PlayStation 5 - Next gen is here!

21 minutes ago, Hitcher said:

No-one has hooked it up to an 8K TV yet!

It’s compatible with 8k tellies but can’t output in 8k yet, it’s going to be in one of the feature updates coming soon, well maybe not soon as they prolly need to get feature complete with ps4 before pointless resolution updates....

Its going to be the next update isn’t it!

Just now, teddymeow said:

Godfall reduced to £30 pretty much everywhere.

Could we be looking at a near future PS+ title?

Maybe, but does anyone really want it? I didn't hear much good about it even from people who bought it.

You want profit, bung it on ebay and deal with all the tossers and arseholes there. If you ‘just’ want to get rid, sell it for what you paid for. Or a bit less. 

Easy.

Now that FOMO has forced me to buy I've finally managed to order one of these, where's the cheapest for a copy of Demon's Souls and PS+?

I haven't really been paying attention to the thread so this has probably been asked but can saves be transferred from a PS4? Or does PS+ manage that? Been a while since I even switched my PS4 on

1 hour ago, Hawklord said:

Now that FOMO has forced me to buy I've finally managed to order one of these, where's the cheapest for a copy of Demon's Souls and PS+?

I haven't really been paying attention to the thread so this has probably been asked but can saves be transferred from a PS4? Or does PS+ manage that? Been a while since I even switched my PS4 on

For Saves - PS+ or USB - Or System Transfer, System transfer is the safest if you don't have PS+ atm. 

34 minutes ago, Quexex said:

For Saves - PS+ or USB - Or System Transfer, System transfer is the safest if you don't have PS+ atm. 

Cheers, PS4 is still hooked up but it looks like I've run out of HDMI ports so the PS5 will be replacing it. Will see if USB works for now.

1 minute ago, Hawklord said:

Cheers, PS4 is still hooked up but it looks like I've run out of HDMI ports so the PS5 will be replacing it. Will see if USB works for now.

OK, that's not something I've personally tried - I used the PS+ method (which worked as it should) however I know other people here have used a USB stick to compy their saves from PS4 to PS5.

27 minutes ago, Hawklord said:

You don't need the PS4 hooked up to HDMI to do the transfer, the PS5 assumes it isn't. Everything is done by doing stuff on the PS5 and pressing the PS4 power button at certain points.

14 hours ago, Tumble Cream said:

Whats the average mark up on this forum, I don't want or use mine, disc version. Seen daft money online like a grand, would probably flog about 650.

I will happily take this at cost! 

On 12/02/2021 at 21:08, Mr. Gerbik said:

As a friendly nuchtere Dutch to another, I seriously recommend looking into the Series X UI before continuing to make this statement. You were right at some point, but now that statement hits like pliers on a pig. 

Last time I checked was at the office, so that was.... Somewhere last year. So I may have missed out on updates. Have they now changed the home screen to show your own content? Because that's the one thing the Xbox does/did horribly and the PS5's now for some reason trying to copy that. Hiding the content you've bought the bloody machine for in some kind of submenu as an afterthought is ff-ing horrible imo. Especially when you then try to replace it with ads and notifications of other stuff.

4 minutes ago, Cyhwuhx said:

Last time I checked was at the office, so that was.... Somewhere last year. So I may have missed out on updates. Have they now changed the home screen to show your own content? Because that's the one thing the Xbox does/did horribly and the PS5's now for some reason trying to copy that. Hiding the content you've bought the bloody machine for in some kind of submenu as an afterthought is ff-ing horrible imo. Especially when you then try to replace it with ads and notifications of other stuff.

The top row of the Xbox dashboard is recently used games and apps. The button to access your full library is literally right underneath that. Beneath that you can set up 'groups' of apps and games (basically just folders)

You can even hide things like the store if you don't want that on the home screen. No more tabs either, just the one screen that scrolls down and you can put anything you want there. So I have a playlist of games I want to play sometime soon at the top, and underneath things like a Yakuza and Hitman section.

I still remember how Sony put an Everybody Sing or whatever the fuck it was called on my PS3 dash with no option to remove. It was always there at the top. So Microsoft allowing you to even remove the store tab is pretty awesome (it's still hidden away in a menu somewhere obviously, but gone from the dash)

Without arguing which dash is better I just want that same level of customizability on the PS5 dash

1 hour ago, Mr. Gerbik said:

You can even hide things like the store if you don't want that on the home screen. No more tabs either, just the one screen that scrolls down and you can put anything you want there. So I have a playlist of games I want to play sometime soon at the top, and underneath things like a Yakuza and Hitman section.

I still remember how Sony put an Everybody Sing or whatever the fuck it was called on my PS3 dash with no option to remove. It was always there at the top. So Microsoft allowing you to even remove the store tab is pretty awesome (it's still hidden away in a menu somewhere obviously, but gone from the dash)

Without arguing which dash is better I just want that same level of customizability on the PS5 dash

I’ll settle just for folders. I don’t know why it’s such a difficult thing for Sony and Nintendo to include on launch of a new console.