PlayStation 5 - Next gen is here!

Eighthours

Many PS4 games received free PS5 upgrades, such as No Man's Sky, Days Gone, Final Fantasy VII and XIV (the MMO), Control and more. The general recommendation is to highlight a game, press Options on the DualSense, go to Game Version and check. You'll probably see something like "PS4 demo, PS4 game, PS5 game".

Now, do know that there are updates of the PS4 version (higher fps, higher resolution) and full fledged PS5 version. In case of No Man's Sky, there's a proper PS5 version available so instead of updating the PS4 version you'll download the PS5 version which in turn can lead to having both versions installed.

Control, Last of Us Part 2 and Days Gone have both had PS5 upgrades @Unofficial Who, and Spider-Man was re-released as an ultimate edition with enhancements and all DLC, but can be had included with Miles Morales if you buy that version. Well worth it if you haven’t played it before, it’s one of my favourites from the PS4 era

So here's a question. If I have the PS5 version of a digital PS4 game do I need to keep the PS4 version installed? And what if it's the disc version? I've heard people having issues with the PS4 version just redownloading.

From digital experience, no. Cases in point: No Man's Sky* and Final Fantasy XIV. I had both versions installed and in both cases the deletion of the PS4 version went smoothly.

*Note: PSVR for No Man's Sky is only supported by the PS4 version.

You only ever need one version of the game installed (apart from PSVR functionality as mentioned) but if the original was a PS4 disc then you’ll need the disc in the drive.

2 hours ago, Unofficial Who said:

So here's a question. If I have the PS5 version of a digital PS4 game do I need to keep the PS4 version installed? And what if it's the disc version? I've heard people having issues with the PS4 version just redownloading.

Regarding the disc version. Yakuza Like A Dragon needs the PS4 disc in the console after the upgrade to the PS5 version.

I'd assume the same with other physical games that get a upgrade.

Mortal Kombat XI was odd. I had it on PS4 when it launched and sold it on. Then I bought MKXI Ultimate for PS5 but sold that on too. I can still play the PS5 version though!! 

57 minutes ago, teddymeow said:

Mortal Kombat XI was odd. I had it on PS4 when it launched and sold it on. Then I bought MKXI Ultimate for PS5 but sold that on too. I can still play the PS5 version though!! 

Isn't Mortal Kombat XI one of the ten free PS4 games you get with the PS5 right now? That might be why.

Hmmm, I think I may have developed an allergy to the PS5 pad, specifically the white parts. My hands get sweaty, and then a little sore, red and blotchy. :(

18 hours ago, Thor said:

Hmmm, I think I may have developed an allergy to the PS5 pad, specifically the white parts. My hands get sweaty, and then a little sore, red and blotchy. :(

I’ve noticed the PS5 pad makes my hands sweat. No other controller ever has done this so presumably it’s made out of something different!

1 hour ago, deKay said:

I’ve noticed the PS5 pad makes my hands sweat. No other controller ever has done this so presumably it’s made out of something different!

I think it's maybe something in the paint, maybe a different colour will change that.

3 minutes ago, Thor said:

I think it's maybe something in the paint, maybe a different colour will change that.

Red one does the same for me.

22 hours ago, Thor said:

Funny you say that, been using my PS5 this week and my hands are all blotchy with wee bubbles on them. 

Mad that the PS5 is literally injuring some people. Same with the horrible whining and shit. Mine is silent as an ironed mouse and my hands are still in peak condition. Real shitter if you can't play the thing without sustaining physical damage. 

Grrrr, booted up after not playing it for about a week and it's black screened again!

This is the 3rd time now it's done this and it's bloody annoying having to boot in safe mode to fix it.

That sounds nasty re skin issues, maybe try a silicone skin but it’s a pain to have to buy something else. You could also try reporting it to Sony, maybe there is an issue with a batch of controllers? @Thor did you have same issue with your nephew’s  (I think it was) PS5, maybe try one of his controllers again if not?

I’ve noticed my hands get a bit clammy with a longer gaming session but that’s all.

Just to add to my pad issue, I should point out that this reaction occurred the same day I had my second dose of the pfizer vaccine. Coincidence? Who knows. Maybe it is a side-effect of the vaccine and will wear off, I dunno. What I do know is if I wear gloves when playing, the soreness goes away, and it's only the PS5 pad that is doing it.

On 03/07/2021 at 20:54, Thor said:

Any knee weakness? Heavy arms? Any sort of spaghetti-related problems?

36 minutes ago, Marlew said:

Fuckkkkk 

Whatever Gates put in the vax is causing it to react to the PlayStation 

Next thing you know, Thor's got 3 years of Gamepass Ultimate and he's pissed all over his PS5.

22 minutes ago, Spacehost said:

Any knee weakness? Heavy arms? Any sort of spaghetti-related problems?

I get the feeling this is satire, but I'm not getting the reference...

34 minutes ago, Thor said:

Ha, that's quite amusing; my nephew is obsessed with Eminem, but I never know about the above. 

He wasn't actually diagnosed with Covid, it's lyrics from his song 'Lose Yourself'