PlayStation 5 - Next gen is here!

20 minutes ago, mikeyl said:

Nice! But have they sorted out Miles’ Nikes yet? They are a fundamental part of his personality.

I watched Spiderverse for the first time on the weekend... So this actually makes sense ;) I guess for licensing reasons no. Shame ...

22 minutes ago, mikeyl said:

Nice! But have they sorted out Miles’ Nikes yet? They are a fundamental part of his personality.

Not likely, Adidas have signed a huge agreement and will be selling the Superstars Miles wears in game from December PS Logo's as well

47 minutes ago, Pelekophoros said:

Great news! And immediately has me hoping the upgrade route to ultimate edition is easy for when I'm jonesing to take on that DLC I never beat. 

It is mainly because it proves Sony are actually listening. 

12 minutes ago, gooner4life said:

Not likely, Adidas have signed a huge agreement and will be selling the Superstars Miles wears in game from December PS Logo's as well

Nooo, Air Jordans are literally what Miles would’ve chosen and made him feel like the Boss. Was racking my head and was trying to figure out what Adidas would suit the character and there is barely any. At least Superstars have the Run DMC vibe I guess.

• gospvg changed the title to PlayStation 5 | 9 Days - See OP for link to Ultimate FAQ
22 minutes ago, Haribokart said:

Have there been any more details on how to get a PS5 (by ordering ON launch day FFS) yet, as in times preorders are going up or anything?

From looking at what was happening with Xbox today, a lot of the usual suspects (Game, Very, etc) seem to be getting launch day stock but all for delivery in December. Someone on HUD seemed to reckon they managed to get one from Asda with collection later this week but no idea how accurate that is!

Bit of an odd one, but I'm wondering if anyone has seen reports on the status of any "ps2 on ps4" games working on ps5? I'm specifically interested in Ace Combat 5, but I'm guessing that'll be one of the last to be tested (as it can't be bought).

(I'm hoping they should be fine, but I'm a tiny bit wary as they were all emulated rather than ported, so this would be an emulator running in an emulator)

21 minutes ago, StephenM said:

From looking at what was happening with Xbox today, a lot of the usual suspects (Game, Very, etc) seem to be getting launch day stock but all for delivery in December. Someone on HUD seemed to reckon they managed to get one from Asda with collection later this week but no idea how accurate that is!

I managed to order a Series X this morning on Asda for collection on Friday. Took me a week to convince the missus that i NEEDED it.

Just now, sbrandon111 said:

I managed to order a Series X this morning on Asda for collection on Friday. Took me a week to convince the missus that i NEEDED it.

Nice one! Do you know when they went live? That's gonna be my plan next week if Game don't come through, I reckon.

6 minutes ago, StephenM said:

Nice one! Do you know when they went live? That's gonna be my plan next week if Game don't come through, I reckon.

Around 7am this morning for Xbox, so i think the PS5 orders will go live on 7am on launch day . I popped in to Tesco as well and they reckon that all their stock will be online orders only, worth checking them out too.

40 minutes ago, StephenM said:

Try using stockinformer: https://stockinformer.co.uk/checker-xbox-series-x

You can leave the page open in the background and turn the alarm on, or sign up to the Telegram group where they post stock alerts.

40 minutes ago, sbrandon111 said:

Around 7am this morning for Xbox, so i think the PS5 orders will go live on 7am on launch day . I popped in to Tesco as well and they reckon that all their stock will be online orders only, worth checking them out too.

Sony have specifically dictated that all launch day sales be made available online only, so there is almost zero point running around stores in person next week for one.

21 minutes ago, Pelekophoros said:

Sony have specifically dictated that all launch day sales be made available online only, so there is almost zero point running around stores in person next week for one.

In the UK most of the stores will be shut unless you are collecting an online order...

4 minutes ago, Quexex said:

In the UK most of the stores will be shut unless you are collecting an online order...

I'm in Scotland, the stores are open here for the time being. Online does seem the way to go though. I only checked Tesco as i was popping in for the office milk. Asda online could be a good shout, it wasn't somewhere i originally thought of but got lucky this morning with the Series X order. 

4 minutes ago, Quexex said:

So seeing this has me worried about my Amazon PS5 order, even with the belt and braces approach of a Pre Order from game (which could or could not be in store to collect on the day). I could end up without (slim chance but still possible)

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2020-11-10-amazon-lets-down-some-xbox-series-x-customers-with-launch-day-delay

Doesn't say whether the problem is amazon or Microsoft. 

1 hour ago, Wiper said:

Bit of an odd one, but I'm wondering if anyone has seen reports on the status of any "ps2 on ps4" games working on ps5? I'm specifically interested in Ace Combat 5, but I'm guessing that'll be one of the last to be tested (as it can't be bought).

(I'm hoping they should be fine, but I'm a tiny bit wary as they were all emulated rather than ported, so this would be an emulator running in an emulator)

Someone on Resetera made a site that uses something in the new store to check how a game is listed with regards to backwards compatibility. Games are either compatible, bootable and non compatible.

Ace Combat 5 is showing as compatible.

23 minutes ago, JPR said:

Someone on Resetera made a site that uses something in the new store to check how a game is listed with regards to backwards compatibility. Games are either compatible, bootable and non compatible.

Ace Combat 5 is showing as compatible.

Ideal, thanks :)

1 minute ago, JPL said:

Has anyone tried EA Play yet? I had a look earlier, but when I went to install a game it gave me a error. I had a look at my subscriptions, but it’s trying to get me to pay for it, even though I’d just been in the app!

Also, is the version of Crysis on there the remaster? It’s saying I’ve already got it installed, but that’s the 360 version.

Wrong thread, boy.

• gospvg changed the title to PlayStation 5 - See OP for link to Ultimate FAQ
  • Eighthours changed the title to PlayStation 5 - Next gen is here!