PlayStation 5 - Next gen is here!

11 hours ago, scoobysi said:

They didn’t but GT Sport was/is brilliant and very well supported with free content. Anyone with a PS5 who hasn’t played GT Sport before should definitely pick it up, it’s often in a sale and offers a lot of content for your money now. I think I might go back to that while I wait on GT7.

Is there a single player career mode in there? I got the impression it was multiplayer only pretty much.

29 minutes ago, David Kenny said:

Is there a single player career mode in there? I got the impression it was multiplayer only pretty much.

Thankfully they added single player stuff quite a while ago now. 

2 hours ago, David Kenny said:

There’s quite a lot of single player content in terms of learning tracks for medals, challenges/missions, leagues (beginner, expert etc.) but it definitely shines most in multiplayer.

I've still got one spare official charger if anybody is after one? (new still sealed)  Sold one to @StephenMwho can vouch for me (if it has arrived at his yet!) . If you are in Manchester feel free to collect it. Otherwise it was £29.68 altogether to post it with signed for tracking. 

2 minutes ago, SteveH said:

I've still got one spare official charger if anybody is after one? (new still sealed)  Sold one to @StephenMwho can vouch for me (if it has arrived at his yet!) . If you are in Manchester feel free to collect it. Otherwise it was £29.68 altogether to post it with signed for tracking. 

Yes please I would like that.

4 minutes ago, SteveH said:

Not arrived yet but I'm peeping out the window as we speak :-)

I've only got one Xbox controller and two DualSenses, so am using the latter on PC and it's been a bit of a mess. This program seems to completely sort that by just emulating an Xbox controller: https://github.com/Ryochan7/DS4Windows/releases

It's also the only way that I've found to check the battery level on a DualSense on Windows. The controller just dies without warning, so it's very useful.

6 hours ago, SteveH said:

If this is still available if love it. 

A question to those of you who requested a PSVR adapter - how long did it take to be delivered? I got a confirmation email last week to say it was on the way but nothing’s been delivered yet, let alone tracking info. 

1 hour ago, Popo said:

A question to those of you who requested a PSVR adapter - how long did it take to be delivered? I got a confirmation email last week to say it was on the way but nothing’s been delivered yet, let alone tracking info. 

Mine took about a month, and it just come via the post so no tracking info

12 hours ago, Popo said:

Mine took about 3 weeks. But sadly I have problems with my memory and misplaced it :( I contacted Sony and explained the situation and even offered to send them medical evidence of my issues, but they wouldn't budge and just told me I'd have to buy one off eBay. Cost me £20 odd for a replacement :/ 

32 minutes ago, SteveH said:

Mine took about 3 weeks. But sadly I have problems with my memory and misplaced it :( I contacted Sony and explained the situation and even offered to send them medical evidence of my issues, but they wouldn't budge and just told me I'd have to buy one off eBay. Cost me £20 odd for a replacement :/ 

Well now you've got me wondering where the hell I've put mine.

13 hours ago, Popo said:

From memory, 6 to 8 weeks from placing the order on the website. I just arrived one day in a bubble envelop without any notification. It's a small thing so unless you have a minuscule post box it'll fit.

53 minutes ago, rafaqat said:

Well now you've got me wondering where the hell I've put mine.

I really hope you know where it is as there are, as I'm sure you are aware, a lot of pricks out there on eBay charging crazy money for these now. 

On 24/02/2021 at 13:01, Jonny5 said:

Just had a shipping confirmation from Very, so looks like mine will arrive tomorrow rather than the 11th of March like they've said all along. 

Sent with Parcelforce 24 yesterday, but no sign of it today.  :(

3 hours ago, SteveH said:

I really hope you know where it is as there are, as I'm sure you are aware, a lot of pricks out there on eBay charging crazy money for these now. 

There's loads for less than £10 buy it now.

Biggest surprise from the state of play tonight is not having to pay for the PS5 update of Final Fantasy 7 remake... Quite a lot of PS4/PS5 games but Sifu looks like it could be special regardless of the platform. Kena looks like it will make a PS4 cry ... Deathloop looked a lot better than the reveal trailer. Returnal looks interesting, getting a PN03 vibe, maybe it's the suit and the old school aerobatic shooting combat mechanics... Not keen on the over dark art style though. Surprised by no Horizon FW footage. 

17 hours ago, Uncle Mike said:

Yes. Or, if you still have the PS4 when a PS5 turns up, it'll copy everything over your network. Or you can download them to USB and copy them across if you don't keep Plus going.

Ah, I'm quite impressed! Thanks. I think this is the way forward for systems in future (until everything goes cloud-only). 

What's really cool is how effectively this generation they have fixed backwards compatability. You can play pretty much Xbox/PS4 game on the next gen systems. Does anyone know why it was so hard in the past to make consoles backward compatible? I assume its because they are using similar architecture etc this time around to the last gen and in previous consoles the leap has been much greater?

It's such a big selling point for me. I still have a huge back catalogue of games from 'last gen' to play, and plenty of huge games in progress. But I will happily upgrade to a PS5 or whatever if I know I can play all of those games and not only that but just carry on from where I left off. But now with better graphics and performance. We are living in blessed gaming times I tell ya!

I am contemplating resubbing to ps+ even though I won’t be getting a PS5 until they’re back in stock sensibly so I can add the PS+ games to my account using the web store?

You can do that right?