PlayStation 5 - Next gen is here!

27 minutes ago, gooner4life said:

Have you checked what the error is? 

I will exceed the maximum number of saved data items I can store in cloud storage.

...but I look and I’m using 15 gigs of 100

19 minutes ago, Harrisown said:

I will exceed the maximum number of saved data items I can store in cloud storage.

...but I look and I’m using 15 gigs of 100

There is a maximum of 1000 saves for the cloud.

2 minutes ago, p1nseeker said:

Some games have multiple save files and settings files etc. Do they all count towards the 1000?

Yeah it's 1000 files in total, they will have to increase it at some point.

Unbelievable.

obviously I don’t have 1000 games. The list is really short in all honesty but 1000 soon gets eaten up.

I feel like they should make us pay more for plus if they can’t provide a proper service at the current price point.

Sony need a massive rethink about the whole thing. 

Same for me, however a quick caveat was pretty much my only issue thus far was on launch day I did it and right at the end of the transfer it failed and I had to system reset the PS5 right back to factory settings again and start again. Worked perfectly second time though when I did it in smaller chunks as my initial transfer was pretty much a full PS4 drive of games and saves.

Another day, another UI/UX fuck-up.

This time around, Sony has modified your Library page on the website. It used to be that when you clicked "Download from library" in the Store you'd be dumped into your entire Library on one page, which was confusing, but one CTRL+F away from finding the game you wanted to download.

Now, they've paginated the Library and you are unceremoniously dumped onto the first page, without any means of searching further, meaning you'll have to manually scour the pages one by one to find the game you wanted to download in whatever arcane sorting algorithm Sony is currently employing.

afbeelding.png.02fe43b0bada5d4a51e998629ce6ff11.png

*Ridge Racer Vita DLC item fears intensify*

Dear lord. Really. I'm not sure what they are thinking at the web design studio of Sony, but they. Keep. Making. It. Worse.

Really interesting article. Naughty Dog working on a The Last of Us remake (literally nobody asked for this) Sony Bend being denied the opportunity to do a Days Gone 2 and very nearly turned into a support studio. More confirmation Sony isn't really interested in smaller games anymore. The writing has been on the wall for a while now that they're a very blockbuster focussed first party these days and this seems to further confirm that.

Fuck me was Jim Ryan trained by Don Mattrick or something :lol:

The Last of Us Remastered has had so many QOL patches over the last 7 years it is probably the last game on planet earth that needs a remake

On 08/04/2021 at 00:03, Harrisown said:

I feel like they should make us pay more for plus if they can’t provide a proper service at the current price point.

Or they could just not suck so hard on this front.  Their whole cloud thing is just absolutely weird with odd decisions leaving a shitty experience for the players.

49 minutes ago, Shevchenko said:
Who asked for TLOU remake? 

No one asked for it but it'll sell like hotcakes for some reason.

Thing is though, the focus on big hitters has worked amazingly well for them last gen.  Any deficiencies elsewhere were overshadowed by having AAA games every year.  Why is it a problem on PS5?   It's a strategy that has got them the market lead by a country mile.

3 minutes ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

There’s no gameplay improvements in TLOU2 from the original, so I don’t understand what a remake would bring?

There is though. You have things in two that you can't do in the first, like jump, dodge and go prone. Makes the combat a lot more dynamic.

Not that I need a remake, but perhaps they're betting on the HBO series hitting big.

2 minutes ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

There’s no gameplay improvements in TLOU2 from the original, so I don’t understand what a remake would bring?

The only logical explanation would be that it lines up with the TV series release. But I am hoping the TV series is just a whole new take on the story. 

I feel like the framing for that article doesn't really match the content. Like, the actual meat of it is:

1. Part of a support studios wants to establish itself by remaking The Last of Us, apparently on a new engine. Not happy with the project's progress Sony brought in Naughty Dog staff to work on it, so due to feeling a loss of ownership of the project staff from the original team left.
  2. Bend's pitch for a sequel to the much maligned – if ultimately profitable, and a good game in my opinion  – Days Gone was denied. They were assisting with a new Uncharted but were unhappy with that and are now on a new IP.

And somehow from this my takeaway is supposed to be that Sony is stifling creativity of smaller teams. No offence to those at San Diego, as I'm sure they felt underfunded and were probably doing good work, but establishing a new studio for remakes of games that aren't even that old doesn't exactly inspire me.

Really weird article - from the title I was expecting something a lot more spicy than a support team having their dreams dashed of finally getting free reign to create an original concept like...A remake of The Last of Us?

As for the Days Gone stuff, it looks like the Bend team suffered from the weirdly aggressive coverage it got from the games media. Remember that game was pretty consistently trashed from the moment of reveal all the way through to its reviews - it’s initial sales were OK but it only really seems to have found its audience in the past year, especially with the PS5 patch. 

59 minutes ago, rafaqat said:

Thing is though, the focus on big hitters has worked amazingly well for them last gen.  Any deficiencies elsewhere were overshadowed by having AAA games every year.  Why is it a problem on PS5?   It's a strategy that has got them the market lead by a country mile.

I really like their current approach to be honest. They pump out the big hitters at 1 or 2 a year and third parties provide the rest.

I’m hoping MS start to produce some proper AAA stuff as well, now they’ve got all those studios.

I like most of the big hitters and Sony is clearly very good at making those, but I hope they keep funding the Dreams and Returnals of this world as well, as new and more risky IP makes your line-up a lot more interesting and varied.