PlayStation 5 - Next gen is here!

10 minutes ago, Marvin Morris said:

What is the point of a charging dock? What’s wrong with just plugging in the wire?

Fair enough if there’s some other reason but I’ve never seen the need or point in them?

fewer cables (ish) and somewhere to store the controllers.

I know of what I speak.

22 minutes ago, Marvin Morris said:

What is the point of a charging dock? What’s wrong with just plugging in the wire?

Fair enough if there’s some other reason but I’ve never seen the need or point in them?

It lets me put two pads somewhere out of the way, tidy, charging, without taking up two wall sockets with chargers or most of the USB ports, and the additional cables trailing about. It’s very convenient.

11 hours ago, Marvin Morris said:

Is that the 3 inch wire they give you, bit of a nightmare if you need to charge as you play  and you will due to short battery life... then you need a second pad to swap mid session so now you have two pads to charge and the dock means you always have one charged or charging while you use the other!

For the PS4 and now the 5 they are basically essential due to shocking battery life, a cynic would think Sony like a small battery capacity to sell you that second pad and dock...

Wow, the PlayStation store through the PS5 UI is absolutely garbage. Filters fail half the time and it’s just so unbelievably slow.

You’d think they’d put the January sale front and centre but, nope, it’s just one of the many horizontal scrolling sections.

Just now, bobontheway said:

Wow, the PlayStation store through the PS5 UI is absolutely garbage. Filters fail half the time and it’s just so unbelievably slow.

You’d think they’d put the January sale front and centre but, nope, it’s just one of the many horizontal scrolling sections.

Yep, I’ve just endured that. Doesn’t help that the Store often screws up through Safari, so purchasing on my phone or laptop is similarly annoying. 

The sale is pretty decent though - just spent a smidge over £50. Ace Combat (£10) and SW:Squadrons (£21) for VR mayhem. Kentucky Route (c.£11), Sayanara Wild Hearts (c.£6) and Super Star Wars (£4). 

Not sure whether to get the two Ni No Kuni games as they were dirt cheap too. Was going to buy the Lion King/Aladdin games (for my wife - childhood memories) but they’re not discoverable on the PS5 or purchasable through the app.:facepalm:

33 minutes ago, bobontheway said:

The entire store is in shambles at the moment. Seems the update for the January sale wrecked it completely.

16 hours ago, SuperCapes said:

Anyone here on the lookout for any games on the Christmas Sale that starts midnight tonight?

I keep hearing how good GOT is but I worry it's too Assassin's Creed like... I don't think I have it in me for an open world the likes of AC ever again...

Also wanting Crash 4 and maybe some Borderlands 3 action just for those sweet haptics/triggers. 

It's amazing and I've clocked it in just over a week. Not been able to stop playing. It's nothing like AC as its a lot more grounded and closer to control with an over the shoulder view. Weapons and combat are a lot meatier, puts you right into the action whilst AC is more of a running, fighting platformer. There's no platforming in this that even comes close to AC so completely different styles.

Just now, Cyhwuhx said:

I'm sure the absence of filters, categories, etc. in this new Store is all done because data points out that this will drive 'engagement' and 'sales', but so far it's only making me 'mad'.

Yeah it's incredibly annoying. I've started searching stuff online first then wandering back to buy, such a mess.

Just now, Cyhwuhx said:

I'm sure the absence of filters, categories, etc. in this new Store is all done because data points out that this will drive 'engagement' and 'sales', but so far it's only making me 'mad'.

I honestly do feel bad for those smaller game developers that will release games and no one will ever be able to find them.

40 minutes ago, Stopharage said:

The sale is pretty decent though - just spent a smidge over £50. Ace Combat (£10) and SW:Squadrons (£21) for VR mayhem. Kentucky Route (c.£11), Sayonara Wild Hearts (c.£6) and Super Star Wars (£4).

That's a brilliant selection of games, right there. You're in for some great dogfighting with those first two games, I can't praise Sayonara Wild Hearts enough, and there's nothing quite like KRZ. Try to give them all the benefit of your time over the holidays!

13 hours ago, Marvin Morris said:

Charges and doubles up as somewhere neat to put the controllers.

43 minutes ago, Cyhwuhx said:

The entire store is in shambles at the moment. Seems the update for the January sale wrecked it completely.

the website isn't much better either, right now

image.png.90235d879bea35eeda45f8b30beabbc9.png

and

image.png.02cfb16b1fb361ace56b0fb951b6be39.png

and so on and so forth...

4 minutes ago, p1nseeker said:

Why won't my phone charger charge the pad up?

cheap phone charger, same as it ever was: some chargers just charge, others have all data lines connected,

and this is what’s required

had it back in the day with PS4 pads too, with cheap cables vs. OEM (Samsung, Nokia, etc)

cables and chargers

37 minutes ago, jon_cybernet said:

Anyone had their PS5 crash? It’s happened 3 times to me today whilst playing Miles Morales. One time it made a pretty scary noise too. Is my PS5 fucked, or is it just the game? 

If it's just a crash it's unlikely to be a fucked PS5, i haven't had any crashes for a while, did you have any artifacts visually?

10 hours ago, Parappa said:

Anyone still having issues charging things from the front port? Had my headset plugged in over night and USB charging is enabled but doesn't seem to have charged. 

Mine doesn’t charge the pad still.

Had a PS5 for a few weeks now, the UI is terrible. Trying to use the game base during a game freezes almost every time for 10 seconds+ and generally navigation is unintuitive and slower than my PS4 Pro was with an SSD. Had a few hard crashes in games too, GTA Online and Shenmue.

Other than this the console and duelsense are great, but I can't pretend to not be disappointed by the above.

34 minutes ago, Majora said:

There have been a couple of times where I've resumed Demon's Souls from standby after not touching it for several days and it's crashed. 

You should really turn stuff off if your not going to use it for a good length of time, planet stuff and all that.