IGNORED

PlayStation 5 - Next gen is expensive

Eighthours

6 minutes ago, wretcherd said:

An open net for xbox's twitter right there if they want.

Backwards compatibility is a pain in the ass, dump it I say :P.

It would seem Xbox quick resume is not so quick for most people/games so different console different problems, they’ll fix them soon enough I’d imagine.

Is it not just the same problem as with the library where it doesn’t tell you if it’s a PS4 game on the console. Just like how they didn’t have text titles on the new store in the app so you had to just know what something was by looking at the thumbnail. I think they fixed that pretty soon after.

19 minutes ago, scoobysi said:

Backwards compatibility is a pain in the ass, dump it I say :P.

It would seem Xbox quick resume is not so quick for most people/games so different console different problems, they’ll fix them soon enough I’d imagine.

One of them requires you to sit through some splash screens; the other potentially leads you to playing the wrong version of the game, and also downloading it twice.

13 minutes ago, footle said:

One of them requires you to sit through some splash screens; the other potentially leads you to playing the wrong version of the game, and also downloading it twice.

Both annoying, both will be fixed, genuine concern averted.

57 minutes ago, ridgeracer said:

Did anyone here order the new XBox from John Lewis on the day of release?

As, for the PS5, it mentions that they will go on sale the 'morning' of the 19th? So not sure when that's supposed to be? Called and they could not give me an answer :(

My brother in law reckons John Lewis is 8am, not sure how he knows though. He's hoping I can nab him one but i'm not so optimistic with how quick scalpers have been picking them up

According to hotukdeals people, tomorrow's ordering times

Tesco: 9am
Game: 9am
Currys: 9am
Argos: 11:30am 
Amazon: 12pm
Asda/George: "Morning"

John Lewis: "Morning"

Like they mention though, these might be "order now for delivery next month" and NOT collection by the weekend for example...

7 minutes ago, Harrisown said:

Got a message from DHL about my game order.

still nothing really from smyths apart from payment taken and DPD chosen 

Glad to see someone else finally mention Smyths. Thought I had imagined ordering one.

(Same status as you, took payment a few days ago, DPD as the courier but no tracking info yet.)

25 minutes ago, Daley said:

Glad to see someone else finally mention Smyths. Thought I had imagined ordering one.

(Same status as you, took payment a few days ago, DPD as the courier but no tracking info yet.)

I was in the same boat with Smyths, but just checked their website and DPD say they now have my parcel. Good news.

31 minutes ago, Daley said:

Just fyi and @Harrisownmy xbox pre-order said dpd but I didn't get any info until first thing on the morning it was being delivered so I wouldn't worry about it ^_^

Does anyone have any ideas how long games are taking to install from disc, specifically Demon’s Souls? I’m having to collect my console from my maw’s house and wondered if I should just set the game to install while I’m there, which would allow my sister a wee shot of Astrobot at least before I take the console away.

If we’re taking a multi-hour install brutality however I might just head straight back up the road to do the whole install thing at my own flat.

Girl I work with is asking about the PS4 games you can download at launch. 

God of War etc. Her 13 year old is claiming they need to be downloaded at launch and it’s a limited time offer. Which reeks of them trying to get their paws on their Christmas present early. 

can anyone confirm this?

17 minutes ago, Droo said:

God of War etc. Her 13 year old is claiming they need to be downloaded at launch and it’s a limited time offer. Which reeks of them trying to get their paws on their Christmas present early. 

can anyone confirm this?

Don’t think they’ve actually put a timeframe on them...

BUT!

don’t need to download them, as long as ps5 is registered on your account, they should show on the website and you can just ‘add to library’ the same as psplus. (Incidentally, they’re only available to psplus members, so they can’t add or download without that anyway).

14 minutes ago, Droo said:

can anyone confirm this?

Pretty sure that's rubbish, and this is just a thing you always have access to providing your PS+ sub is active. I've not heard or read anything since it was announced to suggest otherwise.

10 minutes ago, Droo said:

can anyone confirm this?

I have seen zero mention of any duration or shelf life on the offer PS+ Collection. That isn't to say they might not pull it at some point, but given the console is new and they will still want to be attracting customers in line with stock being available over the next maybe 6-12 months I personally can't see it going anytime soon. Certainly I would expect Christmas to be a gimme given how many of these will be under the tree.

Just my hunch though.

22 minutes ago, Droo said:

can anyone confirm this?

There's no timeframe on it. They've suggested some games might rotate in and out, but if they get taken out of the collection, I think you lose access to them, Game Pass style, rather than having them forever like normal PS+ games.

On 14/11/2020 at 13:46, Len said:

It's here! Christ it's heavy, my back.

Even has special thank you card from Jim with a code for something exciting (I bet it isn't).

As a boring update, the code was for eight, count 'em,  eight unique(?) avatars. W000000!

Just now, Super Craig said:

If it's a Christmas present then it might not be a bad idea to set up the console and get the games downloading. Servers could be hammered on Christmas Day.

she did just mention that she got him the digital one too. 

may say to her to set it up next week when everything has died down and download as much as she can. 

34 minutes ago, HarryBizzle said:

There's no timeframe on it. They've suggested some games might rotate in and out, but if they get taken out of the collection, I think you lose access to them, Game Pass style, rather than having them forever like normal PS+ games.

I don’t think that’s the case, from PS Blog:

Once you redeem a game from the PlayStation Plus Collection, you can keep the games for as long as you are an active PlayStation Plus member.

On 04/10/2020 at 00:44, carlospie said:

To say this is due out in few weeks sony have made a real hash of this launch.

Its almost as iif they are too afraid to actually reveal stuff about it as its inferior in every way to the series x and they don't want people cancelling pre orders. It's been an utter disaster. Millions of pre orders yet we have seen next to nothing about it. 

This aged well.

How come your posting so much on here and not playing your invisible series x tonight? Youv been an utter gamefaq troll on here for months with your made up teraflop talk and constantly shit spouting in the various threads. 

On a side note, happy launch day tomorrow everyone else. Ps5 looks awesome and I am sure demon souls and spidey will make for one of the best launches of all time. Enjoy. 

1 hour ago, HarryBizzle said:

Is there not? it was explained to me as you need to register within the first 14 days in order to get the collection.

• Eighthours changed the title to PlayStation 5 - Next gen is expensive