Jump to content

PlayStation 5 - Next gen is here!


Eighthours
 Share

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Spacehost said:

Any knee weakness? Heavy arms? Any sort of spaghetti-related problems?

 

All of these but then I did just finish doing Ringfit.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, PeteBrant said:

Really? You’ve never mentioned it before .

Sorry. The black does help a bit, I suppose. I’ll try to be more positive in future.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 04/07/2021 at 19:07, Ry said:

 

Funny you say that, been using my PS5 this week and my hands are all blotchy with wee bubbles on them. 

 

Man, you've just got to stop pissing on everything. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Settled in last night to watch "Time" on the BBC iPlayer via the PS5, as it's the only box now under the TV....bollocks....

 

Queue lots of fannying about with a laptop up to the TV

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I see there is a page on PlayStation site to sign up for their System Software Beta Program (did it for the PS4 previously). Anyone able to apply for it?

When I click on 'Register Now' it just scrolls down to the section on the page about 'The following eligibility conditions and restrictions apply to your participation'. But all the sections about conditions, I meet them fine, tried this on two different browsers and the same issue occurs. I am already signed into the page as well.

Weird.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I've been using a 4 TB external HDD that I brought over from my PS4 Pro. Annoyingly, I'm probably going to have to look at getting something bigger, as the internal storage has probably only got room for one more PS5 game on it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Super Craig said:

I've been using a 4 TB external HDD that I brought over from my PS4 Pro. Annoyingly, I'm probably going to have to look at getting something bigger, as the internal storage has probably only got room for one more PS5 game on it.

Yeah I've filled my 4TB drive with PS4 games! Probably need to delete some of my COD games to make some TB of space.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Broker said:

I won the Currys raffle so my PS5 will be arriving this week. I’m getting Demon’s Souls and I get the free FFVII upgrade because I bought a digital version, what other games are there that I should be looking at? I’ll keep my eye on Returnal, no interest in Ratchet and Clank.


There’s Sackboy, a brilliant underrated couch co-op platforming game, don’t let the previous LBP games put you off in terms of controls. Racing games you’ve got WRC 9 (10 is on the way) and Wreckfest PS5 and also Project Cars 3 PS4 which runs very smoothly on PS5. Ghost of Tsushima got a free 60 fps boost but has the PS4/PS5 Director’s cut on the way, looks fantastic either way, Days Gone and God of War got similar 60fps boost. You could pickup Hitman 1 & 2 PS4 cheap in a sale (H1 GOTY was on PS Plus previously) and use Hitman 3 Free Starter Pack PS5 to upgrade and play those. You’ve also got a bunch of great games on the PS Plus Collection (inc GoW and Days Gone) if you haven’t played those.

 

Just enjoy Astro Bot to start with though 😀.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Super Craig said:

I've been using a 4 TB external HDD that I brought over from my PS4 Pro. Annoyingly, I'm probably going to have to look at getting something bigger, as the internal storage has probably only got room for one more PS5 game on it.


so PS4 games can be played directly on an external HDD? 
 

I want to free up some space on my internal storage which has really just demon souls and some PS4 games. I have a back catalog of PS4 games to get through so just wondering if I should just get an external and was that for the PS4 games only. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Kazit said:


so PS4 games can be played directly on an external HDD? 
 

I want to free up some space on my internal storage which has really just demon souls and some PS4 games. I have a back catalog of PS4 games to get through so just wondering if I should just get an external and was that for the PS4 games only. 

Oh yes absolutely I have all my PS4 games on an external drive and they load quicker from that than they did from my old PS4 pro. Obviously not as fast as the SSD but I save that storage space for PS5 games.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, scoobysi said:


There’s Sackboy, a brilliant underrated couch co-op platforming game, don’t let the previous LBP games put you off in terms of controls. Racing games you’ve got WRC 9 (10 is on the way) and Wreckfest PS5 and also Project Cars 3 PS4 which runs very smoothly on PS5. Ghost of Tsushima got a free 60 fps boost but has the PS4/PS5 Director’s cut on the way, looks fantastic either way, Days Gone and God of War got similar 60fps boost. You could pickup Hitman 1 & 2 PS4 cheap in a sale (H1 GOTY was on PS Plus previously) and use Hitman 3 Free Starter Pack PS5 to upgrade and play those. You’ve also got a bunch of great games on the PS Plus Collection (inc GoW and Days Gone) if you haven’t played those.

 

Just enjoy Astro Bot to start with though 😀.


If the controls are better then I’ll definitely give Sackboy a look, thanks :) I think I’ve got Hitman already on PS4 so I’ll Google up how that works. Are the PSCollection games free?

 

1 hour ago, Super Craig said:

 

Which would be fine if you could download them quickly. It took me 18 hours to download a Flight Simulator update.

 

Fibre has really transformed my attitude to this. Being able to grab a 40GB game in half an hour means I don’t need to keep stuff installed.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, scoobysi said:

 

 

Just enjoy Astro Bot to start with though 😀.

Yeah deffo do Astro Bot first. Great introduction to the console and has a nice celebratory tone to match your jammy winning of a console. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Broker said:

Fibre has really transformed my attitude to this. Being able to grab a 40GB game in half an hour means I don’t need to keep stuff installed.

 

Yep, the problem is on my PS5 that'd be probably 4 hours and largely stopping me using the connection for anything much else while it did.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Broker said:

If the controls are better then I’ll definitely give Sackboy a look, thanks :) I think I’ve got Hitman already on PS4 so I’ll Google up how that works?


If you install the H3 Free Starter pack on your PS5 (unless you mean you already have H3 PS4) then it will pick up any licences for H1 and H2 (maybe a small download) and you’ll have shiny new versions of those 😀.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.