PlayStation 5 - Next gen is here!

Eighthours

I notice there's a lot of kerfuffle about Sony and their PS4 software on PS5. Bit of praise here about patches and a bit of unhappiness there about extra charges for upgrades. Both arguments having valid points. I must admit I haven't really looked into it too hard as my intention is to continue playing my PS4 Pro in the bedroom, all hooked up to a much too large for the room TV (Don't play Wipeout Omega if you're planning on going to sleep soon, coz that won't happen).

So as I say, I hadn't paid it much mind. I decided to download Ghost of Tsushima to my PS5 because I still have lots to complete and thought it'd be nice to have it both on my PS5 in the living room and Pro in the bedroom. Wow. I had no idea it was 60fps on the PS5. Brilliant. 

Like I say, it's my own fault not knowing this, the last time I paid attention to any form of back compatibility everything was skewed to how MS was doing god's work with the Series consoles and Sony wasn't really bothering bringing any enhancements. Lovely surprise, although how the fuck am I going to play 30fps again on my Pro in bed jk. So now I've done a little reading and found out that several titles in my PS4 collection have improvements, great.

Now that I know and am invested in the feature it's time to pick a side of the argument and be happy, or angry.

It's a great feature and a nice surprise/I'm raging, £10.00...etc

2 hours ago, Theholyhogg said:

Ahhh man super excited for gt7,i miss doing races in the cheap cars getting them upgraded to win better races and then buying faster cars and starting the whole cycle again 🥰 

The Toyota Celica will always have a special place in my heart, despite never owning or driving one in real life.

18 hours ago, layten said:

GT7 looks super shiny, I hope being cross platform means they have still been able to go all out on grid sizes.

Now what are my chances of getting one of the fucking things before March 2022? :hmm:

Not to put a too finer point on it, my man. But basically you've got to put the hours in.

Sitting here waiting for Sony to get a finger out of their arse and return a working PS5 controller to me, feel a bit of a fanny not remembering that a PS4 Dual Shock will also work on the machine. It's on charge now awaiting it's glorious return. 

To be honest I'm not expecting the replaced PS5 controller to outlive the PS4 one, all I reading about on the subject is broken trigger buttons right now.

16 minutes ago, englishbob said:

Sitting here waiting for Sony to get a finger out of their arse and return a working PS5 controller to me, feel a bit of a fanny not remembering that a PS4 Dual Shock will also work on the machine. It's on charge now awaiting it's glorious return. 

To be honest I'm not expecting the replaced PS5 controller to outlive the PS4 one, all I reading about on the subject is broken trigger buttons right now.

Only for PS4 games though.

1 hour ago, Mr. Gerbik said:

Xbox owners are talking big game about being able to use Eneloops but I'd rather have Deathloop lol

I have both those things, Deathloop is definitely the more exciting...

E_AHGJ-WYAEVtmY?format=jpg&name=large

Probably won't get much time on it till much later tonight though.

On 10/09/2021 at 12:14, amc said:

I notice there's a lot of kerfuffle about Sony and their PS4 software on PS5. Bit of praise here about patches and a bit of unhappiness there about extra charges for upgrades. Both arguments having valid points. I must admit I haven't really looked into it too hard as my intention is to continue playing my PS4 Pro in the bedroom, all hooked up to a much too large for the room TV (Don't play Wipeout Omega if you're planning on going to sleep soon, coz that won't happen).

GT7 is a special case, just because of the kind of title it is. Especially the kind of kind of title it is and what it will be used for.

It'd be much, much less an issue for most other games to be crossplay.

3 minutes ago, sandman said:

Picked up Ratchet and Clank yesterday 

It absolutely awesome! And it’s so far ahead of anything on the Series X it’s almost laughable 

I honestly feel like I shouldn’t even think about buying this game until I have a new tv to show it off.

mind you, I’m the same about CP2077 and I’ve bought that…

21 minutes ago, sandman said:

It absolutely awesome! And it’s so far ahead of anything on the Series X it’s almost laughable 

Decent price? I do fancy picking something up but not for RRP!

51 minutes ago, sandman said:

Like for like maybe, but I don’t see anything on PS5 as impressive as Flight Simulator, so, you know, just depends what you’re after. 

23 minutes ago, Stanley said:

Like for like maybe, but I don’t see anything on PS5 as impressive as Flight Simulator, so, you know, just depends what you’re after. 

Yeah, horses for courses and all that. Flight Simulator I played for around an hour and didn’t go back to. It’s nowhere near as impressive as Ratchet IMHO 

5 minutes ago, sandman said:

Yeah, horses for courses and all that. Flight Simulator I played for around an hour and didn’t go back to. It’s nowhere near as impressive as Ratchet IMHO 

Technically it’s doing way more than R&C, like simulating the entire planet, but obviously R&C is more impressive if you want shiny ray tracing and what have you. 

4 minutes ago, Stanley said:

Technically it’s doing way more than R&C, like simulating the entire planet, but obviously R&C is more impressive if you want shiny ray tracing and what have you. 

only to the horizon, surely?