IGNORED

PlayStation 5 - Next gen is here!

Eighthours

6 minutes ago, HarryBizzle said:

Nice one, Reynard. The Miles one would have been my preference. I don’t have much use for a second Dualsense, really. Hopefully, I can put it in Trading and not lose too much money on it.

I think I’m going to pick up the PS4 version of Miles, as it’s a bit cheaper. Also going to change my Xbox Cyberpunk preorder to PS4. 

Miles + Astro at launch, + catch up on some of the exclusives I’ve missed (Ghost of Tshushima, Days Gone) and maybe finally finish Bloodborne. :D

The Game page now says "Please Note: Any pre-orders placed from 22/10/20 are not guaranteed to be delivered on the release date of the PlayStation 5 console (19/11/20)" which I don't remember being there earlier in the day :(

2 minutes ago, pledge said:

The Game page now says "Please Note: Any pre-orders placed from 22/10/20 are not guaranteed to be delivered on the release date of the PlayStation 5 console (19/11/20)" which I don't remember being there earlier in the day :(

It’s been there for days. 

You can have a look at the stock informer and HotUKDeals pages where people have contacted them. I wouldn’t worry too much. It’s still launch stock - it just might be they’re processed late and don’t arrive on lunch day. 

3 minutes ago, pledge said:

I had one in basket but then was OOS again when I tried to pay, so was just trying to make myself feel better :P Hope they send them out for you guys.

I had this but just kept hitting back/pay until it worked just now (thanks @HarryBizzlefor posting it above!).

Apparently this is real stock coming in (cancellations), although I'll not get my hopes up just yet. So I imagine you're managing to get one in stock when you add to the basket, someone else pays first, but then you're getting another in stock one when the payment works! We shall see.

1 minute ago, StephenM said:

I had this but just kept hitting back/pay until it worked just now (thanks @HarryBizzlefor posting it above!).

Apparently this is real stock coming in (cancellations), although I'll not get my hopes up just yet. So I imagine you're managing to get one in stock when you add to the basket, someone else pays first, but then you're getting another in stock one when the payment works! We shall see.

Crap I retried for a while but then removed it in case it didn't work like that. 

2 minutes ago, HarryBizzle said:

Can you all please stop posting that you got it to work in like 30mins to a few hours. At least have the decency to wait a few days and tell me it was hell for you.

It was an intense two hours though, I promise.

12 minutes ago, SeanR said:

So far I get this far...  AFTER payment. Maybe I should try a proper browser?

F26ABBDE-A025-40CA-A059-96517284A653.thumb.jpeg.cea88abd6d8edc0dc0e10beb20286045.jpeg

That is after you have hit Pay Now, not after payment has been taken.

You'll know it has worked when you repeatedly attempt to pay and it actually processes it, rather than taking you to that screen.

Since we're already deep in pre-order chat: Has anyone with a Curry's PC World heard anything since payment on Oct 22nd? I got the 'Order Acknowledgement' and 'We are processing your order' emails right away but nothing since. I still don't know if I'm getting a launch one or I've got a pre-order for some other batch further down the line. 

6 minutes ago, skondo said:

I don’t get anything at all. It seems I can’t add anything to my basket at all, as it pops up with a note stating they don’t support international orders. Tried on my android mobile and my iPad. Somewhat perplexed.

There are two stages - getting it into the basket and then getting the order through quickly enough for it to process.

EDIT: Once I had it in the basket, I still got knocked back on a couple of attempts to process the order, getting the screen Sean posted.

I took HB's advice to register my details, including the payment stuff, so all I had to enter when reattempting was the 3-digit security code.  Tried another couple of times (leaving it a few mins each time) and got it through on the third try (AFAIR).

EDIT2: Shit @skondo just read your message again and understand - for me on android, it wouldn't even offer me *any* PS5 bundles.  It just has a 'Register Interest' page and it appears that this method wouldn't work on there.  This is something I have been doing on my desktop browser (firefox).

47 minutes ago, HarryBizzle said:

Miles + Astro at launch, + catch up on some of the exclusives I’ve missed (Ghost of Tshushima, Days Gone) and maybe finally finish Bloodborne. :D

This is going to be my experience as well.  It appears to have paid off a bit to be gaming a few months behind current, so I haven't got any of those games you mention yet.

1 minute ago, hombre_hompson said:

It just appeared to work for me. Had the dual sense charging station bundle in my basket. Took about 10 mins of going back and retrying to pay before it went through. Have got an email from Paypal but not Game yet, so fingers crossed.

Should be there under My Account

22 minutes ago, HarryBizzle said:

I had an email from Game saying make sure I’ve got money in my account as they’re going to take payment in the next few days. :)

Nice, I got the same, curiously it mentions the next two to three weeks rather than a specific date...  I can see the future I. These tea leaves ;)

22 minutes ago, deerokus said:

I don't understand the 'no new games to play'. There are quite a lot. Sure, most of them (not all) can be played on the old gen or on pc but not as nicely in most cases. Gears Tactics, Valhalla, Planet Coaster, Yakuza are all new to console and there are others, that's just the ones I'm interested in. That's enough, surely?

I think a lot of people still can't get used to the very different approach they're taking here. It's like upgrading your pc, technically you can play the same games on your old system, we don't say 'what are you going to play' to that. 

It's strange, especially when the PS5 barely has any new games to play on it.

From what I can see, and what we know about it has:

Astro (pack in)

Bugsnax (ps+ freebie and hardly a system seller)

Souls (remake of a ps3 game)

Spiderman Ultimate (remaster of a current gen game with no new content, and not really anything more than what the Series X has with Forza Horizon 4 / Gears etc for free)

Also Godfall, which is just a console exclusive.

18 minutes ago, jonamok said:

The cheeky fucks at Very took my money the minute I preordered back in September. They better have the fucking stock!

I had Argos do a similar thing with an Oculust Quest 2 preorder. Was straight through on my card and when I asked livechat was told "we don't do Preorders".

13 minutes ago, Quexex said:

Nice, I got the same, curiously it mentions the next two to three weeks rather than a specific date...  I can see the future I. These tea leaves ;)

That does make it sound more 'launch window' than 'launch day'.

2E8BF970-7872-471F-8753-1F8AB3C52246.thumb.png.827e6ef6dd5f2ef3aad99e797830e3c2.png

I used a guest account to purchase it. I’m guessing everything is fine and I don’t need to move that over to a proper account which I only made the other day (don’t know why I didn’t have one already)

Ill leave it and just wait for them to take payment then it’ll be reeeeeal.