PlayStation 5 - Next gen is here!

6 minutes ago, Mr Ben said:

Yeah, I dunno about any others, so its shit or bust for me. I have a nasty feeling I wont be getting a PS5 until after Xmas.

Same.

Most of these websites shit the bed when I try to order, or they actually end up selling out before the time they specified they be on sale.

I'd also be surprised if Curry's can cancel all existing pre-orders and get them back up within a day...

Yeah, I'm not holding out hope for Curry's. Amazon or bust it is I think. Game queue is now at around 20 minutes. Now they've all sold out :rolleyes:

UK online retail is terrible. Clearly wont spend the money to upgrade their infrastructure.

6 minutes ago, teddymeow said:

Still only one active download at a time. Urgh!!

assuming its a queue then that is best isn't it? sharing bandwidth between multiple downloads will just make everything download slower.

I also assume if you have something big downloading you queue up smaller stuff and then tell it to push them to the top of the queue.

Ahhhhh all assuming you are maxing your connection I guess.

6 minutes ago, teddymeow said:

Still only one active download at a time. Urgh!!

Given the install base guess multiple connections for downloads from multiple devices might cause PSN to grind a bit. It's slow enough at the best of times.

1 minute ago, rafaqat said:

After convincing myself I'd have to wait till after xmas for a PS5.  I'm now sat waiting to see if I can jump on an amazon order.   Will power.   Love it.

I'd happily sit this out if there was any prospect of grabbing one in time for unboxing on December 25th, but from all the chatter that's sounding unlikely.

1 minute ago, MattyP said:

Given the install base guess multiple connections for downloads from multiple devices might cause PSN to grind a bit. It's slow enough at the best of times.

as long as it is maxing the connection speed then its not a problem I don't think.

1 minute ago, Clipper said:

as long as it is maxing the connection speed then its not a problem I don't think.

True. The bandwidth per connection will be throttled at the server end anyhow.... Agree about queuing BTW. Much better to have one thing downloaded quicker than have everything taking forever. At least you get to play something sooner...

5 minutes ago, SnoopZakaDaVe said:

Just seen this on a ps5 Facebook group. Amazing

Screenshot_20201119-104334_Facebook.jpg

To be fair, you could easily overlook the screw hol... wait, Siri, zoom and enhance:

0B8F8EC5-4876-4195-9F47-FD38A3D2DDBB.jpeg.37f59be0b79199c9b4b3288ead19c312.jpeg

They just left the prongs sticking out the side?

Edit - The PS logo would have to be upside down too. How many signals did they miss?

4 minutes ago, Alex W. said:

To be fair, you could easily overlook the screw hol... wait, Siri, zoom and enhance:

0B8F8EC5-4876-4195-9F47-FD38A3D2DDBB.jpeg.37f59be0b79199c9b4b3288ead19c312.jpeg

They just left the prongs sticking out the side?

Edit - The PS logo would have to be upside down too. How many signals did they miss?

You really underestimate how stupid some people are.