PlayStation 5 - Next gen is here!

The PS Plus Collection has been expanded, added two further titles; Crash N Sane Trilogy and also COD: Black Ops III–Zombies Chronicles Edition. Can read more here further down the article.

Full updated list:

From Worldwide Studios:

Bloodborne
Days Gone
Detroit: Become Human
God of War
Infamous Second Son
Ratchet and Clank 
The Last Guardian
The Last of Us Remastered
Until Dawn
Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End

From our third-party publishers and developers:

Batman: Arkham Knight
Battlefield 1
Call of Duty: Black Ops III – Zombies Chronicles Edition
Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy
Fallout 4
Final Fantasy XV Royal Edition
Monster Hunter: World
Mortal Kombat X
Persona 5
Resident Evil 7 Biohazard

Adding Crash Bandicoot is really a nice throwback to the days of the original PlayStation.

I was working at Toys R Us when the first Crash came out and people just loved it!!

Also, didn't realise that The Last Guardian is part of the collection. Can we hope that the power of PS5 means a stable frame rate?!

22 minutes ago, grounded_dreams said:

The PS Plus Collection has been expanded, added two further titles; Crash N Sane Trilogy and also COD: Black Ops III–Zombies Chronicles Edition. Can read more here further down the article.

Full updated list:

From Worldwide Studios:

Bloodborne
Days Gone
Detroit: Become Human
God of War
Infamous Second Son
Ratchet and Clank 
The Last Guardian
The Last of Us Remastered
Until Dawn
Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End

From our third-party publishers and developers:

Batman: Arkham Knight
Battlefield 1
Call of Duty: Black Ops III – Zombies Chronicles Edition
Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy
Fallout 4
Final Fantasy XV Royal Edition
Monster Hunter: World
Mortal Kombat X
Persona 5
Resident Evil 7 Biohazard

Mad that it still includes Fallout 4, I guess that deal was signed long before the Microsoft thing closed.

Weird that an Xbox Studios game is going to be free on PS Plus.

Just now, Isaac said:

Mad that it still includes Fallout 4, I guess that deal was signed long before the Microsoft thing closed.

Weird that an Xbox Studios game is going to be free on PS Plus.

Deal isn't done yet so it wouldn't change anything. Phil Spencer has been batting back questions on Bethesda titles as he is not allowed to even discuss the future road map with them until the deal has been ratified.

7 minutes ago, HarryBizzle said:

That Bugsnax announcement makes me think that it’s not going to be 2 games a month, and possibly not even one a month for a good while. 

When you think about it... if they give you a game, that works on ps5 would you mind just because it’s not unplayable on PS4. Weird isn’t it.

1 minute ago, MansizeRooster said:

Am I total dafty for pre-ordering the PS5 Miles Morales? Should I get the PS4 version and get a free upgrade of some sort?

Yeah probably cheaper 

2 hours ago, df0 said:

PSVR adapter page. Does not seem to be in working order yet but it's at least up.

https://camera-adaptor.support.playstation.com/en-gb

Well that was an exercise in frustration, but I eventually got the form to go through after reaching the name/address page of the form about 10 times

image.png.de41a77fee0ffcbfd8a4d25973dfd72e.png

I found leaving about 10 seconds after filling in each stage (captcha, PSVR serial, putting in name/address) was more successful than pressing Next/Confirm immediately.

Haven't had any kind of email confirmation so who knows if it actually went through.

EDIT: I just tried again and it did tell me a request for that serial number had already been made, so I guess it worked :)

Got a confirmation email for the adapter request. 

What does interest me in the FAQ is this bit:

How do I connect the PlayStation Camera to my PS5 console using the PlayStation Camera adaptor?

Connect the PlayStation Camera adaptor to a USB Type-A port on the back of your PS5™console. The PlayStation Camera adaptor cannot be used with the PS4™console.

So it's gunna end in a standard USB connection, which means someone will inevitably get it working on PC and hopefully some interesting home brew applications like has previously happened with the Kinect. 

now I've ordered a VR adaptor, my NEED for a PS5 has increased exponentially.

It was bad enough getting the green light, and moving the money around, but 

Spoiler

image.png.999b161fc8eca0b01c335eafb7f7b42f.png

makes it TOO real. I NEED a pre-order. I need an email from Amazon or Argos saying I can buy one with them... I'm not paying over the odds though.

Fuck that.

Is there any confirmation that PS5 titles have working VR modes? Of course the PS4 games work but since the free Astrobot thing is PS5 only it might not work with the PS4 headset.

Has someone hit up Shaun Murray on Twitter and asked if the Next Generation NMS update works in VR? I think it says PSVR support in the 'next gen' trailer so maybe it does?

Anyone had an email yet from Simplygames about their PS5 preorder? Anyone know when they are going to charge your card or if you get notification before they do?

42 minutes ago, FozZ said:

Got a confirmation email for the adapter request. 

What does interest me in the FAQ is this bit:

How do I connect the PlayStation Camera to my PS5 console using the PlayStation Camera adaptor?

Connect the PlayStation Camera adaptor to a USB Type-A port on the back of your PS5™console. The PlayStation Camera adaptor cannot be used with the PS4™console.

So it's gunna end in a standard USB connection, which means someone will inevitably get it working on PC and hopefully some interesting home brew applications like has previously happened with the Kinect. 

Isn’t the PS4 camera literally just two webcams set next to each other, versus the Kinect’s structured light field IR imager? I don’t think there is a lot of untapped potential there.

1 minute ago, Alex W. said:

Isn’t the PS4 camera literally just two webcams set next to each other, versus the Kinect’s structured light field IR imager? I don’t think there is a lot of untapped potential there.

Yeah it's a just a dual camera for depth and motion tracking, nothing fancy about it at all, it doesnt even have different fov or resolution to them.

5 hours ago, Thor said:

Er, when looking at the serial number on the PSVR ...

image.png.b12da9659c3bbf020f851a68d8d154c7.png

Anyone else?

I had a take a fucking picture of it on my phone and enlarge that.

yeah, and zooming just shows how fucking filthy it is.

169D96B3-E05A-4567-8BB7-155FD10B82A4.jpeg.53e4e216882657f3da1bb53eff2dbf73.jpeg

talking of emails about the PSVR adaptor

We will contact you again about the status of your request. If granted, shipments are expected to begin around mid-November 2020.

"yeah, soon as we see your PSN Name used on a PS5, sunshine. You ain't flipping that shit on eBay"

Joke's on them: I didn't use my PSN email address.

14 hours ago, footle said:

I’m still not sure why it needs those curvy wings other than that someone thought a big black block that was 90% of the size without those curves would somehow look less “cool”.

I saw someone mention somewhere that the flaps are there to stop people blocking the vents by pushing the console up against another surface.  We all know how loud a ps4 got even at Alice if it was in an area with not enough ventilation. These overhanging flaps are maybe a way to make sure it doesn’t set the house on fire if you push it up against the side of your AV unit or your router. 

• gospvg changed the title to PlayStation 5 - See OP for link to Ultimate FAQ
  • Eighthours changed the title to PlayStation 5 - Next gen is here!