PlayStation 5 - Next gen is here!

So pleased I had the foresight to ensure I had a suitable place for the new consoles when I bought the furniture for my office / den earlier this year. Loads of room on the top next to the TV for both a PS5 and Series X with no worries about airflow...

3780BE03-C13C-4C93-8E00-F112D6ABE4CF.jpeg

6 minutes ago, bear said:

I was going to pos @bridger for the mini fridge under the telly which seems like a great idea to me. 

Then I realised it was a subwoofer. 

I draw the line at putting a fridge in there. I’d be fatter than I already am and at

least walking up and downstairs now and again burns off a few calories. 

5 minutes ago, Lorfarius said:

Anyone know the deal with Spider-Man? I never really played it properly on PS4 and saw some talk about it being updated for PS5 and a pack in with the new one. I haven't preordered any games yet.

£70 for the ultimate edition containing the game you’ve already bought upgraded for PS5 plus miles morales.

£50 for miles morales.

you can also play the original BC (i.e. as PS4 Pro) if you have a digital edition, or you buy the disk PS5.

1 minute ago, footle said:

£70 for the ultimate edition containing the game you’ve already bought upgraded for PS5 plus miles morales.

£50 for miles morales.

you can also play the original BC (i.e. as PS4 Pro) if you have a digital edition, or you buy the disk PS5.

I don't have a PS4 of the game at the moment so if I buy a cheap copy it should let me install then upgrade it on PS5?

1 minute ago, Lorfarius said:

I don't have a PS4 of the game at the moment so if I buy a cheap copy it should let me install then upgrade it on PS5?

I think that may only get you the backwards compatible version. As footle says, you'll get the PS4 Pro version. 

I'd say your best bet is to probably just get the Ultimate edition of MM. 

50 minutes ago, bridger said:

So pleased I had the foresight to ensure I had a suitable place for the new consoles when I bought the furniture for my office / den earlier this year. Loads of room on the top next to the TV for both a PS5 and Series X with no worries about airflow...

3780BE03-C13C-4C93-8E00-F112D6ABE4CF.jpeg

Which TV unit is that? Looks cool aye! 

3 minutes ago, BitterToad said:

How do cloud saves work on PS4? I'm planning to sell my Pro this week at dirty shitty CEX and am hoping to carry on with Death Stranding when my PS5 turns up. Are cloud saves on PS4 as simple as they are on XBox?

Linked to PS+, so while you have a PS+ sub it's as easy as logging in on your PS5. I don't know how long they last when your subscription lapses but from my experience of sacking off PS+ for a while, it's a good few months at least. 

5 minutes ago, Lorfarius said:

Sounds like that HD is going to fill up fast once you put a few games on. Not much point in USB external shortage as you will lose the speed, is there much talk about Sony upgrades for that? Maybe a line of plug in external stuff with the fancier drive?

You'll need an nvme SSD to expand storage for PS5 games but they'll need to meet a certain spec (which we don't know yet). I think they mentioned you'll be able to store games externally, but they'll need to be copied to internal storage before you can play them.

I assume you'll be able to plug a SATA III SSD in externally for PS4 stuff and still have fast load times. 

13 minutes ago, Lyrical Donut said:

You'll need an nvme SSD to expand storage for PS5 games but they'll need to meet a certain spec (which we don't know yet). I think they mentioned you'll be able to store games externally, but they'll need to be copied to internal storage before you can play them.

I assume you'll be able to plug a SATA III SSD in externally for PS4 stuff and still have fast load times. 

I don’t think they’ve said anything about storing PS5 games on an external HDD, just that you can play PS4 games from one.

12 minutes ago, Lyrical Donut said:

The same external drive you may be using for PS4 can be used here for all PS4 games, it's been confirmed (obtusely, in Cernys talk).

So that takes the immediate strain off. TBF I've had a 1tb One since Christmas and the only thing that's been a struggle has been CoD.

I really do like how MS have designed the Series X, it's almost as if they had engineers and designers working together. Whereas Sony just laid it all out in a rectangle, saw it resembled Original XB One and slapped on some wings in a half arsed attempt to hide the similarity. It's really shocking how bad PS5 looks, they've been working on it for years and this is the best they could come up with? WTF! It better be fucking whisper quiet, there better be an awesome cooling system there as a pay off for this monstrosity.