PlayStation 5 - Next gen is expensive

Eighthours

6 hours ago, Qazimod said:

An end of year PSN sale runs until the 21st December, just in case you missed any Black Friday offers or were on the fence. :) 

I’ve been waiting years to pick up The Order 1886, a game which came out near the start of the PS4 generation, and let’s face it, didn’t exactly get a great response, £13.99! Surely it should be buttons by now that one. 

I’m in no hurry so I’ll keep waiting, sub £5 and I’m in. 

5 minutes ago, Stanley said:

I’ve been waiting years to pick up The Order 1886, a game which came out near the start of the PS4 generation, and let’s face it, didn’t exactly get a great response, £13.99! Surely it should be buttons by now that one. 

have you hit a US psn account? I think I got it for $10

19 minutes ago, Stanley said:

You have done really well to avoid it for this long, why are you trying to play dross like that!? 

1 hour ago, teddymeow said:

The Order still looks incredible. Also, I enjoyed it guv'nah!!

But... The QTE's :( Alright for a fiver I guess it's got atmosphere. This is the exact type of thing Sony should be putting on their sub services.

2 hours ago, Shimmyhill said:

You have done really well to avoid it for this long, why are you trying to play dross like that!? 

I don’t know really I’ve just always wanted to try it as it looked like a really pretty game to show off the PS4, but the reviews put me off somewhat. 

1 hour ago, Stanley said:

I don’t know really I’ve just always wanted to try it as it looked like a really pretty game to show off the PS4, but the reviews put me off somewhat. 

It is indeed very pretty but also very dull and the visuals, as nice as they are, don’t carry it for long.

2 hours ago, Stanley said:

it’s like Perfect dark zero on 360 launch - looks pretty and next gen but once you (quickly) get past that you realise it’s pretty shite - it’s pretty short and not much to do thankfully!

Are you going to get Ryse & 1-2 Switch also and have a mediocre launch game fest!?

4 hours ago, Shimmyhill said:

it’s like Perfect dark zero on 360 launch - looks pretty and next gen but once you (quickly) get past that you realise it’s pretty shite - it’s pretty short and not much to do thankfully!

Are you going to get Ryse & 1-2 Switch also and have a mediocre launch game fest!?

:lol: I bought 1-2 Switch at launch, I think I played it once, maybe twice (heh) didn’t even try it in multiplayer - not one of Nintendo’s finest and strangely overlooked when people talk about how great the Switch’s launch was. 

Ryse is on Game Pass so I’m covered there if I ever get the urge. 

6 hours ago, Shimmyhill said:

Its clearly testament to my taste in games that I also enjoyed Ryse and Perfect Dark Zero.

Seriously I thought Ryse was really fun…

2 minutes ago, dreamylittledream said:

Seriously I thought Ryse was really fun…

Ryse is great! It knows exactly what it is and doesn't pretend otherwise. 

It does have a questionable grasp on historical accuracy, but that's a minor niggle ;)

On 29/11/2022 at 13:02, Qazimod said:

An end of year PSN sale runs until the 21st December, just in case you missed any Black Friday offers or were on the fence. :) 

I picked up Castlevania Requiem (Rondo and SotN) as it’s under £4. Need to play through them again, and although I have a PCE mini and SotN on XBLA, it’s nice to have them in the same place. Plus I can use my Retrobit Saturn pad to play them 😍

3 hours ago, PikaStu said:

I picked up Castlevania Requiem (Rondo and SotN) as it’s under £4. Need to play through them again, and although I have a PCE mini and SotN on XBLA, it’s nice to have them in the same place. Plus I can use my Retrobit Saturn pad to play them 😍

Thanks for pointing this out. Got SotN on my Vita, nice to have it on the big TV

Another nice wee bargain for Vanillaware fans, Dragon’s Crown Pro is around £5

My wife bought me the PS3 version way back, and I never really played it much, the sold it for a fair bit as it went up in value. Thought I’d try the 4k remaster for the price of a Big Mac meal. If you can look past the Amazonian and the Sorcerer who were obviously designed by a 40yo horny virgin, it’s a very nicely drawn action RPG. 

So is the PS5 still hard to get in the UK? My sister has been after once since launch here in Canada and still struggles to find a reasonable price. Shops here don't sell the console on it's own, always in a bundle. Current cheapest is the GOW bundle at $920 after tax (554 pound sterling).

23 minutes ago, Capwn said:

So is the PS5 still hard to get in the UK? My sister has been after once since launch here in Canada and still struggles to find a reasonable price. Shops here don't sell the console on it's own, always in a bundle. Current cheapest is the GOW bundle at $920 after tax (554 pound sterling).

You can pick them up without too much trouble now but they also appear to be mainly bundles too from what I’ve seen.