PlayStation 5 - Next gen is here!

1 minute ago, Lorfarius said:

Link

Ah, maybe that's what happened to my Spidey and Demon's Souls installs.

Full power-down it is then.

I did rewire the whole set-up in the end. PS5 and Xbox Series S directly into the TV. Colours just look a little more "poppy" even though image settings are the same so defo something worth doing.

10 hours ago, Uzi said:

Any other idiot put in their first disc game the wrong way? 

....I didn't! 111

lol just did this! Ejected the disc gave it a wipe and still put it back in the wrong way! :lol:

4 hours ago, Chadruharazzeb said:

My PS5 kindly informs me that my TV doesn't support HDR. This is news to me, I've been using HDR since I bought the set.

:unsure:

I had a similar experience with my Series X - I changed the HDMI port from 2 to 1 and the Xbox stopped complaining. 

The strange thing is, the PS4 is very happy to pump out HDR over HDMI2, even though the Xbox wasn’t. Odd. 

4 hours ago, Moz said:

I F5'd all morning. Every site out there. Finally gave up and took the dog for walk. While the dog was shitting outside the job centre I got a distill.io alert on my watch telling me it was in stock at amazon (I'm refreshing the page every 5 mins). I whipped out my phone and hammered the buy now button but kept getting looped into "removed from basket". Eventually it stuck and I now have an order for tomorrow!

I've still got my Currys cheeky 3am order which has just been honoured/confirmed despite them explicitly telling everyone they would be cancelled (now we know why this morning was such a disaster, they were all sold out by 9AM). And my EE order. Both are on for delivery by the 15th December. So I've got three PS5s on order now. Whoops.

If you’re thinking about selling one, may I register my interest?

I don't trust rest mode with any other feature other than charging my controller so I set custom settings for just that. I also don't trust or need instant resume whilst the OS is still a bit flaky so I'm also making sure to shut games down before turning the machine off. I know they have these features and they should be stable but it seems they may not be at present so I am erring on the side of caution.

Just now, grounded_dreams said:

Not sure if I am I missing something, is there no general Media Player app like the one on the PS4? So I can play video files from a USB stick?

Can't see anything within the settings, UI nor the PS Store. Tried plugging in a stick and nothing appeared or popped up.

Only Spotify comes close at the moment.

17 minutes ago, JPL said:

How’s the DualSense then, for those of you who’ve been using it today? Does it live up to the hype?

It can be tiring on the hands at first but you do get used to it and a lot of fun. The speaker on the controller is a bit pants and the quality does put me off.

3 minutes ago, Lorfarius said:

It can be tiring on the hands at first but you do get used to it and a lot of fun. The speaker on the controller is a bit pants and the quality does put me off.

Is it the same as the tinny one on the DS4?

Controller sounds good though. Can’t wait to give one a go.

• gospvg changed the title to PlayStation 5 - See OP for link to Ultimate FAQ
  • Eighthours changed the title to PlayStation 5 - Next gen is here!