PlayStation 5 - Next gen is here!

Started Miles Morales on Friday night. Really amazed by 60fps RT mode, the game looks stunning and 60fps is really a  welcome addition. I never really clicked with the original Spiderman, I think I've just, read, watched and played Peter Parker's story too many times for it to be engaged by it. Miles however is relatively fresh. It reminds me of the feeling I had playing Crackdown on the 360 all those years ago, that and Infamous 2. 

I decided to set up my PS5 before Christmas and install games and updates. Working fine all afternoon then came up with an error whist downloading Spiderman :Remastered after 25gb.

I have connected via wifi. At first I thought that PSN was down by when I tested the connection it came up with an error.

Switching the PS5 off and on again solved it (so far) but are there any known issues with the wifi on PS5 stopping after a while or could it have just blipped and the PS5 doesn't recover i.e. could it be a software issue?

2 hours ago, AceGrace said:

Switching the PS5 off and on again solved it (so far) but are there any known issues with the wifi on PS5 stopping after a while or could it have just blipped and the PS5 doesn't recover i.e. could it be a software issue?

There have been know issues with downloading from PSN for over a decade.

2 hours ago, AceGrace said:

True, I'm hoping its not a hardware fault which I don't think it is as it recovers after a reboot.

Other than that, all good. Machine is whisper quiet and the drive doesn't really make much noise either.

WiFi isn’t the most reliable thing so I wouldn’t worry too much and there are bound to be a few bugs with a new console.

7 minutes ago, gooner4life said:

How are you making this happen? I've deleted loads of games from my own library and PS Now and never had this.

Its a Sony UI.... the bugs are as random as the hardware quality control ;) 

DF dude had it and complained about it a fair bit on that there Twitter with lots of others saying they had the same so appears to be fairly common.

Has anyone with a loud cd drive tried the official Sony fix yet?

9 minutes ago, gooner4life said:

How are you making this happen? I've deleted loads of games from my own library and PS Now and never had this.

No idea , obviously it’s not meant to happen.

I actually thought they did it on purpose as a kinda “here’s the last thing you deleted just incase you wondered where it went” kinda undo thing.....but then I released a while back Thats of no use because you would have to download it again.

Just another bug isn’t it.

Anyone here on the lookout for any games on the Christmas Sale that starts midnight tonight?

I keep hearing how good GOT is but I worry it's too Assassin's Creed like... I don't think I have it in me for an open world the likes of AC ever again...

Also wanting Crash 4 and maybe some Borderlands 3 action just for those sweet haptics/triggers. 

1 hour ago, SuperCapes said:

Anyone here on the lookout for any games on the Christmas Sale that starts midnight tonight?

I keep hearing how good GOT is but I worry it's too Assassin's Creed like... I don't think I have it in me for an open world the likes of AC ever again...

Also wanting Crash 4 and maybe some Borderlands 3 action just for those sweet haptics/triggers. 

Its midnight tonight, I thought it was midnight tomorrow

2 minutes ago, MikeF said:

The current 'End of Year' sale prices end midnight tomorrow, but the new 'January' sale also starts tomorrow – albeit possibly not at the stroke of midnight – so they should overlap briefly.

11 minutes ago, Harrisown said:

S myths now say January 2021

Just have to wait for the scalpers to give up.

people are still paying £80 for the eu plug version on eBay , they’re just as bad as the scalpers.

The EU plug version was up on Amazon Germany for hours just a couple of weeks ago. I ordered one of them and then used a 2 pin cable with a UK plug with it so I didn't even need an EU to UK plug adapter in the end.

It's fine, does the job. Not worth anything more than what Sony are charging for it though, people are crazy. They're gonna feel very silly when the charging cradle arrives and they realise what they paid nearly 100 pounds for.

1 hour ago, SuperCapes said:

And the multiplayer Legends mode is great.

28 minutes ago, Harrisown said:

S myths now say January 2021

Just have to wait for the scalpers to give up.

people are still paying £80 for the eu plug version on eBay , they’re just as bad as the scalpers.

I've had one on order from Currys since 22nd November, no sign of them getting any stock any time soon.

It's no big deal, might be a nice surprise if it eventually turns up in 2021.

1 hour ago, MikeF said:

Gosh darn it! Why does everyday feel the same!

Based on everyone's response to GOT I guess that is now top of my list! And Crash 4... Game looks mint. I just refuse to pay £55 for it