PlayStation 5 - Next gen is here!

7 hours ago, Quexex said:

It's really easy, then the lawyers get hold of it and rewrite it to be as arse covering as possible.

I dunno. This bit is very weird:

Before purchasing add-ons to play with your PS4 games on PS5 consoles, please try to boot and play your PS4 games on your PS5 console to see if you are happy with the play experience.

I don’t really see how that doesn’t cause you to worry - you’re basically being asked to test your own games. 

The blog post also seems to say the new camera doesn’t work with PS4 games. Does this mean it won’t work with unpatched PS VR games? 

4 minutes ago, HarryBizzle said:

The blog post also seems to say the new camera doesn’t work with PS4 games. Does this mean it won’t work with unpatched PS VR games? 

That's why they are giving away an adapter to use the PS4 camera with PS5.

1 minute ago, JohnC said:

And, you know, this messaging has been entirely consistent for months. If you’re interested in PSVR on the PS5 then you’ve either been hiding under a rock with your incuriousity to avoid discovering this, or you’re suddenly having an outbreak of genuine concerns.

6 minutes ago, JohnC said:

Yeah, I’m aware of that. There’s no need for another “genuine concerns” pile on from a bunch of people who are definitely too grown up for console wars. 

Just seems odd that if you want an HD camera you have to keep plugging your old camera in or have both connected. 

The fact that they’re releasing a camera that is basically just for streaming at the moment, but still chosen to give it two lenses, is interesting and adds weight to idea that they will be making a new PS VR for PS5. 

15 minutes ago, HarryBizzle said:

I dunno. This bit is very weird:

I don’t really see how that doesn’t cause you to worry - you’re basically being asked to test your own games. 

No, they just don’t want you to buy add-ons for PS4 games without you having tested them beforehand.

All this worrying and the genuine concerns are getting a bit ridiculous

4 minutes ago, Grobbelboy said:

No, they just don’t want you to buy add-ons for PS4 games without you having tested them beforehand.

All this worrying and the genuine concerns are getting a bit ridiculous

Why? What am I likely to find? How many hours of a game do I have to play before deciding it’s safe to buy the DLC?

They should probably just fix their awful customer service and returns policy, so if you buy something that doesn’t run right, you can just refund it. 

10 hours ago, AlexM said:

I’m quite concerned about what I have heard, suggestions to use PS4 controllers for PS4 games on the PS5, why?

I’ve already got PS4, Xbox, Switch and Wii U controllers in the front room, I’m happy to exchange some (and preferably have less), but not more! 

The PS4 VR sounds like it could be tacked on as well, but until we get some answers it’s really up in the air.

Obviously, the context here was that if you have multiplayer PS4 games you want to play on PS5 you don't need to rush out and buy more controllers. You can just use the ones you already have. But if you want to use the PS5 ones, and melt down the PS4 ones for cashback you can do that.

This is A Good Thing, obviously.

1 hour ago, HarryBizzle said:

Why? What am I likely to find? How many hours of a game do I have to play before deciding it’s safe to buy the DLC?

They should probably just fix their awful customer service and returns policy, so if you buy something that doesn’t run right, you can just refund it. 

You probably shouldn't buy a PS5, you seem to hate Sony.

2 hours ago, HarryBizzle said:

It's really easy, then the lawyers get hold of it and rewrite it to be as arse covering as possible.

Trust me being married to a lawyer I doubt lawyers ever went anywhere near these press releases and news drips.

11 hours ago, AlexM said:

I’m quite concerned about what I have heard, suggestions to use PS4 controllers for PS4 games on the PS5, why?

I’ve already got PS4, Xbox, Switch and Wii U controllers in the front room, I’m happy to exchange some (and preferably have less), but not more! 

The PS4 VR sounds like it could be tacked on as well, but until we get some answers it’s really up in the air.

If they hadn’t supported PS4 controllers we’d have had pages whinging about that.  4 systems in your front room and you’re worried about another controller? Tacked on PSVR, it needs a free connector? lol.

12 hours ago, AlexM said:

Am I having a stroke?

Have we forgotten the 20 pages of ‘the sky is falling’ we had because people were upset that they couldn’t use a PS4 controller for PS5 games? Now we have drama about having to keep a PS4 controller around for PS4 games?

15 minutes ago, Darwock said:

Am I having a stroke?

Have we forgotten the 20 pages of ‘the sky is falling’ we had because people were upset that they couldn’t use a PS4 controller for PS5 games? Now we have drama about having to keep a PS4 controller around for PS4 games?

Well you might be, but I can’t help you there. 

I am relatively new to this forum, reading 300+ pages is a little beyond my spare time - I’ve found the answers to my questions though so no need to worry about my concerns:lol:

It seems these threads are a bit of a feeding frenzy, as per other forums. 

12 minutes ago, AlexM said:

Well you might be, but I can’t help you there. 

I am relatively new to this forum, reading 300+ pages is a little beyond my spare time - I’ve found the answers to my questions though so no need to worry about my concerns:lol:

It seems these threads are a bit of a feeding frenzy, as per other forums. 

Vic and Bob Handbags.jpg

20 minutes ago, AlexM said:

Would you say that your concerns are... legitimate?

18 minutes ago, moosegrinder said:

The platform threads always are. Tribalism brings out the worst in people.

Honestly, you can't really call it tribalism when the people in the other thread are demonstrably savages.

edit - shit, sorry, thought I was posting in the Xbox thread.

1 hour ago, Harsin said:

I heard the PS5 is antisemetic and the favoured format of the IRA. Confirm/Deny?

The plot of Infamous Second Son was all about how the DUP are bad and must be defeated. It's obvious who Sony were targeting with that. 

1 hour ago, Bangaio said:

Trust me being married to a lawyer I doubt lawyers ever went anywhere near these press releases and news drips.

I bet they are a competent lawyer though. Having worked very closely with the PS UK legal team I can tell you that the level of arse covering incompetence was unparalleled. To the point of actively killing the studios leading franchise... was time ago now, still makes me rage tho

Thank god I experienced Robinson The Journey while I was able to.

A window in time that shall be looked back upon as the sacred stained glass moment in gaming history.

I quite fancy repurposing my 4tb external drive as a PS4 games drive. That would be a lot of games!

• gospvg changed the title to PlayStation 5 - See OP for link to Ultimate FAQ
  • Eighthours changed the title to PlayStation 5 - Next gen is here!