IGNORED

PlayStation 5 - Next gen is here!

Eighthours

I am looking at SSD's in the Prime day sale but am holding off on the basis that using the internal drive (when enabled) will allow games to be run off the drive rather than shuffling between the internal and external drive. 

I terms of cost, am I right in thinking something like this is the kind of thing which may go into the internal drive?  in which case the cost is identical to using something like this as an external drive so I may hold off until the whitelist is revealed. 

Edit: realised Sony are asking for a minimum Read/write speed of 5500Mb which rules out that internal drive and would mean using something like this

7 minutes ago, tobert said:

I am looking at SSD's in the Prime day sale but am holding off on the basis that using the internal drive (when enabled) will allow games to be run off the drive rather than shuffling between the internal and external drive. 

I terms of cost, am I right in thinking something like this is the kind of thing which may go into the internal drive?  in which case the cost is identical to using something like this as an external drive so I may hold off until the whitelist is revealed. 

It's the kind of thing, but that's NVME Gen 3 and PS5 requires Gen 4 (and whitelisting) - more along the lines of this https://www.amazon.co.uk/Sabrent-Internal-Maximum-Performance-SB-ROCKET-NVMe4-1TB/dp/B07TLYWMYW/ref=sr_1_3?dchild=1&keywords=gen+4+nvme&qid=1624276125&s=computers&sr=1-3 (do NOT buy this one, it's NOT WHITELISTED - just a pricing example).

The cost will come down, eventually. 

My PS5 was supposed to be delivered today by DPD, but they continue to be actual cunts and despite me being stood outside my flat on the road they still claimed they tried to deliver when they didn't.

:(

It's such impotent rage that you can do nothing about.

I’d be livid, DPD usually have the best tracking and maps “Dan is 2 stops away” etc. I basically have a photo album of my bare feet and shorts from all the Nike deliveries they sent during the Rona. You’d think they’d do a photo of a missed delivery too. 

3 minutes ago, Welrain said:

Anyone had issues with games installing from disc? I’ve got Miles Morales, it gets to 81% and gets stuck with the disc spinning up for a few seconds then stopping.  Tried deleting and reinstalling but same issue.

Not taking the piss but is there a chance your drive is full? It fills up quick…

7 hours ago, Welrain said:

I moved this ps5 to horizontal and it installed first time...*shrug*

Maybe its a PlayStation thing? Didn't you have to turn the original PSX upside down to get things to load?!*

*Think it was when it aged and a plastic part started to fail IIRC

28 minutes ago, Uncle Mike said:

Flash weekend sale in the Store. Returnal, Demon's Souls, Miles Morales Ultimate all £52.49, Miles non-Ultimate £33.49, Sackboy £42.59.

https://store.playstation.com/en-gb/category/16617674-2165-4899-9dbc-d56a68992cef/1

If you have a secondary USA account and done mind going down the gift card route Demons, Returnal etc are all around £30.

If I bought a £50 PlayStation Network card from ShopTo for £43, and paid the £2.49 difference, I could get Returnal for £45.49. That doesn’t seem too bad, without going down the grey digital imports route? Setting up a US account seems like a faff, and I don’t know where to buy the cards anyway. 

9 hours ago, Popo said:

If I bought a £50 PlayStation Network card from ShopTo for £43, and paid the £2.49 difference, I could get Returnal for £45.49. That doesn’t seem too bad, without going down the grey digital imports route? Setting up a US account seems like a faff, and I don’t know where to buy the cards anyway. 

Cdkeys do US credit

On 26/06/2021 at 12:22, Popo said:

Takes about thirty seconds. 

PlayAsia. 

Only just got my PS5 in the last 2 months and catching up on the most recent PS4 titles and of course the new PS5 games. 

Im really enjoying every aspect other the store. It’s dreadful. I don’t recall the old store being like this- at the moment they’ve removed the Just Released section so you need to browse all and sort by release date, at which point not all titles appear.

Is this a common complaint from people or am I missing something/ used to the straightforward but easy to use XBox store?

3 hours ago, BubbleFish said:

Im really enjoying every aspect other the store. It’s dreadful. I don’t recall the old store being like this- at the moment they’ve removed the Just Released section so you need to browse all and sort by release date, at which point not all titles appear.

Is this a common complaint from people or am I missing something/ used to the straightforward but easy to use XBox store?

I can’t remember what the store is like on the PS5 but the PS App has Out Now and Coming Soon sections on the front page.

Sent my controller back last week, and a few days later got an email from Sony to remind me to send it having opened a case. According to the tracking, it has been "in transit" to Sony since Friday.

Glad I bought another controller before sending this off!

5 hours ago, deKay said:

Sent my controller back last week, and a few days later got an email from Sony to remind me to send it having opened a case. According to the tracking, it has been "in transit" to Sony since Friday.

Glad I bought another controller before sending this off!

I had the same when I sent my PS5 back the first time. Don't sweat it.

33 minutes ago, Thor said:

I had the same when I sent my PS5 back the first time. Don't sweat it.

Got an email!

"Just to let you know that your PlayStation has arrived at our repair centre."

lol

I assume the answer is "no", but has anyone seen any more about when with mythical system update is coming that will allow an additional SSD to be added to the PS5?