PlayStation 5 - Next gen is here!

Eighthours

Just now, MattyP said:

Just looked at the prices on a random eBay search... 😮 Didn't realise they had increased so much in value. Shocking. They aren't even that great... wonder what the fuss is about?... Like mine because its just a thing I pick up and play with now and again.

You probably proved the reason with your comment, it's still fun to play all these years later :D

3 minutes ago, Lorfarius said:

You probably proved the reason with your comment, it's still fun to play all these years later :D

You'd think Nintendo would have re-released the series again. Odd. Not like them to miss a trick like this! I know they did the Mario one for the 30th Anniversary.. however surely there would be some demand for the older ones too?!

Anyway clogging this thread up... Sorry all. 

PS5 is awesome BTW. :) Just finishing off Astro and don't want it to end. :( Such a feel good game. Keeps making me smile all the time with the fantastic details all the time. It does borrow a lot from Mario I can only imagine what Nintendo would achieve with a DS controller. :) 

2 hours ago, SpagMasterSwift said:

Thought it’d be bigger tbh...

Reveal hidden contents

That’s what she said...

B077AFDF-AFBC-4157-B67D-2A25630CBDE8.thumb.jpeg.62edf3a952d64bb2f87556e45430b99f.jpeg

Complete tangent but that was my daughter's favourite toy when she was little. Once it became clear they were inseperable they weren't made anymore of course, cue a mad dash to hunt down as many backups from eBay and small toystores up and down the country as possible. I've never seen another since. 

3 hours ago, Dudley said:

They don't build for specs that different.  The processor in the PS4 is an utter disaster and was in 2013, it's slower than AMD's own 2008 PC chips in many ways.  The PS5 one is actually pretty good.

As a developer who's spent the past few years working on a PC first physics based, CPU intensive game which we then later had to squeeze onto the last gen consoles, you don't need to remind me how shit the CPU in the Bone and PS4 is. 😰 I imagine in many cases the CPU will be the deciding factor in what does/doesn't get the cross gen treatment. Like you mention, I kinda expect an Horizon 2 style split when it comes to GT7, I certainly hope that's the case so they can really push the PS5 side of the simulation without compromise.

4 hours ago, Dudley said:

I'm not sure I interpret his words as confirming it.

But it's a mistake unless they're entirely separate versions and PS4 GT7 is basically just a glorified GOTY for GT Sport.

I'm more comfortable with the idea that Polyphony were always planning a PS4 version of the game than it being something mandated by someone higher up in Sony. I know Polyphony make serious games but they've always seemed like a studio thats been given a lot of freedom to do their own thing. Its been a successful approach for them and Sony so I'd be surprised if Jim Ryan or Hermen Hulst would tinker with something thats working. 

With all that said I also wouldn't be a bit surprised if the game didn't come put until 2023 and the PS4 version got binned. 

Yeah, so long as the PS4 one is essentially GT Sport GOTY and they don't try and do cross multiplayer or anything then we're fine and if they've been planning it that's likely what'll happen.

3 hours ago, petrolgirls said:

Complete tangent but that was my daughter's favourite toy when she was little. Once it became clear they were inseperable they weren't made anymore of course, cue a mad dash to hunt down as many backups from eBay and small toystores up and down the country as possible. I've never seen another since. 

I’d offer you our Fuddle Wuddle Puppy, but the wife would kill me! She’s happy to trade for a real dog tho...

7 minutes ago, SpagMasterSwift said:

I’d offer you our Fuddle Wuddle Puppy, but the wife would kill me! She’s happy to trade for a real dog tho...

I've googled that and it's subtly different from the one(s) she was given 15 years ago. Seems to be based on the same design though, regardless - heartwarming to see it again. 

On 03/06/2021 at 00:55, Gorf King said:

I don't even know why you're bothering to post considered opinion in here, since your rebuttals are essentially to meme posters and a guy who buys multiple PS5s only to complain that there's nothing to play on them apart from things that cost too much money unlike the cost of the console he bought twice which he hates twice and actually has new games but they're not on game pass why did I buy this several times again.

I mean, lol every other forum, they really are full of fanboys ain't they? Yet the credibility of critical opinion on this forum = 0. It seems that however much the unconvincingly polite tendentious fanboyism increases, poor disguise aside it somehow becomes even less convincingly based on fact or even genuine belief.

Seriously guys, just give it up. Forum's done. Go and watch some shit on Netlfix, it'll fill the same empty void.

PS Destiny's getting crossplay soon, so since that's the best videogame ever and yes I'll provide objective proof  I guess we'll see how that pans out in terms of the true mettle of these milquetoasts. I for one will be welcoming newcomers to Atheon and not having to explain how the game being available on both gens or the choice between PS5 and X-Series doesn't really affect their ability to SPOT WHEN THEY'RE ABOUT TO BE DETAINED, THE CUNTS!

Sorry about that. Just a bit of PTSD creeping in. But yeah, do yourself a favour and stop posting shit please. You all know who you are. Thanks.

Its up there for sure but I’m surprised they are bringing cross play to it this late in the day, you’d think they would do it for the much worse sequel given its current and needs a player number boost…

1 minute ago, catinthehat said:

IDGI?

Is the PS5 version cheaper or something?

There is no PS5 version. There's not much to get other than that it's effectively the GOTY version of a 6 year old game, for an inexplicably ridiculous price. 

7 minutes ago, Timmo said:

There is no PS5 version. There's not much to get other than that it's effectively the GOTY version of a 6 year old game, for an inexplicably ridiculous price. 

I see.

So... why in the PS5 thread, then?

26 minutes ago, bear said:

My digital edition showed up yesterday. Spent a while getting it setup and left it to transfer over what was on my PS4. 

First game I played was Spelunky. Run was going well until I pressed L1 too quickly after getting the hedjet so it didn't get picked up. Boo.

Loaded up Astro and played through the cooling springs area. Its been said before but thats one charming game and a great showcase for the controller.

Animal pic (edited to preserve identities) 

Hide contents

PXL_20210604_103124480.jpg

Your cat's moosive

2 hours ago, bear said:

My digital edition showed up yesterday. Spent a while getting it setup and left it to transfer over what was on my PS4. 

First game I played was Spelunky. Run was going well until I pressed L1 too quickly after getting the hedjet so it didn't get picked up. Boo.

Loaded up Astro and played through the cooling springs area. Its been said before but thats one charming game and a great showcase for the controller.

Animal pic (edited to preserve identities) 

Reveal hidden contents

PXL_20210604_103124480.jpg

The PS5 looks tiny, Sony need to send everybody a cow.

Serious question, even though this probably isn’t the right place to ask, but why do people give abuse like that? Aren’t they taught that that kind of behaviour is not how a normal human being should be acting?

Judging by the spelling and grammar they have not been taught very much at all.

Imagine getting that worked up over a video game the ignorant cretins.

Especially a delay to Ragnarok, which is hardly the end of the World.😉

Spoiler

Disclaimer: I nicked the Ragnarok pun from another forum, but thought it was brilliant so I had to use it.

1 hour ago, JPL said:

Serious question, even though this probably isn’t the right place to ask, but why do people give abuse like that? Aren’t they taught that that kind of behaviour is not how a normal human being should be acting?

Why do people entertain it or take it remotely seriously. It’s disgusting and shocking but we’ve all seen it before, these people are absolutely nothing to anyone. Everyone wants it to stop but it will never stop and everyone needs to realise that.

The only tool people have is to block people or ignore it and realise that’s a part of social media.

I see someone being a cunt on the internet and it’s somehow representative of everyone who has a Sony PlayStation

edit “Führer the players”