PlayStation 5 - Next gen is here!

37 minutes ago, Hitcher said:

I don't play online on PSN and bought all the good games on the Game Collection digitally on my old PS4 anyway so I might not bother with PS+ after all.

But Destruction All Stars is the free PS+ game in Feb! I'm sure it'll be great! ;)

In all seriousness though, it's probably not worth it in your case then if you're not going to be playing online or have previously redeemed PS+ games you want access to.

1 minute ago, LaveDisco said:

Mines been flawless (so far, touch wood) - bar once or twice my tvs automatic HDMI switching seems to have had problems, and doesn't automatically switch, or only finds the audio and not the image. Until I change HDMI myself. The smallest, of smallest issues - and might be my TV. It also is constantly dropping into and out of game mode on my X - which is actually rather tiring. 

This sounds like an LG issue tbh. :P

Seems Amazon have levelled up their delivery for PS5s to stop some of the shenanigans that drivers were pulling last year. You now need a one time security code to receive your delivery. Only the buyer has that code so the delivery can't be claimed to have been done without it. 

7 minutes ago, Quexex said:

Seems Amazon have levelled up their delivery for PS5s to stop some of the shenanigans that drivers were pulling last year. You now need a one time security code to receive your delivery. Only the buyer has that code so the delivery can't be claimed to have been done without it. 

Good news... Now if they could only alter their processes to allow a pre-order list and service that before putting them out on the market that would cool. Think they have a wish list system. 

I guess all this will be a learning lesson going forward for desirable items perhaps... 

36 minutes ago, Quexex said:

They were already doing this last year, they just weren't consistent about it. I got both a Series X and PS5 delivered on launch from Amazon. They gave me a code for the Xbox and not the PS5.

All I did with the code was say it to the driver, can't recall him doing anything with it. Maybe he then has to enter it somewhere as proof they've given the package to the customer?

8 minutes ago, Majora said:

They were already doing this last year, they just weren't consistent about it. I got both a Series X and PS5 delivered on launch from Amazon. They gave me a code for the Xbox and not the PS5.

All I did with the code was say it to the driver, can't recall him doing anything with it. Maybe he then has to enter it somewhere as proof they've given the package to the customer?

Ah I thought it was a new thing, but I expect it might be because my mate isn't on Amazon Prime.

I've got my PS5 now, nice. 

I've got no games though.

I can download Maneater, which is free on PS+, why can't I do the same with Bugsnax?

I 'got' it via the website when it came out, but it says £17.99 now. 

Was it a timed thing?

19 minutes ago, Spleen said:

I've got my PS5 now, nice. 

I've got no games though.

I can download Maneater, which is free on PS+, why can't I do the same with Bugsnax?

I 'got' it via the website when it came out, but it says £17.99 now. 

Was it a timed thing?

Don't download Maneater!

It is terrible.

Just play Astro's until you sort out some proper games.

2 minutes ago, Mike S said:

Don't download Maneater!

It is terrible.

I tried a bit of Maneater and I agree, it's terrible. Astros it is for now. And Bugsnax...

Just now, Spleen said:

I tried a bit of Maneater and I agree, it's terrible. Astros it is for now. And Bugsnax...

Astro's is lovely and a very fine demo of the controller's potential.

Have fun!

On 20/01/2021 at 09:26, geldra said:

It runs without the disc. I bought mine through MM. 

How much is it? I’ve tried checking the store but it doesn’t show any DLC for MM.

1 hour ago, Mike S said:

Don't download Maneater!

It is terrible.

Maneater is fun as hell. Especially once you start to get big and get powers and shit. I loved it! (it was the 30fps last gen version I played) 

52 minutes ago, Spleen said:

I've got Spider-Man on the PS4 that I haven't really played loads, although... Shinier!

How much?

IMO, you should snap it up - well worth the full RRP, RT60 mode is a joy with little in the way of compromises. Loved every minute of it.