Jump to content

PlayStation 5 - Next gen is here!


Eighthours
 Share

Recommended Posts

43 minutes ago, Jamie John said:

 

Oh, I read that they expect you to pay for the return postage. I'll give them a ring tomorrow. It's a shame, as I was enjoying FFVII: R after bouncing off it last year.

 

No, they emailed a label for me to print.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, Thor said:

Anyone else having PSN issues? I can sign in. But can't play any games.

 

Any games, or any games online?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Jamie John said:

 

Oh, I read that they expect you to pay for the return postage. I'll give them a ring tomorrow. It's a shame, as I was enjoying FFVII: R after bouncing off it last year.


I haven’t returned a DualSense but I’d expect you can do it all online and print off a label as you used to be able to with PS4.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hmm. The UK PlayStation Support offices are closed, apparently, at 9.30 on a Wednesday morning, which strikes me as a bit odd. I can't seem to get an email or live chat or anything either, sigh.

 

Does anyone have any contact details they've successfully used? The number that is thrown up by their repair and replace portal is the one that's apparently closed: 0203 538 2665.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Mine drift too, quite shockingly so, but I haven't got round to sending it back yet as I have a second one. I read somewhere that the patent for the style of potentiometer is held by some company called 'Alps' who insist on making every single one in the world themselves which is why every goddamn controller seems FUCKED at the minute.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

ALPS have been in that business for decades, I was under the impression their pots were highly sought after components both commercially and by hobbyists. The Switch uses a completely different kind of analogue stick design.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The drift issue is odd as I've experienced some controller oddity since the last controller update - it seems they reduced the power and thus range on the bluetooth transmitter. Now with my PS5 hiding behind the TV, if my knee moves between the line of sight of the console and the controller starts acting up. Move my knee and everything is OK. Worth checking this before you send controllers off to be repaired.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Quexex said:

The drift issue is odd as I've experienced some controller oddity since the last controller update - it seems they reduced the power and thus range on the bluetooth transmitter. Now with my PS5 hiding behind the TV, if my knee moves between the line of sight of the console and the controller starts acting up. Move my knee and everything is OK. Worth checking this before you send controllers off to be repaired.

 

Yeah, I've bumped into that occasionally as well. The DualSense now sometimes behaves as if it is a pair of Joy-Cons (on the Switch the issue is much more pronounced).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The support number is working now, but I've just had a news alert saying that some PSN services are running very slowly, so it'll probably be jammed.

 

Edit: Got through straight away, which was a pleasant surprise, and the return label has been sent through. It'll take them 15 days, once they've received it, to get one back to me, though, which is a pain in the balls. I've been eyeing up one of the black or red ones, but t'ain't cheap at £55. How much would I get from selling on the one they send back to me, do we reckon? £40?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Jamie John said:

The support number is working now, but I've just had a news alert saying that some PSN services are running very slowly, so it'll probably be jammed.

 

Edit: Got through straight away, which was a pleasant surprise, and the return label has been sent through. It'll take them 15 days, once they've received it, to get one back to me, though, which is a pain in the balls. I've been eyeing up one of the black or red ones, but t'ain't cheap at £55. How much would I get from selling on the one they send back to me, do we reckon? £40?

Fucking keep it as a spare.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, Thor said:

Fucking keep it as a spare.

Too true, having two pads is essential even if you don't play couch co-op with friends... Controllers are the hardest working component of any games machine, they will break, having a backup is well worth not it considering the alternative is not being able to play at all.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Quexex said:

Too true, having two pads is essential even if you don't play couch co-op with friends... Controllers are the hardest working component of any games machine, they will break, having a backup is well worth not it considering the alternative is not being able to play at all.

 

I have went the last 2 gens (360 and XB1) using 1 pad that came with with the console 😅

 

I hope they can last this gen. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, wretcherd said:

Is it the PS4 version of FF7? If you've got a dualshock 4 lying about you could use that in the meantime. 

 

No, it's the updated version. It's fine, I've got lots of other games to play.

 

I have been looking at the two new DualSense colours all the same, though. What's the Cosmic Red one like in the flesh? In some pictures it looks great, but in others it looks a bit vibrator-y.

 

Edit: @deKay, do you get vibrator vibes from your red controller, or is it just me?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, Jamie John said:

 

No, it's the updated version. It's fine, I've got lots of other games to play.

 

I have been looking at the two new DualSense colours all the same, though. What's the Cosmic Red one like in the flesh? In some pictures it looks great, but in others it looks a bit vibrator-y.

 

Edit: @deKay, do you get vibrator vibes from your red controller, or is it just me?

 

It's not as red as it looks in pictures, but I don't really know what colour red vibrators are...

 

It does vibrate though!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Jamie John said:

 

No, it's the updated version. It's fine, I've got lots of other games to play.

 

I have been looking at the two new DualSense colours all the same, though. What's the Cosmic Red one like in the flesh? In some pictures it looks great, but in others it looks a bit vibrator-y.

 

Edit: @deKay, do you get vibrator vibes from your red controller, or is it just me?

 

Its not as nice as it looks in the pics IMO, my other half loves it tho…. :eyebrows:

 

spacer.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

EE had them in stock 20 minutes ago, snagged a disc version and extra dualsense. Is there a list of games that upgrade to next gen if you own them, disc or digital? I have a Series S in the bedroom and I love the cross progression from games I play in the living room on PC. Is that a thing with Sony? (not with PC obv but between games on PS4 and PS5) Thinking if indeed so it may not be as comprehensive as the Asure kings over at MS.

 

No matter, I'm excited as fuck for whatever Jim has instore for me. Rinsed DeS on PS3 and have avoided most imagery for the PS5 remake, can not wait to grind around Boletaria et al again.

 

Now to move the PS4 Pro into the bedroom. This flat is going to blow up.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, amc said:

EE had them in stock 20 minutes ago, snagged a disc version and extra dualsense. Is there a list of games that upgrade to next gen if you own them, disc or digital? I have a Series S in the bedroom and I love the cross progression from games I play in the living room on PC. Is that a thing with Sony? (not with PC obv but between games on PS4 and PS5) Thinking if indeed so it may not be as comprehensive as the Asure kings over at MS.

 

 

Yes, you can (although I've not tried it).

 

https://www.playstation.com/en-gb/remote-play/#compatible

 

There are various websites that list PS4 games that have PS5 upgrades, e.g. https://www.pushsquare.com/guides/ps4-to-ps5-all-games-with-confirmed-free-upgrades

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, FishyFish said:

 

Yes, you can (although I've not tried it).

 

https://www.playstation.com/en-gb/remote-play/#compatible

 

There are various websites that list PS4 games that have PS5 upgrades, e.g. https://www.pushsquare.com/guides/ps4-to-ps5-all-games-with-confirmed-free-upgrades


This site is good too:

 

https://www.backwards-compatible.com

Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, amc said:

I have a Series S in the bedroom and I love the cross progression from games I play in the living room on PC. Is that a thing with Sony? (not with PC obv but between games on PS4 and PS5).

If you’re playing a PS4 game in backward compatibility mode and have PS Plus you can sync saves via the cloud, I think you have to do it manually, not sure.

 

I’ve used PS5 remote play on PS4 a few times and that’s worked fine (via powerplugs) but it’ll depend on your network.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

New PS Showcase - expect a date for GT7 - going with March/April I had heard previously it would be Feb but now that H:FW is Feb I can't see Sony releasing the two in the same month, and GT7 ain't coming early! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.