PlayStation 5 - Next gen is here!

18 hours ago, wretcherd said:

So is the consensus that this mode is worth the trade-offs, like pedestrian density and stuff? Have played everything PS5 in 60 up to now.

After the year we’ve had, the streets still look too busy for my liking.

It would seem to be the case from looking online, but I can't back-up either PS4 or PS5 saves to USB, instead being left with the only option of signing up to PS+?!

That sucks. Trying to transfer from one PS5 to another and falling at the first hurdle.

Is there a free trial month I can use to sign up and do this (doesn't look like it)?

EDIT: Guess I could delete all of the game content and then do a back-up and restore on the new console.

9 minutes ago, Reynard said:

It would seem to be the case from looking online, but I can't back-up either PS4 or PS5 saves to USB, instead being left with the only option of signing up to PS+?!

That sucks. Trying to transfer from one PS5 to another and falling at the first hurdle.

Is there a free trial month I can use to sign up and do this (doesn't look like it)?

EDIT: Guess I could delete all of the game content and then do a back-up and restore on the new console.

You can copy PS4 saves to USB on the PS5, I have done it loads of times.  It didn't recognise one of my usb drives but works fine with another

14 minutes ago, MikeF said:

You can copy PS4 saves to USB on the PS5, I have done it loads of times.  It didn't recognise one of my usb drives but works fine with another

So I can, thanks.

Guess I could lose the PS5 saves as I had finished those games anyway.

21 hours ago, Parappa said:

Heard Currys are due to get some next week so hopefully there maybe some about. 

"Demon Souls" and "PS5 Stock Checker Hyper Turbo Upper" are the only 2 games worth playing right now. 

I occasionally check stock but have given up for now getting one before Spring. Maybe by then Sony will already be on their 2nd hardware revision by then.

2 hours ago, wretcherd said:

How come you need to do this anyway?

My partner won one.

Slight catch with the terms means that we have to keep that one, so spent this afternoon transferring everything over and wiping and reboxing the original.

Need to speak to her about what we're doing with the original. I'd obviously prefer to let a forumite have it, but the 175 difference in price (versus CEX) is something for her to consider.

Not my decision, so we'll see! If it goes for sale here, I'd want a local, physical handover, rather than posting.

6 hours ago, dizogg said:

I find it really hard to believe that anyone could give the slightest shit about the beep a console makes when you switch it on.

I don't really, it just shows a lack of attention to detail.

Just started Days Gone. With its 60fps upgrade it feels as next gen, in looks at least, as MM and Demons Souls. 

Jury is still out on the actual game. Looks and feels terrific but man, the sheer amount of game mechanics and tropes. It's got crafting, stealth, driving, recipes, weapon upgrades, vehicle upgrades, reputation system, enemy camps, collectibles, cosmetics. The sheer amount of menus, map icons and missions is dizzying. 

But yeah, looks really nice. 

Anyone had multiple crashes since launch?

ive noticed it doesn’t just crash and boot you out of the game, like the PS4. Instead it crashes and you have to pull the plug on the system. 

3 hours ago, Droo said:

ive noticed it doesn’t just crash and boot you out of the game, like the PS4. Instead it crashes and you have to pull the plug on the system. 

A couple, mostly when playing Spiderman Miles Morales.

3 hours ago, Droo said:

Got mine on launch and not had that. Not used rest mode or an external drive but it has been hammered and left on for up to 12hrs a day most days! I had a crash on Demon’s Souls that gave a database rebuild msg ages back now, but it went straight to the dash just like the PS4 would do. I also had a couple of times where Demon’s Souls refused to load and I had to play another game or restart the console to get it sorted. Weird! Not had any issues since though whilst playing Spider-Man, Assassins Creed Valhalla, Immortals, Dark Souls etc.

One of my mates has had problems with his machine though. It crashed a few times over the course of a week, then he noticed it had started getting little visual glitches, almost like snow (only whilst on the dashboard, never in game).  It then started crashing more frequently when playing and locking up totally when it crashed, which required him to pull the plug to get it to come back on. His machine is now away being fixed by Sony. He’s pretty pissed as Sony had him delete all his stuff off the machine and do a full reset as a last resort and he now can’t get the kids saves back, as he’s the only one with PS+. :/

Not being able to backup a PS5 save to USB is a ridiculous situation. As a minimum Sony should be moving the files between machines or a least allow the space of the PS Plus user to be used to store any save on the machine until USB is enabled.

I've had a hard crash, requiring a reboot, whilst playing Miles Morales. I think there's been a firmware update since then.

A few days ago I got a soft crash while playing TLOU pt2, and got the option to upload debug data and a gameplay clip.

I've also noticed a few times, that after a few hours of streaming something on PSNow, my PS5 will drop all connections to my router, and will require a reboot to reconnect. Any money says that's a bug to do with running out of port handles.

Nice one. Ordered and will now cancel my 8 week old Currys order. 

edit - should have said “attempt to cancel”.

Unlike every other online retailer, you can’t simply cancel. Filled in the form but they have to check it to make sure my criteria are acceptable to them and will let me know if I’m worthy of a refund which will then take 14 days to appear.

I’ve had no feedback since placing my order two months ago so not holding out much hope. 

I’ll never ever buy from them again, they’re useless. No wonder Bezos is so rich, half arsed shopping experiences like this drive business to Amazon.  

Amazon have had the charge docks but all day I’ve been getting alerts because someone is selling one dock at a time for £47.50.

As soon as one sells, a new one goes up for £47.50 and I get yet another alert.

Who are these twats paying that?

Also the PS5 is once again refusing to install a patch. This time for Snowrunner. Only solution is to delete and then redownload a pre patch version.

I’ve just finished miles morales and think I might like to play the original Spider-Man remastered as I never had it on PS4 .

if I buy the upgrade via miles morales do I need to keep the miles morales disc to play or can I sell it on now I’ve completed ?

7 hours ago, Boozy The Clown said:

Ah Shite, just seen a rumour that might mean I of all people have to get a fucking Playstation 5 in the future.

Hide contents

Naughty Dog are making a Punisher game ?

Seems a bit of a long shot given they have a history of original IPs. Mind you I would have said the same at at Insomniac Spiderman rumour a few years ago.