IGNORED

PlayStation 5 - Next gen is here!

Eighthours

18 minutes ago, ChewMagma said:

Well I bought 1 month PS Plus because I assumed you'd get cloud saves for family members, but no apparently that is the one PS Plus feature you can't share, hey ho.

So I will probably backup to USB to be on the safe side, then try and do a network transfer in the initial setup even though that is a pain in the arse having 2 consoles setup (again I have read you can only do a system transfer once on initial setup as well for reasons).

For an industry where you are expected to change machine every few years they don't half make it a fucking palaver.

Damit, good to know, sorry to have mislead, I though it did...

37 minutes ago, Salsa Party Animal said:

I just signed up for Beta and install SSD Hard Drive on my PS5. When I will get approval for Beta unlocking or whatever it is. 

I signed up a couple of week ago and I've heard nothing. I'm guessing we'll need to wait until full release now :(

Shame, as my ssd is full.

36 minutes ago, Salsa Party Animal said:

So my PS5 is out of action until there is accept or firmware update. Get on with it Sony. I am not going to remove SSD. 

Wait, did you already install an SSD without the necessary firmware...? 🤨

WHY?

41 minutes ago, Salsa Party Animal said:

So my PS5 is out of action until there is accept or firmware update. Get on with it Sony. I am not going to remove SSD. 

You will probably need to remove that SSD first in order to actually install the firmware whenever it's available to you. 

On 06/09/2021 at 11:23, Alex W. said:

SCART leads were the one output method that gave you a green screen. At a time when Dixon’s etc. were touting the benefits of SCART alongside the DVD boom, it was a bit of a fuck-up, albeit only for Europe.

This really irritated me at the time. I used to wiggle the Scart plug out slightly so I’d get the equivalent of a fuzzy RF connection through it - but at least it was in colour. I had an Xbox as well - and for that you had to buy an overpriced crap remote control to watch DVDs. 

30 minutes ago, Salsa Party Animal said:

Didn't know it is not released yet as I heard about it for 3 months. Thought it is done by now. 

The beta is still going on. If they are going to mention anything, I think your best bet will be the upcoming PS Showcase this Thursday. That or a very obvious blogpost. No way Sony would finally open up that feature to consumers without some form of marketing.

Oh and yes, you'll need to remove that SSD before you can update.

For those wondering, the system transfer at initial setup moved all mine and my wife's data without any problems, apart from randomly failing to copy some DLC for some reason.

I did think I had a dud disc drive for a minute or two though until I realised the discs have to be inserted the opposite way round to the PS4 😅.

What else? Persona 5 looked horrible until we switched the HDR to "On When Supported", in case anyone is finding PS4 games look washed out.

8 hours ago, teddymeow said:

Resistance 3 is 10 years old?!

If only there was some sort of PS Showcase this week where Sony could unveil a remastered trilogy compilation for PS5.

Imagine...😮

Given they were terrible on launch with mechanics years behind the decent fps games of the day (or decade before) you have to say they are a nailed on for a remake trilogy @ £70 🤨

9 hours ago, Shimmyhill said:

Given they were terrible on launch with mechanics years behind the decent fps games of the day (or decade before) you have to say they are a nailed on for a remake trilogy @ £70 

Resistance 3 was pretty great. I loved the first Resistance at the time as well. Still have fond memories of sniping people from the top of Manchester cathedral. The weapon secondary functions were fun and I’m pretty sure Vanquish nicked the design of the first boss.

Not really interested in playing them again, but then that goes for 99% of all the remasters we’re getting.

11 hours ago, Shimmyhill said:

Given they were terrible on launch with mechanics years behind the decent fps games of the day (or decade before) you have to say they are a nailed on for a remake trilogy @ £70 🤨

I wouldn't be surprised to see a new game to revitalize the series, that or killzone maybe, with fps games being so big at the moment do Sony have one of their own?

Off to pick my PS5 and second Dualsense up from my mother's soon. It was delivered there on Monday due to me not going to be at my own address that day. Could have went and collected it later that evening but decided I'd be better collecting it today as I'll be down that way on another matter.

Just thought I'd search for the one game I'm really looking forward to, the one game I'll be 100% purchasing today to play on my new machine, Demon's Souls.

"Oh nice, it's on offer on PSN for £48, I'm having that". Log in to my PSN to make the purchase and it immediatly changes to £69.99. Fucking offer ran until bloody Monday. Should have got off my fat arse and went and collected it the day it arrived. I could buy a pre owned disc but I'll most likely buckle and pay the £70.

Bastard.

34 minutes ago, amc said:

Off to pick my PS5 and second Dualsense up from my mother's soon. It was delivered there on Monday due to me not going to be at my own address that day. Could have went and collected it later that evening but decided I'd be better collecting it today as I'll be down that way on another matter.

Just thought I'd search for the one game I'm really looking forward to, the one game I'll be 100% purchasing today to play on my new machine, Demon's Souls.

"Oh nice, it's on offer on PSN for £48, I'm having that". Log in to my PSN to make the purchase and it immediatly changes to £69.99. Fucking offer ran until bloody Monday. Should have got off my fat arse and went and collected it the day it arrived. I could buy a pre owned disc but I'll most likely buckle and pay the £70.

Bastard.

Buy the credit from CDKeys and it wont be 70.

1 hour ago, amc said:

Bastard.

It's like £20 on disc at the moment.

2 hours ago, amc said:

I could buy a pre owned disc but I'll most likely buckle and pay the £70.

That is madness.  A disc these days is just a glorified license key with the game running from the SSD, so get it at the cheapest price you can find.

I'm not paying £70 for any disc version. The whole point of me buckling is so I can play it this evening, ergo digital. I'll be buying PSN credit like I've done with all my past PS4 digital purchases, cdkeys, shopto etc. I said £70 because it's £70 on the PSN store but had been £49 ending on Monday, I'll be paying less, as I always do, as I'd have done even when at £49 on PSN.

Setting the machine up now then off to find the best PSN top-up deal, I've been all digital for years.