IGNORED

PlayStation 5 - Next gen is here!

Eighthours

3 hours ago, Talvalin said:

Possibly not the right thread for this, but is it possible to play the previous games in any form on the PS5? I only ever played the first MGS on a flatmates's PS1 (I have no idea how I got past the bit where you have to do the thing - were there guides on the Internet back then?) but I've wanted to play the other games in the series for an age but just never got around to buying my own PS.

The MGS 2 & 3 HD collection and MGS 4 are both available on PS3 through PlayStation Now. 

3 minutes ago, Thor said:

So now I can't express disappointment about a missing feature without wild accusations?

You carry on! Your sometimes extreme reactions to games and hardware is what keeps me going through the day.

Hell, I've had years of fucking about adding turquoise to skies because of you!

11 hours ago, Thor said:

Decent vid. I dont rate Leadbetter all that much but he's bang on about the the lack of VRR. I thought that was just there, a given at launch. What the fuck are Sony playing at?

8 hours ago, Thor said:

Nah, that's a feature that should just be there, day one. It's a shit-show from Sony that it's not. 

7 hours ago, Thor said:

It is a shit show when your competitor has the same feature working perfectly on their console that's out a week before yours. I played Control with VRR on PC and it makes quite the difference. Given the performance modes of the new games aren't locked 60fps, just "up to" 60fps, I was expecting VRR to smooth that off - because that's exactly what VRR is made for. But it's not a feature on the PS5 at launch.

That's a black eye for Sony.

9 minutes ago, Thor said:

So now I can't express disappointment about a missing feature without wild accusations?

I mean, I wouldn’t say anybody’s misinterpreted the tone of your posts.

I’m pretty sure VRR will be patched in if it’s been advertised by Sony. I’m willing to give some leeway in this absolute twat of a year!

6 hours ago, Calashnikov said:

Found this link of currently uncapped PS4 games (TLG isn’t included, I suppose since the 30 cap was patched in), which should give us an idea of what games will run at 60fps on PS5:

Anthem

Ark: Survival Evolved

Borderlands 3

Crysis: Remastered

Dark Souls 3

Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin

Days Gone

Dead by Daylight

Dreams

Ghost of Tsushima

God of War (2018)

Final Fantasy XIV

Final Fantasy XV

Fortnite

Hitman

Hitman 2

infamous: Second Son

Killzone: Shadow Fall

Kingdom Hearts 3

Knack

Knack 2

Marvel's Avengers

Monster Hunter World

Nioh

Nioh 2

PUBG

Resident Evil 2

Resident Evil 3

Rise of the Tomb Raider

Saints Row The Third Remastered

Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice

Shadow of the Tomb Raider

Shenmue 3

Sniper Elite 4

Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus

Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order

The Evil Within 2

No Super Stardust Ultra? Pre-order cancelled.

1 minute ago, Majora said:

This 'genuine concern' thing that seems to have popped up in both this and the Xbox thread out of nowhere the past few weeks is nearly as annoying as any of the actual troll posts. It just comes off as a cheap way to write off someone else's opinion you don't like and is increasingly being used to dismiss posts that are clearly not trolling without actually making any real effort to engage with their post.

And in fairness I wasn't trolling. I'm genuinely disappointed at the lack of a very good feature which, up until the embargo lifted, was just assumed was in because Sony said so previously. That's it. :)

4 minutes ago, Majora said:

This 'genuine concern' thing that seems to have popped up in both this and the Xbox thread out of nowhere the past few weeks is nearly as annoying as any of the actual troll posts. It just comes off as a cheap way to write off someone else's opinion you don't like and is increasingly being used to dismiss posts that are clearly not trolling without actually making any real effort to engage with their post.

Are you suggesting that the genuine concerns are genuine?

Does that concern you?

Genuinely concern you?

I look forward to people getting tired of the posts about people getting tired about genuine concerns posts :)

The sooner these consoles are out and we can get away from this console wars stuff the better :coffee:

36 minutes ago, Dirty Harry Potter said:

Loading games back to the SSD, is going to be the new loading!

Can the PS4 games be played off the external storage or is it just an archive solution? Guess we will all have to be very selective about what is installed on the SSD. For me it's going to Ghost of Tshushima, Monster Hunter World, Astro Play Room, Journey, No Mans Sky & Dreams.

8 minutes ago, Majora said:

Sorry my thread title name change for today was a pisstake I have no concerns just give me the console & let me enjoy.

16 minutes ago, gospvg said:

Can the PS4 games be played off the external storage or is it just an archive solution? Guess we will all have to be very selective about what is installed on the SSD. For me it's going to Ghost of Tshushima, Monster Hunter World, Astro Play Room, Journey, No Mans Sky & Dreams.

PS4 games can be played from an external drive yeah.

29 minutes ago, Clipper said:

The sooner these consoles are out and we can get away from this console wars stuff the better :coffee:

I think not! When both consoles are out, the phoney war can end, but the real war will begin.

Cry havoc and let slip the flops of tera!

No VRR in the pre launch dashboard is an annoyance but it is part of the HDMI 2.1 spec so the hardware is capable. I wouldn't worry about it not being present at this exact moment.

I also think people forget how the vast majority of people buying even something like a PS5 at launch won't have a HDMI 2.1 VRR capable TV. I know it feels like the whole forum has the C9/CX/BX etc oleds but it really is a niche right now. It is probably on the back burner as it really is a minority feature for being with the most cutting edge tech. 

It also won't cause an issue for games that are running smooth with locked 30/60fps.

50 minutes ago, Thor said:

Alright, the fact that pretty much everyone now is telling me I'm coming across as aggressive and need to chill means … FUCK YOU! YOU THINK THAT'S AGGRESSIVE? YOU HAVEN'T EVEN BEGUN TO SEE AGGRESSIVE FROM ME YET ...

… or, just maybe, I don't realise how my posts come across sometimes, and do indeed just need to chill. Probably that. :)

@Quexex This is indeed the thread for getting hyped about the PS5, and I'm sorry if I spoiled that for you. I am excited for it, but I just found the lack of VRR at launch more than somewhat disappointing. Given Sony's track record on communication these days it wouldn't at all surprise me if there's a day-one update that turns it on. 

No worries mate. It IS disappointing, and I hope you are right and it gets added as an update later. However it maybe there already, just up to devs to check a box on build submission rather than a feature users turn on or off in the menus (not sure why it would ever be off if your TV supports it).

Anyway lets carry on getting HYPED! Lockdown console launch couldn't be better times for us in the UK, punctuating almost the mid point of this current phase of restrictions. It seems that we should all be able to get are consoles on launch day. I'm curious to see how you peeps integrate 'The BEAST' in to their set ups.

Going to be curious to see how many publishers put out 'unlocked' patches for older games. There is not much dev work required but a full QA cycle will be costly. 

I want to see if Broforce runs at a decent clip in 2 player now, it chugged horribly on PS4 Pro although it was still fun.