PlayStation 5 - Next gen is expensive

Eighthours

2 hours ago, CrichStand said:

Yeah, just had a quick google and it looks like quite a few people have had the same issue with Demon's Souls.

I've never had anything like it before with any other console, where just one game (digital version), will launch but not actually load, whilst all the other games run as normal.

Anyway, Demons Souls has been on for a while now and it's been fine, so hopefully it won't happen again. Cheers for the help!

It does it with the disc version too, I usually just reboot. The console starts up so fast it's not a big deal.

Now I appreciate the stock shortages on the PS5 console, it's a complicated beast to manufacture, but the charging dock, of all the accessories available must be the easiest and cheapest to make and ship. Could some one explain why I can't get one anywhere except for scalpers on eBay... FFS.

Not helped by the fact that out of my Christmas list of gifts 90% have been requests for something that is incredibly hard to find...

5 hours ago, Lorfarius said:

If you plug a mic into the pad does it record voice when you do gameplay footage?

If you turn the mic off in the stream settings, it still records your voice when you stream. As I discovered last night.

Seems it's an issue: 

Christ. There’s no way to completely disable the mic? So even if turning it off to stream did work, a slip of the thumb can turn it back on again (and since it’s right next to the Home button, I’ve pressed it loads of times by mistake already).

And when it’s muted-notmuted you have to put up with the orange glow - no way to turn that off either?

8 minutes ago, gooner4life said:

I've tried the trial for PS Now and it's quite amazing actually, much much better than Stadia on a wired connection for controller response.

Really good selection of games as well, streaming the image quality isn't where i'd like it to be though.

Yep, it’s really good! Only costs about £30 for the year too! Downloaded and finished all the Metro games plus streamed and finished some of my fav games again - Ico, Daytona, Crazy Taxi etc which meant i got my money’s worth in the first few weeks alone! 

There’s loads of stuff on there to get stuck into. Gravity Rush Remastered is next on my list.

I'm convinced the rumble in mind is broken. Has anyone played God of War on it? I was fighting a big boss battle and it kept rumbling here and there but was pathetically weak. Everythings set as it should in the options and there seems to be reports of broken springs online. How does the rumble feel for PS4 games normally? Don't have anyone I can ask in real life.

On 13/12/2020 at 10:04, Harrisown said:

My Ps5 quite regularly starts up without any sound

Mine's silent on start-up, unless there's a disc in the drive, in which case it spins it so loudly for about 15 seconds that it reminds me of my old PS4 pro fan noise.  Once that's done, though, it's back to near-silent.  I've certainly never heard its fans 'kick in' in any game at all.  Any noise from the console is either inaudible over the sound of the game, or inaudible when i've got my headphones on.  This is a stark contrast to the Pro where i could hear the machine even when i had my headphones on and the audio turned up loud :lol:

The ony 'disappointment' i have sound-wise right now is when using it for playing movies - the disc drive is louder than i'd like even when it's not doing a mega-fast whirl.

45 minutes ago, Lorfarius said:

I'm convinced the rumble in mind is broken. Has anyone played God of War on it? I was fighting a big boss battle and it kept rumbling here and there but was pathetically weak. Everythings set as it should in the options and there seems to be reports of broken springs online. How does the rumble feel for PS4 games normally? Don't have anyone I can ask in real life.

Iirc, the vibrations are reduced when the mic isn't muted... that might help?

48 minutes ago, Lorfarius said:

The DualSense's emulation of old Dual Shock 4 vibration isn't terrific- and to be honest I don't see how it can get a lot better, they're just too different as technologies. I just use a DS4 for PS4 games quite often.