Jump to content
IGNORED

PlayStation 5 - Next gen is expensive


Eighthours
 Share

Recommended Posts

19 hours ago, Ry said:

 

That's no help at all. Basically says buy an external HD to play PS4 games. Fuck that lol

 

Even Sony are vague as fuck

 

"This storage space is reserved for system data needed for games and apps to work properly. The amount of space reserved depends on how your console is being used" 

 

I'm using 70gb of data. I don't have any screen shots or video sharing shite like that article mentions. 

 

So what the fuck is it? 

 

I hate this console :lol:

 

From what I've seen on mine, it's mostly download cache for the PS4 games updating onto the external SSD. Size of it fluctuates when I have updates under way for PS4 games.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, Sell73Out said:

 

From what I've seen on mine, it's mostly download cache for the PS4 games updating onto the external SSD. Size of it fluctuates when I have updates under way for PS4 games.


makes sense as on the PS4 games needed twice their install size to update even if update was tiny.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Looks as though I'll be getting some external storage sooner rather than later. I don't have that many games installed but still only 50Gb available and 100Gb in my 'other' folder due to having PS4 games installed.

 

Warzone needed an 11Gb update and failed to download and install it even though I should have enough space.

 

Time to hunt down a good SSD and copy over any PS4 games I want to play.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, sofasurfer said:

Looks as though I'll be getting some external storage sooner rather than later. I don't have that many games installed but still only 50Gb available and 100Gb in my 'other' folder due to having PS4 games installed.

 

Warzone needed an 11Gb update and failed to download and install it even though I should have enough space.

 

Time to hunt down a good SSD and copy over any PS4 games I want to play.


forum friend uses this one and loves it. You will need a UK link. I’m buying it today. 

 

https://www.amazon.com/Sabrent-Rocket-Internal-Performance-SB-ROCKET-1TB/dp/B07LGF54XR/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?dchild=1&keywords=1tb+nvme+Sabrent&qid=1611421834&sr=8-3

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Floshenbarnical said:

Maybe a stupid question but isn't the internal storage slot disabled at the moment. I remember reading it was supposed to be activated via an update later but didn't think that had happened yet. Or did they use that SSD externally in an enclosure?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, sofasurfer said:

Maybe a stupid question but isn't the internal storage slot disabled at the moment. I remember reading it was supposed to be activated via an update later but didn't think that had happened yet. Or did they use that SSD externally in an enclosure?


Enclosure. I’m looking through WhatsApp for the link

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, sofasurfer said:

Going to be watching this one as well

 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07YD5TK4F/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_1?smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&psc=1

 

It dropped to under £100 before Christmas and seems to get good reviews when used with a PS5.


the reason I’m going with the one forum friend recommended is because 1) he has one and 2) he is a dev so I trust him more than he probably deserves. He said it’s lightning fast

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Floshenbarnical said:


the reason I’m going with the one forum friend recommended is because 1) he has one and 2) he is a dev so I trust him more than he probably deserves. He said it’s lightning fast

Tempted, always good to get a recommendation.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Let’s take a minute to talk about how staggeringly awful this is as a disc media player- honestly, playing a Blu-Ray on this sounds like there’s a motorboat engine in my TV unit; the disc drive makes the entire thing wobble and vibrate. I can’t wait for a revision of this that doesn’t ruin the experience.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, Spacehost said:

Let’s take a minute to talk about how staggeringly awful this is as a disc media player- honestly, playing a Blu-Ray on this sounds like there’s a motorboat engine in my TV unit; the disc drive makes the entire thing wobble and vibrate. I can’t wait for a revision of this that doesn’t ruin the experience.

Oh shit really? Are they all like that or is it a luck-of-the-draw thing like cool whine?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Finished hitman. Not quite sure how to fill up my gaming time until the next game (resident evil in May).

 

bear in mind, until PS5 I didn’t have a PRO or 4K TV...

 

-Uncharted 4 again

- LOU2 again

-GOW again in 60fps

- Continue Horizon Zero Dawn on the additional easy mode they added (I got about 10-15 hrs into it and gave up, too difficult)

- Play Control for the first time (would buy 1 month sub to psplus)

- Play Star Wars  fallen order for the first time 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Anyone know if you can use a PSPlus 14 day trial on an account where you've had Plus before?

 

I'm trying to activate my account temporarily so I can grab control but it's not working, and I'm just trying to work out if it's because I've already been a member of if the code has already been used.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Eighthours changed the title to PlayStation 5 - Next gen is expensive

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.