PlayStation 5 - Next gen is here!

1 hour ago, PyramidFace said:

Pay for everything in cash like everyone else in Japan does?

Have a job when most banks aren't open and the ones that are use silly restricted hours these days, even in normal times.

Yeah, they should have a solution if you can't get into the bank to talk to a teller.

Some kind of automated teller.  In machine form.

They could build an Automated ATM Machine.

7 minutes ago, Vemsie said:

This is great, but every time someone posts in this thread with news about updates to PS4 games, I can’t help but say the thread title in my head, in a really ironic tone of voice. :D

Obviously still waiting for the LoU 2 update news. But that doesn’t count - LoU 2 was next gen before next gen was released. ;)

9 minutes ago, footle said:

Fairly straightforward Amazon drop this morning. Now, what game...

Pulse 3D headsets also in stock at Amazon. That’s me complete now. Console few weeks ago, dock last week, headset today. Got there in the end.

Unless you hate From Softwares type of games then Demons Souls is a remarkably good looking game. It and Miles Morales are the only two games I’ve played that scream next gen. 

8 minutes ago, vezna said:

Pulse 3D headsets also in stock at Amazon. That’s me complete now. Console few weeks ago, dock last week, headset today. Got there in the end.

Unless you hate From Softwares type of games then Demons Souls is a remarkably good looking game. It and Miles Morales are the only two games I’ve played that scream next gen. 

I mildly dislike From Software, but will give it a go. I’m less interested in Miles, or really anything much till horizon 2/PSVR2 outside of the astrobot packin.

16 hours ago, teddymeow said:

I wonder if Rift Apart will have a 60fps option too?

It does. Insomniac already confirmed this.

Speaking of Insomniac, these guys put in some work, don't they? They released Miles Morales and Spider-Man Remastered, this R&C update will be out soon and Rift Apart should launch in June. All of this during a pandemic too. At this rate, I wouldn't even be surprised if Spider-Man 2 launches next year.

2 hours ago, footle said:

I mildly dislike From Software, but will give it a go. I’m less interested in Miles, or really anything much till horizon 2/PSVR2 outside of the astrobot packin.

Astrobot, Demon's, Sackboy, and WRC 9 are what you need. All are immense fun and, as a PS5 bonus, three of them also make clever use of the controller. 

Miles is just overpriced DLC so you are right to not be fussed about that. 

On 27/03/2021 at 04:38, Darwock said:

Foreigners can’t get approval for credit cards in Japan. Load of balls.

There’s usually a way. Often you’ll be told something can't be done but it’s perfectly possible, especially if you can prove residency and have a Japanese speaker with you.

I got a credit card over there, and store cards, and briefly unemployment benefit, on a work visa. Despite being told initially these things weren’t possible. 

11 minutes ago, Vemsie said:

I think it's a bit unfair to call Miles overpriced DLC. First of all, it's not DLC and secondly it's pretty meaty and clearly made with a lot of love for Miles and the Spider-Man universe. I'd argue it's a better game than the first Spider-Man, due to it having better combat, pacing, stealth and an arguably better protagonist. Also, Insomniac went all-out with the graphical options for the PS5 version, giving you basically every choice possible which I hope more developers will do. 

If I didn’t have a beefy pc for ray tracing I’d certainly buy it...

The ray tracing in Miles Morales is pretty impressive. Even more so when you consider it’s happening without the magic of DLSS. As a first effort for PS5 ray tracing it bodes well for the future. 

Miles Morales is fucking brilliant and, yes, essential if you own a PS5. It’s better than the first game. I wouldn’t ever wanna go back to playing a non-venom powery Spider-Man again. I’d miss the new moves.

The DLC patter sells it well short. 

Miles Morales has a main story that lasts about 5-6 hours, takes place in the exact same city as the first game (and only a third of it at that, albeit given a nice snowy makeover) and has a lot of the same side mission types as the first game. If you do all the boring side missions you might get 15 hours out of it I guess?

It's perfectly decent and has some nice new powers but had they priced it as a £30 expansion pack for the original game no-one would have batted an eyelid.

2 minutes ago, Majora said:

Miles Morales has a main story that lasts about 5-6 hours, takes place in the exact same city as the first game (and only a third of it at that, albeit given a nice snowy makeover) and has a lot of the same side mission types as the first game. If you do all the boring side missions you might get 15 hours out of it I guess?

It's perfectly decent and has some nice new powers but had they priced it as a £30 expansion pack for the original game no-one would have batted an eyelid.

It's still the best game I've played in the last 3 years.