PlayStation 5 - Next gen is here!

12 minutes ago, Minion said:

I'm just seeing a lot of complaints in that update thread but then maybe it's like that all the time there, there's definitely a lot more shouting into the ether on that site. The External storage is a worry as there's so many games I want to install from my existing Pro and the PS+ Collection as well as Demons that I'm going to have to get an external. Sony's silence doesn't install confidence to be fair.

Yeah they seem to be listening but not saying anything. Despite all the noise we have had our first update within a week. Hopefully other issues will be fixed quickly too.

Just seen an advert for Spiderman MM. I don't understand why they don't use in game footage. I mean, the game looks amazing. Why still insist on using pre rendered footage? This is not just a dig at this game. Assassin Vikings does the same thing. These games look incredible. Show them!

1 minute ago, Quexex said:

Here lies the noisiest console I have ever owned... It used to be vertical with a stand and tucked away behind the TV. The disc drive is basically dead, the HDD died just a few months ago some what annoyingly.

Been a gaming star though, brilliant online experience (coming from PS3), VR, stella first party games and a great home to some third party & Indy classics ...

Thousands of hours some of the best experiences gaming can offer.

You will live on my trusty friend, handed down to my 14yo son.

IMG_20201117_221050_copy_1382x1843.jpg

I can't bring myself to sell her. 

11 minutes ago, squirtle said:

Just seen an advert for Spiderman MM. I don't understand why they don't use in game footage. I mean, the game looks amazing. Why still insist on using pre rendered footage? This is not just a dig at this game. Assassin Vikings does the same thing. These games look incredible. Show them!

"EARPHONES DEPICTED NOT AVAILABLE IN GAME"

Well shit I was going to start a class action law suit about how you can't stick earphones on in the game.

Having just said farewell to Kiryu by completing Yakuza 6 it's also an appropriate time to wrap up my PS4 playing days as well. Luckily I have a quiet Last of Us 2 machine that is still fetching good money on the used market.

It's been a brilliant console really, so many great games and experiences. Truly something for everyone. Personal highlights include using VR the first time, the trio of excellent licensed games in Alien Isolation, Shadow of Mordor and Arkham Knight, the revival of long dead properties in Shenmue and Streets of Rage, Yakuza getting it's due in the west helped by Zero being one of the best games ever, forcing myself to make Bloodborne 'click' and being rewarded with an addictive masterpiece in return, the childlike joy of staying up to midnight to download the outstanding Sonic Mania, and of course the excellent and constant supply of outstanding first party releases. I'm so glad they haven't fucked up PS4 back compat as I'd never part with mine otherwise.

22 minutes ago, squirtle said:

10 minutes ago, Alex W. said:

"EARPHONES DEPICTED NOT AVAILABLE IN GAME"

Well shit I was going to start a class action law suit about how you can't stick earphones on in the game.

Yeah, it's really bizarre advertising and a crazy disclaimer.

2 minutes ago, Down by Law said:

Having just said farewell to Kiryu by completing Yakuza 6 it's also an appropriate time to wrap up my PS4 playing days as well. Luckily I have a quiet Last of Us 2 machine that is still fetching good money on the used market.

Ah the fabeled gamma chassis. The silent Pro. I considered getting one when my Pro died but it was so close to PS5 release it wasn't worth the eBay hike it was fetching by then. 

1 hour ago, Harrisown said:

It is very nearly time to pack up the PS4 Pro and put it to one side till I figure out what to do with it.

Complete cable rearrangement is needed.

I was going to do it today but I’m in the middle of a slight Apex addiction so tomorrow morning....bye bye.

Can’t believe it;s been 7 years. I still feel like it’s got 3 years left in it.

Just you wait, after a day with a next gen machine you won’t even be able to look at a PS4 pro with out contempt! 

I am saving so much money on coffee beans now tho, £70 games are practically cheap!

6 minutes ago, Shimmyhill said:

Just you wait, after a day with a next gen machine you won’t even be able to look at a PS4 pro with out contempt! 

I am saving so much money on coffee beans now tho, £70 games are practically cheap!

Why are you paying £70 for games dude? you bought the Xbox, there's nothing to buy yet.

1 hour ago, Uncle Mike said:

There were a lot of posts a few weeks/months back along the lines of "I don't think MS or Sony should launch! They're clearly neither of them ready, they should both delay" but from the looks of things, it's hard to imagine Sony producing a stronger launch than this.

You get Astrobot (which everyone is super positive about) included, a selection of launch titles which seem to be reviewing well, even if they have PS4 versions available (Miles Morales, Sackboy, even Bugsnax - which you get as part of PS Plus) what seems like a more or less must-have exclusive in Demon's Souls and then also a B tier title in Godfall.

That strikes me as a better and wider catalogue than PS4 or PS3.

And you get the PS4 collection if you've missed things, and BC that works. And there's a decent roadmap for releases over the next 6 months, in Ratchet, Gran Turismo and Returnal. Plus seemingly Horizon Forbidden Dawn and maybe God of War Ragnarok later this year.

It doesn't have that very attractive Game Pass customer value for sure, but it's hard to imagine Sony doing a better launch than we're getting - a few firmware issues notwithstanding.

Yeah there was definitely a bit of desperation from...er...members of the green persuasion to establish that both companies were in the same boat.

Now that impressions and reviews are coming out, the claims of “neither have anything at launch!” certainly seem to have died down.

It’s a great launch and my will to hold out till the new year is faltering.

21 minutes ago, gooner4life said:

Why are you paying £70 for games dude? you bought the Xbox, there's nothing to buy yet.

Well obv I’m not am I, I may splash out £40 on Asscreed but even that’s a bit pricey.... I won’t be buying any £70 games on PS5 either as their aren’t any I want either!

11 minutes ago, Shimmyhill said:

Well obv I’m not am I, I may splash out £40 on Asscreed but even that’s a bit pricey.... I won’t be buying any £70 games on PS5 either as their aren’t any I want either!

Well that and you don't have a PS5... so it would be silly to.

• gospvg changed the title to PlayStation 5 | 1 Days - See OP for link to Ultimate FAQ

Does anyone have any recommendations for a decent external drive for hosting all the great PS4 content? I guess 1 or 2tb should do for now. 

Edit: Actually actually this 4TB is tempting, anyone had one of these:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Seagate-STGD4000400-Portable-External-PlayStation/dp/B076H6TZ7L/ref=sr_1_14?dchild=1&keywords=Seagate+4TB+HDD&qid=1605683999&sr=8-14

I know the scarcity thing is a big issue at the moment but someone I know at Sony told me that consoles aren’t going to be readily available until at least mid next year. 

It might be worth grabbing one off StockX before the penny drops and supply totally dries up with the resellers. 

very grateful mines shipped too. 

1 hour ago, Minion said:

Does anyone have any recommendations for a decent external drive for hosting all the great PS4 content? I guess 1 or 2tb should do for now. 

Edit: Actually actually this 4TB is tempting, anyone had one of these:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Seagate-STGD4000400-Portable-External-PlayStation/dp/B076H6TZ7L/ref=sr_1_14?dchild=1&keywords=Seagate+4TB+HDD&qid=1605683999&sr=8-14

I use the Xbox branded one of those on my PS4 and it's been great.  Not sure why they sell Xbox and Playstation versions, really. 

• gospvg changed the title to PlayStation 5 - See OP for link to Ultimate FAQ
  • Eighthours changed the title to PlayStation 5 - Next gen is here!