pretty cool. 

1 hour ago, Thor said:

Good question, I thought I thought I was...

Edit: Just switched to a cable I know is 2.1 (recently bought) and, nope, still only offering me 8bpc in Nvidia control panel.

Edit 2: Gonna take this either the PC or HDTV thread now, this isn't the thread for this.

edit 3: Putting it here now because I have solved the mystery - It's my PNY 2080ti graphics card. The HDMI port on it is listed as "2.0b". It can't output 2.1. I believe this will also explain why I never had an issue with raised black levels using gsync on games like Control. 

Ah yeah, I don't think any 2080 Ti has a 2.1 hdmi port, not sure if a displayport to HDMI adapter would give you the bandwidth

I've got my pre-order from Amazon and hoping I will get it on the day, I've got both the Thursday and Friday off work so hopefully comes earlier Thursday than later. This will be my first ever launch day console purchase and it needed to be done with what has gone on this year. Got Spiderman to play and that will do me for now. The excitement is building now.