PlayStation 5 - Next gen is here!

49 minutes ago, footle said:

This OS is just dire (brought to you by “rubbish cloud game save syncing, have they really not fixed this yet?”)

What’s up with cloud saves? Even PS4 saves upload now when it’s not your primary console.

On 02/04/2021 at 03:09, Timmo said:

Have you tried cleaning your hands?

Lol, nice

A friend came over on Tuesday to eat food and play Spidermang and now my X button sticks a little bit. It's annoying. I have a second controller so I can still play without inconvenience, but should I open the thing up and clean it or what

1 hour ago, scoobysi said:

What’s up with cloud saves? Even PS4 saves upload now when it’s not your primary console.

They don’t automatically sync *back* just because you’re signed into a valid Ps Plus account; you have to manually turn things on to do it. Install a PS4 game? Go and find your save...

it’s amazing how many little things in the UI are behind Nintendo, let alone Microsoft who’ll sync saves between multiple consoles, multiple PCs, etc without a subscription.

My nephew got Avengers today, so I thought I'd put the disc in my PS5 and try the game. When that disc drive spins up ... Lol, super fucking loud.

Thing is, I remember trying a 4k UHD and don't remember it being that loud. When Avengers does what I can only assume is a disc check, it sounds like the thing is readying for lift off. This is the first disc game I've tried since having the machine.

Also, I'm still getting crashes. Weirdly, Destiny 2 is able to telegraph them. Sometimes Destiny will stop loading in new stuff, so I can still run around, but I can't go into menus. This lasts about thirty seconds before a hard freeze and reset. Think I'm gonna have to send it back to Sony.

Thought I would try Ratchet and Clank and whilst it looks good and smooth there's no brightness setting. Seems a bit of a strange omission to not be able to change the gamma setting as it seems overly dark on my CX.

1 hour ago, sofasurfer said:

Thought I would try Ratchet and Clank and whilst it looks good and smooth there's no brightness setting. Seems a bit of a strange omission to not be able to change the gamma setting as it seems overly dark on my CX.

Set colour output on the PS5 to full (not limited) and set the black level on your CX to Auto.

That may fix it, I'm yet to give the game a go on PS5 myself.

4 minutes ago, Thor said:

Set colour output on the PS5 to full (not limited) and set the black level on your CX to Auto.

That may fix it, I'm yet to give the game a go on PS5 myself.

Thanks for that, will give it a go. I played some more earlier and the opening night time sections are too dark but I got to a daytime level and it looks superb. 

Got my first PS5 crashes this weekend. Fenyx Rising - after about 5 hours play it decided to crash every time there’s a cut scene, even on the title screen. Turns out an update a couple of weeks ago caused it if you’re playing in Quality mode. So I’m playing in PS4-o-vision now until they fix it :(

Will any standard USB hub work with the PS5? Anybody using one successfully and care to link the one they have?

I’ve finally gotten around to setting up the PSVR, and am having to use the unsightly USB port on the front. That just will not do. 

13 minutes ago, catinthehat said:

Will any standard USB hub work with the PS5? Anybody using one successfully and care to link the one they have?

I’ve finally gotten around to setting up the PSVR, and am having to use the unsightly USB port on the front. That just will not do. 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07L32B9C2/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_glc_fabc_7ENRMHQPPNHV5Y7GJ3H0?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

This is the one that was recommended on here which I purchased. Works fine plugged in the back of the PS5.

The Pedestrian is in the Spring sale at ~30% off, so for £10. From my quick go, it's engaging, nice and smooth and relaxed and looks like it's going to give a good puzzle experience. It's a PS4/PS5 cross-buy, so no obvious upgrade issues incoming, and it has a nice haptic footstep in the pad. Recommend.

EDIT: The Playstation Store is a useless abomination, so here's the official trailer video: 

21 minutes ago, Uncle Mike said:

The Pedestrian is in the Spring sale at ~30% off, so for £10. From my quick go, it's engaging, nice and smooth and relaxed and looks like it's going to give a good puzzle experience. It's a PS4/PS5 cross-buy, so no obvious upgrade issues incoming, and it has a nice haptic footstep in the pad. Recommend.

Don't you just wish you could click that link, go to the website and look at some trailers and gameplay videos and things?  How cool would that be.  Like living in the FUTURE.

31 minutes ago, gooner4life said:

Avengers is on PS Now, only the PS4 version but it looks pretty incredible to be honest, really enjoying the story so far.

What are the loading times like? 

On 04/04/2021 at 00:25, Thor said:

My nephew got Avengers today, so I thought I'd put the disc in my PS5 and try the game. When that disc drive spins up ... Lol, super fucking loud.

Thing is, I remember trying a 4k UHD and don't remember it being that loud. When Avengers does what I can only assume is a disc check, it sounds like the thing is readying for lift off. This is the first disc game I've tried since having the machine.

Also, I'm still getting crashes. Weirdly, Destiny 2 is able to telegraph them. Sometimes Destiny will stop loading in new stuff, so I can still run around, but I can't go into menus. This lasts about thirty seconds before a hard freeze and reset. Think I'm gonna have to send it back to Sony.

Bit the bullet and called Sony. My PS5 is now on its way back to Sony. 

3 hours ago, Thor said:

Bit the bullet and called Sony. My PS5 is now on its way back to Sony. 

I think the first issue is you just forgetting what a disc drive sounds like. Obviously reading a blu ray it would t be spinning so fast as trying to read data for a game at max speed.

Anyway...my cloud saves constantly fail to upload and I I end up with red icons on my notification section which I have to delete manually. 17 in the list so far.

Its the same issue as on PS4 way back when. Any fix for ps5?

23 hours ago, gooner4life said:

Avengers is on PS Now, only the PS4 version but it looks pretty incredible to be honest, really enjoying the story so far.

It had an update today for me and will no longer start. Kept crashing out at the loading of the campaign. Restarted the ps5 and it just wont boot. Now trying a delete and reinstall. 

Shame, as I'm enjoying it. Just wont be enjoying it tonight. 

2 hours ago, Harrisown said:

I think the first issue is you just forgetting what a disc drive sounds like. Obviously reading a blu ray it would t be spinning so fast as trying to read data for a game at max speed.

Anyway...my cloud saves constantly fail to upload and I I end up with red icons on my notification section which I have to delete manually. 17 in the list so far.

Its the same issue as on PS4 way back when. Any fix for ps5?

Have you checked what the error is?