PlayStation 5 - Next gen is here!

Eighthours

31 minutes ago, Quexex said:

Seems like Deathloop is a darling with the critics - 

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2021-09-12-deathloop-review

It's really good. If you like Arkane (particularly Dishonored) I'd say it is probably an essential one to try out. I'm about 5 hours or so in and it's literally just opened up notch and looks like there is plenty to go at in there.

Just now, p1nseeker said:

They should just get rid of the "cards" as a failed experiment. I'd like themes back too please.

Also no fix for the unreadable disk issue. 

Yup, I fired up my PS4 to wipe it today and I miss the Tetris theme ive had for ages - Im not sure they have really improved much with the PS5 UI (other than speed obv) in terms of using it and they have removed so much!

bring back themes and folders at the very least!

For those of you that have gone through the repair process with Sony (mine is for a controller) how long does it take them to actually say they have "received" it? 

I checked the Royal Mail tracking for this and it was signed for on the 9th - its the 14th today...I'm assuming when its "Received" here is that someone has taken it off the massive pile of boxes that are stacked up for repairs?

Worth a chase-up?

spacer.png

1 hour ago, englishbob said:

For those of you that have gone through the repair process with Sony (mine is for a controller) how long does it take them to actually say they have "received" it? 

I checked the Royal Mail tracking for this and it was signed for on the 9th - its the 14th today...I'm assuming when its "Received" here is that someone has taken it off the massive pile of boxes that are stacked up for repairs?

Worth a chase-up?

spacer.png

Not done it personally but a few people here have had the same issue - I think it will jump to 'on it's way back to you' all in one go.

3 hours ago, englishbob said:

Worth a chase-up?

spacer.png

It’ll have reached the Sony distribution centre but not the actual repair centre. Once it gets to Received you’ll have it back in a day or two.

Started DeS the other night, my god does it look lovely. I was a bit lackadaisical creating my character, well very lackadaisical actually as I began playing as a black women, no problem with that but I didn't have the OG armour set from the original and a crap starting gift and a strange, to me, class. I've started again with a bit more thought (instead of just twatting X to get into the game) and chose a Knight for the iconic look and the ring for something perhaps a bit more useful. 

Anyway, can someone spoiler for me whether you can kill the first boss encounter, the one before you get to the Nexus. I'm pretty sure you can't but need to confirm either/or before my continued play later tonight. Absolutely rinsed it on PS3 years ago but my mind's a blank.

Oh, and Returnal is the shit, deffo my jam. That's another I'll be playing tonight with my bottle of ice cold Coke and large bowl of Bombay mix.

Good times.

11 hours ago, amc said:

Started DeS the other night, my god does it look lovely. I was a bit lackadaisical creating my character, well very lackadaisical actually as I began playing as a black women, no problem with that but I didn't have the OG armour set from the original and a crap starting gift and a strange, to me, class. I've started again with a bit more thought (instead of just twatting X to get into the game) and chose a Knight for the iconic look and the ring for something perhaps a bit more useful. 

Anyway, can someone spoiler for me whether you can kill the first boss encounter, the one before you get to the Nexus. I'm pretty sure you can't but need to confirm either/or before my continued play later tonight. Absolutely rinsed it on PS3 years ago but my mind's a blank.

Oh, and Returnal is the shit, deffo my jam. That's another I'll be playing tonight with my bottle of ice cold Coke and large bowl of Bombay mix.

Good times.

Spoiler

Yes

Went to the local hardware store to get a Philips #1 screwdriver. Worked nicely for the compartment cover but no go on the screw for the SSD. The Philips they sold me is way too steep (not flat enough) to catch the small screw - I will end up stripping it. Nice. I guess they didn't know what I was talking about (here in Denmark). Will I have to buy an iFixit set online and wait for that then?