Jump to content
IGNORED

PlayStation 5 - Next gen is expensive


Eighthours
 Share

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, Capwn said:

 

Vertical for now, though I do intend to try horizontal when I finally get rid of my PS4 (which I'm currently only keeping on for bbciplayer and More4 lol). 

I’m assuming iPlayer and All4 apps will come with the Uk release of the console. 
 

Side note: is channel 4 working for you right now? It’s stopped for me. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yeah, that's my hope that we get BBCIplayer etc this week with the UK PS5 release. Not checked More4 for a while.

 

Just finished Spiderman. I'm really excited for this gen, it's early days but even right out of the gate I can see a difference. The main obvious one is that we're now seeing real time reflections in ALL reflective surfaces, I've not seen that before. Then there are more subtle lighting/shadow improvements. 

 

Might be controversial to say this but I think GodOfWar2 and Horizon2 will still have a last gen feel to them (whilst still looking out of this world amazing). I'm so glad that NaughtyDog and KojimaProduction's developments lined up in such a way where they can have a truly full-on and focused PS5 mindset. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Man I never read Resetera but I thought I'd go and see the impressions from our American cousins, and the PS5 thread is just constant hardware/software issues, making me feel rather nervous now, there seems to be something seriously wrong with the OS considering the wide range of issues being reported. Sorry for being a downer on a sunday morning, I guess we'll find out ourselves come Thursday.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Minion said:

Man I never read Resetera but I thought I'd go and see the impressions from our American cousins, and the PS5 thread is just constant hardware/software issues, making me feel rather nervous now, there seems to be something seriously wrong with the OS considering the wide range of issues being reported. Sorry for being a downer on a sunday morning, I guess we'll find out ourselves come Thursday.


With the amount of units produced there will be a small percentage of consoles that will have issues. That’s the risk we take to be early adopters.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Thor said:

Aren't all the issues centered around the use of an external HDD? I won't be using one. 

 

From reading the last 5 or 6 pages of that thread there seems to be more than just that. I went in there hoping to read wonderful impressions and 99% of posts are problems which is what worried me but then perhaps the people without problems aren't really posting.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, Hylian said:

Exactly. If you've got problems with your PS5 you go and moan about it on a forum. If you haven't, you happily play your shiny new PS5. 

Lots of people I know who pre ordered are getting one.Even someone who was told they weren’t getting one is now getting one.  Just makes me think they are indeed shipping a shit tonne of consoles this time around. 
one of my pre orders is almost 100% but I might keep the other one because I’m slightly terrified of it dying a few hours after use.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

My PS4 Pro crashed to a black screen the other night when coming out of rest mode, launching Everybody's Golf whilst it force closed last of us 2. I had to wait a few minutes before a long press of the power button final registered. Then it was rebuild database internal HDD, then external HDD.

 

I mention this because it seems very similar to some of the issues reported on Era and GAF for PS5. Then there's the 'coil noise' and 'fan lottery threads' to further your anxiety.

 

Apparently the smoking Xbox I posted here also wasn't a vape fake. It was a real hardware failure. Not that I'm judging either one. Both have shipped more units than ever before at launch and there will always be problems.

 

Stay away from rest mode seems to be the most logical advice for PS5 which rings very familiar to the PS4 launch.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Quexex said:

Stay away from rest mode seems to be the most logical advice for PS5 which rings very familiar to the PS4 launch.


Yep that’s what I was thinking, keep it simple until things settle down and a few OS patches have been applied.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, Quexex said:

My PS4 Pro crashed to a black screen the other night when coming out of rest mode, launching Everybody's Golf whilst it force closed last of us 2. I had to wait a few minutes before a long press of the power button final registered. Then it was rebuild database internal HDD, then external HDD.

 

I mention this because it seems very similar to some of the issues reported on Era and GAF for PS5. Then there's the 'coil noise' and 'fan lottery threads' to further your anxiety.

 

Apparently the smoking Xbox I posted here also wasn't a vape fake. It was a real hardware failure. Not that I'm judging either one. Both have shipped more units than ever before at launch and there will always be problems.

 

Stay away from rest mode seems to be the most logical advice for PS5 which rings very familiar to the PS4 launch.


The Xbox one was a fake, that’s been long since disproven - even in the original post it was confirmed a vape!

 

Ive had a few issues with my series x esp on launch day but to be fair it’s expected early doors and we already know FW update is due this month, I wouldn’t worry too much about the PS5 early adopter issues as most that I’ve seen and read about are annoyances rather than hdd issue that is easily avoidable.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Dudley said:

 

Like fuck it was.

Ok try not to get too bitey, the one that I posted confirmed that MS was looking into the issue with their unit. This one was different to many of the vape fakes going round. They even posted the Twitter exchange they had. However the internet is rife with fake shit so I won't take it as a certainty. Either way it's an extremely isolated incident if it is real.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

In other news my headset replacement parts came today. Be warned if you are changing the headrest be very careful as the wire that runs between the two earphones is interleaved into it. I had to cut open the headrest to free the wire. No harm though as that was going in the bin anyway. The earpads themselves just twist off.

 

Now my headset looks brand new again. Which is great as it works on PS3 which I use for Daytona sessions ATM. Hopefully it will work perfectly on PS5 as well. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Anyone know anywhere in the UK you can order the official charging station? 

 

I've ordered a venom one from amazon but kinda want the official one as I've never had a venom product before so no idea on build quality. 

 

Everywhere seems to be out of stock and not taking pre orders. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, ThePinkNinja said:

Anyone know anywhere in the UK you can order the official charging station? 

 

I've ordered a venom one from amazon but kinda want the official one as I've never had a venom product before so no idea on build quality. 

 

Everywhere seems to be out of stock and not taking pre orders. 


I’ve been on the lookout for a few weeks now and haven’t seen any anywhere (except for the random arsehole reseller on Amazon who though £79 was a reasonable price).


Was hoping the supermarkets might get a few when they switch their displays up (local Tesco still makes no mention of any next gen consoles or games yet tho)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Eighthours changed the title to PlayStation 5 - Next gen is expensive

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.