PlayStation 5 - Next gen is here!

1 minute ago, catinthehat said:

Eh?

A reductive way of saying at least two incredible games are launching with console release. As opposed to greats like Killzone/Knack - or ......I can't even remember what launched with the PS3/PS2 which says it all

37 minutes ago, gospvg said:

@Harrisown@teddymeow on your smyths order. When you log into your account online do you see your pre-order in the order history? Or is their a seperate section for pre-orders that I can't see?

It's in my Order History. Shows as "In Progress" in the list with other orders 

46 minutes ago, AceGrace said:

I am always amazed that 99% of their advertising doesn't show the console or games. It's a bloody console. Show it!

Remember the Dreamcast adverts?

All the “Welcome to the Third Place” PS2 era stuff was brilliant. I love the weirder stuff. And that robo-lady Japanese “Play-Stay-Shon” is just perfect. 

Good news on NMS. I've just fired it up again recently and 4K@60 with haptics and more "stuff" in the proc built worlds sound good to me. No issues save wise either by the sounds of it. :D 

Looking forward to the other announcements... has there been any word thus far on a Horizon next-gen patch and when we might expect it?

13 minutes ago, teddymeow said:

It's in my Order History. Shows as "In Progress" in the list with other orders 

Bugger! Thanks will give them a call.

10 minutes ago, moosegrinder said:

I was wondering what support NMS might get, since it's been exceptional so far, nice to see they've not let the die down. Looking forward to increased VR fidelity too :)

7 minutes ago, Parappa said:

Is there any clue when the adaptor to play PSVR on PS5 will be out?.  If that is available at launch I see no reason not to just sell the PS4 Pro?  Do PS4 disks work with PS5?

Yes PS4 discs will work on the Physical PS5. We have no info from Sony yet about the PSVR Adaptor.

12 minutes ago, moosegrinder said:

The blog post says "PSVR owners can continue to experience No Man’s Sky in Virtual Reality on PlayStation 5 via the backwards compatibility functionality." so maybe news about the adapter will be coming soon?

It’s a shame they couldn’t just stick it in the box but I guess there’d be too many wasted but posting it to everyone doesn’t seem too efficient either.

32 minutes ago, teddymeow said:

Everybody'll be talkin' 'bout BUGSNAX!!

That and AstroBot pre-installed is really cool.

Well this is shaping up well. Astro Bot free with the console, Bug Snax free in January and Destruction All Stars free in February. That's a good start.. bloody hell, we're going to need those bigger hard drives ASAP.

The wording suggests not. It's something like "PS Plus subscribers who own a PS5 can claim Bugsnax."

EDIT: Although Eurogamer say

On the upside, this offer will last a little while - you'll have from the day the PS5 launches in your particular region until 1st April 2021 to claim your Bugsnax PS5 copy, which means anyone getting a console at Christmas won't be left out.

• gospvg changed the title to PlayStation 5 - See OP for link to Ultimate FAQ
  • Eighthours changed the title to PlayStation 5 - Next gen is here!