PlayStation 5 - Next gen is here!

1 minute ago, Qazimod said:

To be fair, "It will connect to PS5 with a single cord to simplify setup" still sounds like an improvement over the Cthulhu of cables that users deal with at the moment.

LOL never heard that reference to cables before.

7 minutes ago, Quexex said:

To be clear, whilst he used a PS5 controller in the video it actually refers to any controller with analogue sticks as most of them use the same manufacturer for those components.

I wonder what the acceptable number of hours for a controller to last is? 417 seems really low. I must get thousands of hours out of mine. Have they all changed suppliers since last gen or something?

1 minute ago, JPL said:

I wonder what the acceptable number of hours for a controller to last is? 417 seems really low. I must get thousands of hours out of mine. Have they all changed suppliers since last gen or something?

I don't think so - Same as PS4, Xbox Series X, Xbox One even the Elite controller.

6 minutes ago, JPL said:

It's down to wear on a carbon strip, so it does depend on the intensity of game you are playing and if you have crumbs on your fingers from snacking while you play as these work there way into the potentiometers. Also 417 is estimated based on the manufacturers reported lifespan of the sticks movements via recording data from COD players.

Gran Turismo slipping into next year is perhaps the least surprising announcement ever. It's perhaps reasonable given the world situation, but still - you'd have got pretty crap odds on it happening even without the pandemic. Have they updated anything on the God Of War sequel? I'm expecting that to slip out to 2022 also. I hope Returnal is good, although the price is still a challenge (and for R&C also.)

17 minutes ago, Uncle Mike said:

Gran Turismo slipping into next year is perhaps the least surprising announcement ever. It's perhaps reasonable given the world situation, but still - you'd have got pretty crap odds on it happening even without the pandemic. Have they updated anything on the God Of War sequel? I'm expecting that to slip out to 2022 also. I hope Returnal is good, although the price is still a challenge (and for R&C also.)

Count on Horizon being the big holiday game for this year and GoW 2 to move to next year. Returnal I'm feeling pretty confident about, quality-wise.

On 20/02/2021 at 19:14, Calashnikov said:

Stick with Control until you unlock the ability to pick up and launch enemies at each other. From that moment I was hooked. I grew to fucking love that game despite only playing the first few hours because it was there, I’d heard it was good and it was free. Didn’t warm to it very much at all in those early stages, but oh my shit, did things escalate :D

My only gripe is that by the time I'd leveled up enough to make the various abilities really entertaining, there was like 5 minutes of game left. Nothing like throwing a forklift at someone and watching it explode in their face

I have managed to get one of the PS5 bundles from Game earlier, I couldn’t get the console on its own as it showed as sold out when I added to basket. I got the Spider-Man MM bundle however I already have Spider-Man MM so will end on selling when I receive it but worth it as been looking to get one for a while.

I have a PS5 to sell. Disc version with a controller, stand (I think? Round thing) and leads.

My mate got his replaced under warranty but has since got an Xbox from Smyths cos Sony took ages. He’s also traded in all of his games so no games included.

Whats a suitable price to put in the trading folder? :unsure: The going rate on eBay seems to be about £650 but happy to take less to avoid the stress of eBay scammers. My mates burdened me with the task after I foolishly told him about selling two phones on here recently.

2 minutes ago, disperse and recoagulate said:

I have a PS5 to sell. Disc version with a controller, stand (I think? Round thing) and leads.

My mate got his replaced under warranty but has since got an Xbox from Smyths cos Sony took ages. He’s also traded in all of his games so no games included.

Whats a suitable price to put in the trading folder? :unsure: The going rate on eBay seems to be about £650 but happy to take less to avoid the stress of eBay scammers. My mates burdened me with the task after I foolishly told him about selling two phones on here recently.

It's used so i think RRP+postage is fair, otherwise CEX it or chance ebay or facebook.

1 minute ago, disperse and recoagulate said:

Royal Mail is telling me a 7kg medium parcel is £26.65 so £476.65?

And it's not used, the console is a brand new replacement. The controller is used though.

Controller used and it wont be spanking in the box to get that new console feeling.. it is what it is dude, people on here wont like it if it's over RRP, also DPD will send it cheaper than Royal Mail.

5 hours ago, Uncle Mike said:

GOW2 was never announced, or even close to being announced, for 2021. Late 2022 or March 2023 would be my bet if forced today.

3 minutes ago, gooner4life said:

Controller used and it wont be spanking in the box to get that new console feeling.. it is what it is dude, people on here wont like it if it's over RRP, also DPD will send it cheaper than Royal Mail.

I'm honestly not bothered - it's not going in my pocket. :)

DPD will indeed send it for £7.79, but only if I declare the value as £50, otherwise it's £31.79.

14 minutes ago, footle said:

GOW2 was never announced, or even close to being announced, for 2021. Late 2022 or March 2023 would be my bet if forced today.

It wasn't convincingly announced for 2021, but it was announced for 2021 originally.

38 minutes ago, Uncle Mike said:

It wasn't convincingly announced for 2021, but it was announced for 2021 originally.

I apologise. That is amazing. And there’s no hope in hell.

4 minutes ago, Jonny5 said:

Hang on, wasn’t GT6 a PS3 game? Did they really not do a main line GT game on PS4?

They didn’t but GT Sport was/is brilliant and very well supported with free content. Anyone with a PS5 who hasn’t played GT Sport before should definitely pick it up, it’s often in a sale and offers a lot of content for your money now. I think I might go back to that while I wait on GT7.

16 hours ago, Uncle Mike said:

Hasn't whatshisface always banged on about how they make the car models in super high detail or something, supposedly to cut down on development time when new hardware comes along as they already have suitable assets? That never seems to actually happen though. 

3 hours ago, SteveH said:

Hasn't whatshisface always banged on about how they make the car models in super high detail or something, supposedly to cut down on development time when new hardware comes along as they already have suitable assets? That never seems to actually happen though. 

They have levelled up the production pipeline significantly over the last few years with both audio recordings on dynos and full on laser scanning of the cars, they have made significant strides in this area. But it still takes many artist months to get that data into a usable game model.