PlayStation 5 - Next gen is here!

Eighthours

Just now, BabelRich said:

So I’m still getting the issue where One-Touch Play works both ways which is annoying as it’s great to turn on the TV automatically when turning on the PS5 but bloody stupid to do it the other way around. 

Am I missing something?

Does your TV have settings for it? Mine is set to one-way in the options and it works for on and not for off.

3 minutes ago, BabelRich said:

So I’m still getting the issue where One-Touch Play works both ways which is annoying as it’s great to turn on the TV automatically when turning on the PS5 but bloody stupid to do it the other way around. 

Am I missing something?

image.jpg

same here. I’ve tried every combination of settings and it doesn’t work. I recommend turning it all off and saving your sanity.

4 minutes ago, wretcherd said:

Does your TV have settings for it? Mine is set to one-way in the options and it works for on and not for off.

Can’t immediately see any settings on the TV for it sadly. 

3 minutes ago, Beezer said:

same here. I’ve tried every combination of settings and it doesn’t work. I recommend turning it all off and saving your sanity.

Yup. I think this is the way forward for now. 

30 minutes ago, BabelRich said:

Am I missing something?

I've got the same thing on my C9. It doesn't completely solve all the issues, but you can avoid the TV turning on the PS5 if you turn it on via one of the streaming buttons on the remote rather than the power button,.

28 minutes ago, Harrisown said:

Mine turns on the tv when I turn the

playstation on, puts the console in rest if I turn the tv off, switches back to TV when I turn off the console.

Is this the desired outcome?

Mine also switches on the PS5 when I turn on the tele. This is less than desirable. 

On 16/04/2021 at 13:01, Harrisown said:

I am (no problems)

Also it’s a passport western digital drive that requires no power other than what it gets from USB.

Im pretty sure it’s. 4tb USB 3.0 mechanical drive.....

Same here for me - no issues, rear port, 4TB WD.

Quick question regarding save files, which I can't seem to find a clear answer for online.

So I purchased the physical version of Horizon Zero Dawn when it launched on PS4 (didn't get the additional DLC).

I now have a PS5 and downloaded my save file via the PS+ cloud.

Now that Horizon Zero Dawn Complete Edition is coming out as part of Play at Home next week digitally, I can't see if my old PS4 save will work. From what I can see physical to digital saves do work but they need to be the same region and version. It will be the same region but as this Play at Home version is the Complete Edition of the game (which includes all the DLC), I can't work out if the save will be compatible.

Anyone know if the save will work at all? Or had any experience with this type of scenario with other games?

2 hours ago, grounded_dreams said:

Quick question regarding save files, which I can't seem to find a clear answer for online.

So I purchased the physical version of Horizon Zero Dawn when it launched on PS4 (didn't get the additional DLC).

I now have a PS5 and downloaded my save file via the PS+ cloud.

Now that Horizon Zero Dawn Complete Edition is coming out as part of Play at Home next week digitally, I can't see if my old PS4 save will work. From what I can see physical to digital saves do work but they need to be the same region and version. It will be the same region but as this Play at Home version is the Complete Edition of the game (which includes all the DLC), I can't work out if the save will be compatible.

Anyone know if the save will work at all? Or had any experience with this type of scenario with other games?

For me it didn't when I got the digital CE last year. I have no idea any more which physical version I had though.

2 hours ago, scoobysi said:

I’m hopeful but then I think they’d probably have announced it :(.

You would think that, but they barely gave any notice for the GoW or Ratchet updates. And the update for the latter came out a couple of months after the game was being given away for free, as Horizon is now.

I know that the PC version initially had some graphical issues at higher framerates, so it's possible unlocking things on the PS4 version would have similar issues without a more extensive patch.

If they are working on an update it would be good to know, even if they can't put a date on it. Likewise if they don't intend to work on one. Although given they'll probably receive death threats either way, I guess I can see the appeal of the reticent approach.

39 minutes ago, Eighthours said:

It seems really weird that they wouldn't do this.

Not really. The pc port was shit on account of how many things in the engine were done for the 30fps cap. There were a lot of graphical issues. At launch for example the hair animated at 30fps. It looked broken. They have had to do a bunch of work on PC to get it working sort of ok. I doubt this is something they can do easily in a console patch. 

16 hours ago, Eighthours said:

It seems really weird that they wouldn't do this.

It's a surprising amount of work sometimes, the problem is as Oz implies if you develop a game knowing it'll be locked to 30 you might sync other things graphic or non graphic to that schedule.

A classic early example is Geoff Crammonds F1 games who synced literally everything to the frame rate, including the physics and the progression of real time.

2 hours ago, Dudley said:

It's a surprising amount of work sometimes, the problem is as Oz implies if you develop a game knowing it'll be locked to 30 you might sync other things graphic or non graphic to that schedule.

A classic early example is Geoff Crammonds F1 games who synced literally everything to the frame rate, including the physics and the progression of real time.

This is why I can't understand why Series X brute-forcing old games to 60fps is necessarily such a good idea. 

16 minutes ago, Chadruharazzeb said:

This is why I can't understand why Series X brute-forcing old games to 60fps is necessarily such a good idea. 

Because it’s only unlocked on games that have been tested.

I know it's not really the right place to post it but it'll likely be gone rather soon so thought I'd let everyone know about it on here. A decent enough (going by the reviews that is) set of gaming headphones here for £13.99 (there's an £8 discount code for you to select before popping them in your basket and then a further 30% off using 85L3ELW4 at the checkout)

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07HKGH683?th=1