IGNORED

PlayStation 5 - Next gen is here!

Eighthours

10 hours ago, SeanR said:

saying that, Apple launch 3 version of a phone, what are the sales like of each? 

I don’t know what the latest figures are but iPhone 8 did pretty badly on launch because everyone wanted an X.

Apparently there was a very low key preview PS5 industry event two weeks ago in London. Cant really say how I know (it might have been through my Uncle's neighbours bestfriend) but the people I spoke to were blown away by what they saw. These are not games people, more visual effects people. Hearing that made me feel about ten years old again! 

28 minutes ago, Dirty Harry Potter said:

Apparently there was a very low key preview PS5 industry event two weeks ago in London. Cant really say how I know (it might have been through my Uncle's neighbours bestfriend) but the people I spoke to were blown away by what they saw. These are not games people, more visual effects people. Hearing that made me feel about ten years old again! 

Is this like that poster who saod they could tell the render was fake but couldn't tell us why but would tell a couple of people over PM?

4 minutes ago, rafaqat said:

Is this like that poster who saod they could tell the render was fake but couldn't tell us why but would tell a couple of people over PM?

If DHP says he wont tell you why and then tells a couple of people via PM, then yes, it will be the same. :coffee:

6 minutes ago, rafaqat said:

Sorry mate.   Didn't want to out you.

Makes no odds to me tbh. What I said actually said (as opposed to what people *think* I said) remains as true today as it was then.

22 hours ago, robdood said:

Hahaha no. 

My point is that there wont be another Red2 situation with the Series X and PS5. Not just because of the GPU, but all of the new tech going into the new console designs.

And their 1p should definately be 4K 60, in most cases. I dont expect 3p games to do that, and in cases like Assassins Creed they will obviously not be 4K 60. Or games using RT, and so on.

From Resetera PS5 and Xbox Series speculation |OT12|

Visuals and Performance Mode Examples:
I've created these examples as an rough estimation of what could potentially be done with next generation console hardware, assuming 2x the GPU performance of the Xbox One X or PS4 Pro.

Games may use dynamic resolutions and image reconstruction to obtain frame rate targets.

Console: Xbox Series X

Game: Forza Horizon 4
Mode 1 - 1440p 90-120 fps
Mode 2 - 4K 60 fps

Game: Forza Motorsport 7
Mode 1 - 4K 120 fps

Game: Sea of Thieves
Mode 2 - 4K 60 fps

Console: PlayStation 5

Game: Dreams
Mode 1 - 1440p 60
Mode 2 - 4K 30 fps

Game: Gran Turismo Sport
Mode 2 - 4K 60 fps

Game: Horizon Zero Dawn
Mode 2 - 4K 60 fps

Multiplatform
Console(s): Xbox Series X and PlayStation 5

Game: Red Dead Redemption 2
Mode 1 - 4K 60 fps

Game: Overwatch
Mode 1 - 1440p 120 fps
Mode 2 - 4K 60 fps

Fortnite
Mode 2 - 1440p 90-120 fps
Mode 3 - 4K 30 fps

Game: Sekiro
Mode 1 - 1800p 60 fps

55 minutes ago, Orbital2060 said:

My point is that there wont be another Red2 situation with the Series X and PS5. Not just because of the GPU, but all of the new tech going into the new console designs.

And their 1p should definately be 4K 60, in most cases. I dont expect 3p games to do that, and in cases like Assassins Creed they will obviously not be 4K 60. Or games using RT, and so on.

From Resetera PS5 and Xbox Series speculation |OT12|

What about 1080p? 200+ fps? Quite possible.

I dont get this obsession with a remake of such a recent game as Demons Souls. Its only previous gen .. and should have been BC with enhancements on PS4 and PS5. Not paying for a remake of that. I still have my copy of the game sitting on the shelf.

And a Fromsoft game remade by someone else? Uh no thanks.

Tenchu fits with the time period they have been referring to earlier.

probably due to it being a game that a lot of people missed out on due to the Souls genre not really being a thing back then. Plus you can’t really play it properly these days due to the servers being gone.

Plus it deserves a Bluepoint style remake. Day one.

3 minutes ago, Bojangle said:

probably due to it being a game that a lot of people missed out on due to the Souls genre not really being a thing back then. Plus you can’t really play it properly these days due to the servers being gone.

Plus it deserves a Bluepoint style remake. Day one.

Tenchu is quite different from Demon's Souls. I personally loved the Tenchu games.

16 minutes ago, Orbital2060 said:

I dont get this obsession with a remake of such a recent game as Demons Souls. Its only previous gen .. and should have been BC with enhancements on PS4 and PS5. Not paying for a remake of that. I still have my copy of the game sitting on the shelf.

Most of (all if you count the remake of SOTC as being based on the remaster they did of the original) bluepoints remasters are "only previous gen".

And speaking of remaster vs Remake; SoTC PS3 vs PS4 is a prime example. Remakes are a whole different ball game.

26 minutes ago, PeteBrant said:

Most of (all if you count the remake of SOTC as being based on the remaster they did of the original) bluepoints remasters are "only previous gen".

And speaking of remaster vs Remake; SoTC PS3 vs PS4 is a prime example. Remakes are a whole different ball game.

Yeah but I think they referred to a bunch of games from the PS1/PS2 era in their tweets about this project.

I was foolishly hoping for a remake of Vagrant Story.

1 hour ago, Orbital2060 said:

Many people haven't played it and it's locked away on a last-gen console.