PlayStation 5 - Next gen is here!

1 hour ago, deKay said:

How much is it? I’ve tried checking the store but it doesn’t show any DLC for MM.

It's £20, you have to buy it from Miles Morales' title screen, at the bottom it says press R1 to upgrade to ultimate edition.

54 minutes ago, wretcherd said:

It's £20, you have to buy it from Miles Morales' title screen, at the bottom it says press R1 to upgrade to ultimate edition.

Ta. That would make it cheaper to buy MM and this as DLC rather than the ultimate edition that includes it!

2 hours ago, deKay said:

How much is it? I’ve tried checking the store but it doesn’t show any DLC for MM.

£20. But I expect you need to buy it from within MM.  If you could borrow MM from someone?

edit: what the entire world said before me. 

My PS5 arrived early! All set up and transferring stuff over from the PS4, thanks @Spacehost for the advice. 

It’s lovely, and the Dual Sense is a joy to hold. It feels perfect in the hand. 

Now, how do you invert the camera in Astrobot?!

Mine arrived today, love it. I've hidden it behind the telly though, it is huge. Astrobot is incredible, every console should have a pack in to show off it's features - was the Wii the last console to do this?

Spiderman is great as well - big, brash and dumb, exactly what I want from a launch game. It's absolutely gorgeous too, that certainly helps. I only have MM right now, but I'll be upgrading it before long.

And the pad. I've never really got on with PlayStation pads, the DS4 was OK but other than that I've not liked them. This one though? Pure chef's kiss, even without accounting for the special triggers and rumble.

Can't wait to get home from work tomorrow to dive back in.

5 minutes ago, Popo said:

A system-level invert is actually a brilliant idea, well done Sony. 

I'm sure the OG Xbox or 360 had this at one time so I don't know why Microsoft dropped it.

8 hours ago, Hitcher said:

I'm sure the OG Xbox or 360 had this at one time so I don't know why Microsoft dropped it.

360. It had controller sensitivity settings too. I think the trouble is that developers generally didn't bother to read the console settings and just put in their own ones so you had to open the options menu and check on each game anyway.

Will the same happen on PS5? Probably.

I find having default controller settings on an OS level is nice in theory but essentially useless in practice because I will always check what settings/options a game has when I boot it up for the first time. So, at best, it saves me one click in the settings menu of each game, for the invert Y option. It will never stop me scrolling through all the settings on a new game because Sony can't possibly account for all the options each individual game will have on an OS level so in the end it's just doesn't really make anything more convenient for me.

I got an Amazon email saying I got a 25% discount on a one year PS Plus code for buying a PlayStation product. I assume this is my PS5. Added another year to the stack of discounted subs I've already got going for a very reasonable £37. That's me up until 2024 now I think.

In contrast it's the only thing I bother to change and usually do so after starting on a game. And then it can sometimes be a pain to work out where the setting is on a particular game. So general OS level settings for third person camera is definitely useful for me (if devs use it). 

Started Shadow of the Tomb Raider last night. Bit slow to get going but in performance mode it runs at a silky smooth 60fps and the lighting is incredible. I know it's a PS4 game but still, looks impressive!

For every positive there is a negative:

The store just keeps getting worse! There's a new retro sale started today but there's no tab for it, just the £16 and under offer that's currently running. Want to know what games are in the retro sale? GO check HotUKDeals and then manually search for any you might want on the PS store.

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck!!!!!

11 minutes ago, Spacehost said:

I got an Amazon email saying I got a 25% discount on a one year PS Plus code for buying a PlayStation product. I assume this is my PS5.

Me too! Didn't know that was a promotion.

13 minutes ago, teddymeow said:

For every positive there is a negative:

The store just keeps getting worse! There's a new retro sale started today but there's no tab for it, just the £16 and under offer that's currently running. Want to know what games are in the retro sale? GO check HotUKDeals and then manually search for any you might want on the PS store.

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck!!!!!

I think it's random what actually gets highlighted, right? I'm sure back when last weeks under 200kr (or whatever it is in Brexit Pounds) started there was an icon for it on the store but the few times I looked back later in the week to browse through it I could see absolutely zero mention of there being any sale taking place. Ended up just browsing the store on the mobile app at that point (which also ain't great but it at least has a Deals tab).

Edit - Fuck sake, I bought Resident Evil 2 Deluxe Edition on Sunday and now the RE2+3 pack is in this new one! - Raccoon City Edition £25.99

It's a shambles.

The website is horrendous too. You can't filter, sort or add to wishlist.

In the app you can't do any of that either. You can add to cart and then not checkout, go onto your PS5 and add to wishlist there.

There's now a retro deals tile in the app.

11 hours ago, Keiths_Dad said:

Mine arrived today, love it. I've hidden it behind the telly though, it is huge. Astrobot is incredible, every console should have a pack in to show off it's features - was the Wii the last console to do this?

No kidding, Astrobot is the reason I hope PS5 comes back into stock before Series X does.

I've had this since launch but the only PS5 game I've played was the packin platformer and Miles (which I didn't like). Everything else has been PS4 and just managed to clock Ghosts of Tsushima. Amazing game with some truly stunning scenery but I've now started to plug away at Crash Team Racing, a real struggle with the controls as I they just don't feel right but I'm sure I'll get there. Having X to jump and power slide feels wrong when the shoulder buttons are ingrained from other racers. Doesn't seem like you can edit them more.

Only been a couple of months and I've still piles of PS4 games to get through. Guess I'll start looking at that PS5 catalogue next year :lol:

I can’t get enough of running around in Astrobot, finding the role play scenes and trying to work out what game they’re from. I’ll have to look up the ones I didn’t get, I’m sure there must be loads of games I haven’t played. 

3 hours ago, Alex W. said:

360. It had controller sensitivity settings too. I think the trouble is that developers generally didn't bother to read the console settings and just put in their own ones so you had to open the options menu and check on each game anyway.

Will the same happen on PS5? Probably.

Just to underline this point - I’ve just loaded the RE VIII demo and the camera is not inverted. 

29 minutes ago, teddymeow said:

The website is horrendous too. You can't filter, sort or add to wishlist.

And there's none of the media that used to be there either. You can't watch the trailer, or look at screenshots. Which means you have to go elsewhere to find out about games you've not already heard of. It's such a step back from the old one I can't believe they signed it off. And the old one was bad, but at least it was functional.

I'm loving that I can't buy certain packs (for example, the Resident Evil Triple Pack) on the app as I have bought Resi4 separately but if I go to the website, I can...

If I click the Triple Pack on the website the image doesn't pull through - it's just a blurry square.

Sony done fucked this up!

The oddest thing for me is that it doesn’t display properly in Chrome but works in Safari, which is the exact opposite of most other websites. 

3 minutes ago, K said:

The oddest thing for me is that it doesn’t display properly in Chrome but works in Safari, which is the exact opposite of most other websites. 

Also seems to work in Edge for me! :blah: