PlayStation 5 - Next gen is here!

Eighthours

I'm not so sure, I think Spacehost is right here - in theory that will be modified to work through regular stereo speakers, that signal may not work as well/at all through headphones. Pretty sceptical it'll work through speakers either but lets see.

6 hours ago, Quexex said:

Anyone on the beta chucked in a NVMe drive yet?

I have one ready but I’m not accepted onto the beta yet 

3 hours ago, englishbob said:

Anyone suffered an issue where, on the dashboard, the L/R/U/D doesn't work (either via D pad or stick) ?

I've had this more than once lately, neither the controller or remote worked. Disconnecting and reconnecting didn't do anything either. The only fix was to power off/on the entire console.

I had the opposite happen recently - inputs worked fine in-the system UI but not in game.

Pressing in the reset switch on the underside of the pad (next to the Sony logo) and resyncing sorted it.

3 hours ago, englishbob said:

Anyone suffered an issue where, on the dashboard, the L/R/U/D doesn't work (either via D pad or stick) ?

I've had this more than once lately, neither the controller or remote worked. Disconnecting and reconnecting didn't do anything either. The only fix was to power off/on the entire console.

Yup, happened twice to me in the last six months. I have yet to discover what triggers it. I only have a vague notion of it being opening two menus in quick succession, but don't pin me down on that.

What is actually coming out on the PS5?

I'm tempted to flog my digital edition and get a disc one down the line. Not touched it since Returnal apart from a few runs of Ketsui Deathtiny. Nothing else I really want to play on it now and nothing on the horizon, pun intended. I've bought and played all the big games and either finished or binned the updated PS4 games. 

Deathloop isn't my thing at all. 

Literally can't think of anything else big coming for it. Tempted to just get my money back and see where it's up to in six months. 

6 minutes ago, Spacehost said:

Sony aren't greenlighting drives. If Crucial says it meets the specs that's as good as it gets.

I thought they were? About the 20 minute mark in the Mark Cerny thing.

17 minutes ago, Marlew said:

I'm tempted to flog my digital edition and get a disc one down the line. Not touched it since Returnal apart from a few runs of Ketsui Deathtiny. Nothing else I really want to play on it now and nothing on the horizon, pun intended. I've bought and played all the big games and either finished or binned the updated PS4 games. 

Literally can't think of anything else big coming for it. Tempted to just get my money back and see where it's up to in six months. 

I imagine they’ll be pushing a third-party title as their big Christmas game this year, as I think they’ve pushed all their exclusives out now?

Biggest things I’m looking forward to are JETT (which will also be on PS4) and Battlefield (which is multi plat). 

@Sarlaccfood Cheers for that, but pretty thin gruel as I suspected. I don't think any of the competitors are much better at this point, the Switch seems equally stagnant. Flight Sim is the most exciting game at this point, but not interested in anything else Xbox. 

There’s not a huge amount of new stuff that enthuses for the rest of this year, which is probably for the best as it looks like that’s going to be how long it takes me to beat Isshin in Sekiro.

36 minutes ago, scoobysi said:

Has Horizon Forbidden West been officially confirmed as delayed, I can’t remember whether I’ve seen something or not or just speculation?

Yes delayed until 2022, that is ok I have more than enough to enjoy.

10 minutes ago, gospvg said:

Yes delayed until 2022, that is ok I have more than enough to enjoy.

Do you have a Sony or Guerrilla Games link?

It’s not an issue for me either as I have Days Gone, Control, GoW among others on my backlog plus Returnal & R&C when I get round to buying them but so far it just seems like speculation, although likely by the looks of it?

53 minutes ago, Uzi said:

What kind of 48 hour days do you have that you don't have anything to play until the next big game release 😃

It's more 'anything good' for me. I only play stuff I really really like and bin anything that doesn’t hit that spot. Most games are pretty average or a waste of my time. 

1 hour ago, scoobysi said:

Do you have a Sony or Guerrilla Games link?

It’s not an issue for me either as I have Days Gone, Control, GoW among others on my backlog plus Returnal & R&C when I get round to buying them but so far it just seems like speculation, although likely by the looks of it?

No confirmation from Sony or Guerilla but widely reported by the media and no denial by Sony.

5 hours ago, Marlew said:

This is why I sold mine. 

I would rather buy another next year and hopefully they have a revision not get the coil whine issue again and ffix the OS issues I can't stand. 

6 hours ago, Alex W. said:

I thought they were? About the 20 minute mark in the Mark Cerny thing.

Yeah when people were saying when do the drives come out every response was that the drives needed to be certified by Sony. How can you even know they're going to be up to spec (speed and heatsink wise)?

I'm beginning to think it was all just marketing guff.  I was looking forward to sending Cerny pictures of my ears too.