PlayStation 5 - Next gen is here!

30 minutes ago, englishbob said:

After playing WRC 9 and Astrobot, I'm wondering what the long term health effects are going to be with haptic feedback on your hands....

I did wonder this and not sure if I’ve mentioned it before, but could they end up getting sued for causing RSI?

6 hours ago, JPL said:

I did wonder this and not sure if I’ve mentioned it before, but could they end up getting sued for causing RSI?

Along with every input device manufacturer all these years? Probably not.

Spoiler

Also, possibly maybe.

There is a new PS Plus  Double Discount sale today. It's unsurprisingly mostly PS4 games (the PS4 DMC5 is discounted, but not the PS5 one) but there's a couple of PS5 ones included:

Mortal Kombat 11 - £16 (loads of expansions also cheap, god knows what's what there)

Borderland 3 - £16.80 (for the base game. There are lots of different editions that look mostly superfluous.)

Dirt 5 - £27.50 (a version with what I assume is a season pass is available for £37)

FIFA21 - £21.60

It’s for some PS5 dark plates, but it still took almost a minute for him to say it. It’s even more annoying on mobile, as I can’t even see the title of the video.

Even with those on, it’s still the ugliest console I’ve ever seen. I hope they give the design of the mid-gen refresh to someone with some taste.

Anyone know how to fix the issue where your library is empty? I can see games are installed when I manage storage, but my game library is completely blank. I can only play the three games on my Home Screen :(

I’ve tried repairing the database.

2 hours ago, Spacehost said:

Do you have an executive summary for those of us allergic to YouTube thumbnails where someone pulls a FACE next to an image of A PRODUCT with THIS SORT OF TITLE??

just assume it is a ten minute video with information that could be summed up in 1 and/or he is getting some free side plates from them? I am guessing as I don't click on his videos.

A quick google turns up this

https://www.theverge.com/2021/2/12/22279685/matte-black-ps5-faceplates-on-sale-dbrand-sue-us-sony

so I guess it is probably that

3 hours ago, Uncle Mike said:

There is a new PS Plus  Double Discount sale today. It's unsurprisingly mostly PS4 games (the PS4 DMC5 is discounted, but not the PS5 one) but there's a couple of PS5 ones included:

Mortal Kombat 11 - £16 (loads of expansions also cheap, god knows what's what there)

Borderland 3 - £16.80 (for the base game. There are lots of different editions that look mostly superfluous.)

Dirt 5 - £27.50 (a version with what I assume is a season pass is available for £37)

FIFA21 - £21.60

I'd say hold off on Dirt 5 - bound to be on PS Plus game month at some point in the future I reckon, its tanked hard I believe

I think its already going onto the Xbox Game Pass thing this month already....

2 hours ago, JPL said:

It’s for some PS5 dark plates, but it still took almost a minute for him to say it. It’s even more annoying on mobile, as I can’t even see the title of the video.

Even with those on, it’s still the ugliest console I’ve ever seen. I hope they give the design of the mid-gen refresh to someone with some taste.

As soon as he pointed out that he is an "influencer" (christ that's a hateful term) I wanted to pour boiling oil into my ears. 

@p1nseeker I think I've sorted out my unreadable disc error. These are the steps:

Booted up error was present - I did not eject disc instead I did this:

I checked for games installed on both drives and had none

Then I realised I have 1 PS4 game on the inernal drive, Sekiro so I noticed the always install PS4 games to external drive was checked. 

I unchecked that option then chose Restart PS5 from power menu, restarted no error, 2 further boots in 24 hours and no error.

Hopefully this helps you I hope so as I've been suffering this since I installed Cyberpunk on the internal drive.

6 minutes ago, Minion said:

@p1nseeker I think I've sorted out my unreadable disc error. These are the steps:

Booted up error was present - I did not eject disc instead I did this:

I checked for games installed on both drives and had none

Then I realised I have 1 PS4 game on the inernal drive, Sekiro so I noticed the always install PS4 games to external drive was checked. 

I unchecked that option then chose Restart PS5 from power menu, restarted no error, 2 further boots in 24 hours and no error.

Hopefully this helps you I hope so as I've been suffering this since I installed Cyberpunk on the internal drive.

That's really interesting, i'll give it a go cheers :D

1 hour ago, Ry said:

Over £50 for a couple bits of plastic. Ha! Fuck right off. 

And people will pay it... :rolleyes: They'll be a "special edition" official black console coming at some point... Or Sony will be releasing official branded side plates... that will be £59 and in short supply... Shame Sony couldn't have made a black version too. Guess they have enough trouble keeping up with the supply of vanilla ones at them moment though....

2 hours ago, deKay said:

Anyone know how to fix the issue where your library is empty? I can see games are installed when I manage storage, but my game library is completely blank. I can only play the three games on my Home Screen :(

I’ve tried repairing the database.

I’ve now tried a factory reset. I installed Outer Worlds from disc, and it’s gone. Not on the Home Screen, not in the library. It’s in Storage in settings, but that’s it.

28 minutes ago, Steve McQueef said:

Spray paint and some masking tape, amirite? 

I've been giving very serious consideration to spraying mine with Plastidip. Something appropriately subtle, like a hot pink or teal would suit it, I think.

42 minutes ago, deKay said:

I’ve now tried a factory reset. I installed Outer Worlds from disc, and it’s gone. Not on the Home Screen, not in the library. It’s in Storage in settings, but that’s it.

OK, so with some tinkering, I have discovered my PS5 is no longer PS4 compatible.

PS4 games install (either by disc or download) but then don’t appear in the library. PS5 games are fine.

Erm.