PlayStation 5 - Next gen is here!

7 minutes ago, deKay said:

OK, so with some tinkering, I have discovered my PS5 is no longer PS4 compatible.

PS4 games install (either by disc or download) but then don’t appear in the library. PS5 games are fine.

Erm.

Have you called Sony?

22 minutes ago, deKay said:

OK, so with some tinkering, I have discovered my PS5 is no longer PS4 compatible.

PS4 games install (either by disc or download) but then don’t appear in the library. PS5 games are fine.

Erm.

You didn't turn on the format filter in the library, did you?

20 hours ago, englishbob said:

Yep, but kids won't

Just means we'll get yet another unskippable warning message to warn fucking idiots not to be fucking idiots.

2 hours ago, Ry said:

Over £50 for a couple bits of plastic. Ha! Fuck right off. 

It's ok there'll be ones that very nearly fit on Wish for a tenth of that by tomorrow.

49 minutes ago, deKay said:

I’ve sent a support request, yes

They suggested setting my PS5 as primary, which it was but set it again, and all the PS4 stuff magically appeared again.

Bizarre.

This has been painless for me. Ps4 external drive went in, load of patches came down. Figured I'd stick on Astrobot for a look before starting Miles Molasses and played Astro to the credits. What a great wee pack in game / controller demo / nostalgia trip.

The UI is so responsive compared the the ps4 and the controller is a weighty beast. Liking the ps5 experience so far.

Just now, gooner4life said:

And untick the PS5 only filter ;)

It wasn't on, and that doesn't hide them from the home screen anyway. Or "stick" following a factory reset.

n00b-ish question...

I bought God of War 2018 & HZD on my US account on my PS4 a while back. I've logged in to the US account on my PS5 and downloaded them then switched back to my UK account as that's the account I used to play them on my PS4 (and my saves are tied to that account) but it says I haven't purchased them? Have I missed something or is that now the case?

Have to say, I'm loving the controller. Not had much time to play stuff tonight due to work but the feedback when you stab something in Demon's Souls is excellent :)

On 16/02/2021 at 11:53, Quexex said:

For Saves - PS+ or USB - Or System Transfer, System transfer is the safest if you don't have PS+ atm. 

Ended up doing the system transfer with the PS4 and worked fine, cheers :) 

1 hour ago, Hawklord said:

I bought God of War 2018 & HZD on my US account on my PS4 a while back. I've logged in to the US account on my PS5 and downloaded them then switched back to my UK account as that's the account I used to play them on my PS4 (and my saves are tied to that account) but it says I haven't purchased them? Have I missed something or is that now the case?

Have you made the US account the primary one?

4 minutes ago, Hitcher said:

Really, you’re making the PS5 the primary PS5 console of the account. You can have as many accounts on the PS5 “primary” as you like, although it’s not called that now, I think it’s called “offline play and game sharing” or something?

Well I managed about an hour on Demon's Souls last night. Stunning stuff. However my arse is out the window this morning as my five year old girl is obsessed with Astro's Playroom. I can see why though. It's very well done and I love the controller. I didn't get a PS4 until the Pro came out. I had an Xbox One then One X and always gravitated towards them. Apart from God of War the Pro sat gathering stoor much of the time. I can still see the Series X being my go to console most of the time but so far I'm very impressed with the PS5. Managed to get my PS4 saves transferred by USB last night so I've got Bloodborne to go back to too. Good times!

9 hours ago, Hitcher said:

9 hours ago, Spacehost said:

Really, you’re making the PS5 the primary PS5 console of the account. You can have as many accounts on the PS5 “primary” as you like, although it’s not called that now, I think it’s called “offline play and game sharing” or something?

Yeah that's the step I missed. It's now console sharing rather than setting as home or primary console

On the US account...

Go to [Settings] > [Users and Accounts] > [Other] > [Console Sharing and Offline Play], and then select [Enable] to activate, or [Disable] to deactivate.

Cheers, all working now :) 

17 hours ago, deKay said:

They suggested setting my PS5 as primary, which it was but set it again, and all the PS4 stuff magically appeared again.

Bizarre.

Sounds like a 'restore licenses' issue to me. Possibly caused by multiple primary PS4 changes in the past. 

11 hours ago, Hawklord said:

n00b-ish question...

Have to say, I'm loving the controller. Not had much time to play stuff tonight due to work but the feedback when you stab something in Demon's Souls is excellent :)

Ended up doing the system transfer with the PS4 and worked fine, cheers :) 

Ah nice, I think this is the best process if you don't have PS+ and an external drive for you PS4 games already. 

26 minutes ago, Quexex said:

Sounds like a 'restore licenses' issue to me. Possibly caused by multiple primary PS4 changes in the past. 

I’ve only ever had one PS4, and why would that affect disc games?

22 minutes ago, deKay said:

I’ve only ever had one PS4, and why would that affect disc games?

Ah farey nuff ... just a weird glitch, because you are special ;) I feel slightly blessed at this point to have had a launch machine with zero issues (other than the. odd software/OS crash). Been using rest mode and an external HDD since day 1 too. Is it all working fine now though?

1 minute ago, Quexex said:

Ah farey nuff ... just a weird glitch, because you are special ;) I feel slightly blessed at this point to have had a launch machine with zero issues (other than the. odd software/OS crash). Been using rest mode and an external HDD since day 1 too. Is it all working fine now though?

Seems to be, yes.

Can anyone recommend a budget friendly 27/28" monitor for the PS5. My son's one finally arrived and he wants to upgrade the cheapo 22" monitor he has to something a bit bigger.

Looking in the PC thread this one caught my eye

https://www.cclonline.com/product/iiyama-g-master-red-eagle-gaming-monitor-27-inch-2560-x-1440-qhd-tn-panel-amd-freesync-144hz-black-gb2760qsu-b1-234707/

But would that be okay or is there a better alternative, only looking to spend a max of £300 so it has to be at the budget end. He also uses it for PC gaming, the whole monitor specs thing is bewildering.

Thanks

4 minutes ago, Mr. O said:

Can anyone recommend a budget friendly 27/28" monitor for the PS5. My son's one finally arrived and he wants to upgrade the cheapo 22" monitor he has to something a bit bigger.

Looking in the PC thread this one caught my eye

https://www.cclonline.com/product/iiyama-g-master-red-eagle-gaming-monitor-27-inch-2560-x-1440-qhd-tn-panel-amd-freesync-144hz-black-gb2760qsu-b1-234707/

But would that be okay or is there a better alternative, only looking to spend a max of £300 so it has to be at the budget end. He also uses it for PC gaming, the whole monitor specs thing is bewildering.

Thanks

FYI the PS5 won't do native 1440p it may upscale 1080 to 1440p though. 

4 minutes ago, Jonny5 said:

What are the big showcase games for this? Is there anything other than Miles Morales?

Demon’s Souls and Astrobot are the main ones.

Then you’ve got the cross gen multi-platform stuff. Control Ultimate Edition seems to be getting a lot of praise and is free on ps+ right now.

For backwards compatibility upgrades, there’s a few but Wipeout Omega Collection, God Of War and Days Gone all look really impressive.