IGNORED

PlayStation 5 - Next gen is here!

Eighthours

image.thumb.png.153175ca723d20e677f6f92290d99439.png

image.png.e5d33e511c50a50becc15d9d8a45e772.png    

" Hey everyone! I can't believe this but the PS5 is coming out next month!! Quite brave of Sony to be so quiet about it and just release it without any form of advertising, promotion or full feature reveal! "

6 hours ago, wretcherd said:

All I want is a screenshot/record button that works instantly like the Switch.

It does work instantly as far as I can tell, it’s the notification ping which is delayed. I guess it pings when it finishes saving the file instead of when the image is taken. The sort of bad design that would be easy to fix but make the console seem far faster, i.e. classic Sony design.

It depends on the game. Recording a clip in Titanfall 2 multiplayer requires you to wait while the OS fights for resource from the game which can take 20 seconds. Unless you record 15 minute blocks between matches and then edit them down later, and I cannot be bothered with that.

1 hour ago, Alex W. said:

It does work instantly as far as I can tell, it’s the notification ping which is delayed. I guess it pings when it finishes saving the file instead of when the image is taken. The sort of bad design that would be easy to fix but make the console seem far faster, i.e. classic Sony design.

I've heard that the screenshots are instant but on a few occasions for me the captured image has been seconds late, which is frustrating. 

I really hope they fix the messy UI for PS5. I was glad they added the quick side-bar but notifications pop up directly over the menu text which is bizarre. It's also frustratingly slow.