PlayStation 5 - Next gen is here!

Eighthours

3 hours ago, Omizzay said:

Stocking up on a bunch of PS5 and PS4 games in the big sale.  So far I've bought Sackboy, Riders Republic, Street Fighter V CE and Cyberpunk.

Still looking for a nice single player experience.  Should I get Resident Evil Village at $27, Assassin's Creed Valhalla at $30, Psychonauts2 at $48 or Returnal at $54?

Returnal would be my choice out of those but be prepared to get frustrated until you get better, unless you are one of those lucky (younger) gamers who’s reactions haven’t been shot by old age. 

AC Valhalla was my most played game of the last year, but many people got bored of the repetitive gameplay. I didn’t, and loved the whole setting and played through all the dlc as well. 

2 hours ago, JoeK said:

You’re talking crazy.

You damn well buy everything now and never play anything ever again.

It’s what the baby Jesus wants.

Exactly.

I've got Demon's, Returnal and Ghost of Tsushima, and I haven't even got a date for collecting mine from Currys yet :P

But I'll play them... iiiif I don't buy another copy of Titanfall 2, and just play that for another 3 years.

14 minutes ago, Superunknown said:

Exactly.

I've got Demon's, Returnal and Ghost of Tsushima, and I haven't even got a date for collecting mine from Currys yet :P

But I'll play them... iiiif I don't buy another copy of Titanfall 2, and just play that for another 3 years.

That's nothing. I've got Ultimate editions of Red Dead 2 on both consoles and PC...

It's not healthy, it really isn't. 

But I'm doing the work of the Lord, so suffering is part of the deal I guess.

On the subject of SSDs, I installed mine today and it's definitely as easy as the videos make out.

Only complaint I have is the PS5 software isn't smart enough to just use it, you have to move things about and set a default drive. When the default drive is full, downloads just error out.

It's easy enough to work around and moving things is super quick but it just seems a bit old fashioned.

1 minute ago, Uncle Mike said:

My PS5 turns on the TV, and turning on the TV doesn't turn the PS5 on unless I left it on the HDMI input.

Same here yeah. If I'm watching TV then select the PS5 input it turns the console on. Basically how I'd expect it to work tbh

10 hours ago, Uncle Mike said:

My PS5 turns on the TV, and turning on the TV doesn't turn the PS5 on unless I left it on the HDMI input.

I’ll give it another go. It’s a shame they’re not as customisable as the Xbox. Seems odd that a company known for making TVs doesn’t offer as much customisation for CEC. 

16 minutes ago, Dudley said:

Ooh? Howso?

Generally easier to get your hands on artefacts and weapons with unlocks. Been reasonably tooled up since the patch, whereas before I'd be happy to stumble upon the one artefact in the run.

1 hour ago, davejm said:

Can anyone recommend a replacement shell for the disc edition?  Not keen on the white & black colour combo, so wanna switch out to an all black shell I think!

EDIT: This one OK? https://www.amazon.co.uk/Benazcap-PS5-Black-Replacement-Playstation/dp/B091MWT7FJ

After a recommendation from someone here (apologies nice person, I cannot remember  who :( ) - this is the one I have:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B08W3D4H98/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Added a nice vinyl skin for the centre bit from here:

https://www.xtremeskins.co.uk/products/ps5-skins?variant=33231936847935

And I'm far happier with the thing. 

IMG_1260.thumb.jpg.6d0a4bb043bdcc465ddec056bfee87e7.jpg

Although...the OCD is mumbling at me to pick up a midnight black controller...

On 25/11/2021 at 16:09, Omizzay said:

Stocking up on a bunch of PS5 and PS4 games in the big sale.  So far I've bought Sackboy, Riders Republic, Street Fighter V CE and Cyberpunk.

Still looking for a nice single player experience.  Should I get Resident Evil Village at $27, Assassin's Creed Valhalla at $30, Psychonauts2 at $48 or Returnal at $54?

Resi VIIIage 👌🏻 Cosy survival horror times. Doesn’t take too long to finish yet has good replay value, as per yer standard top tier Resident Evil. Still my game of the year 👑 

Yeah, latterly I've liked playing a JRPG during the run up to Christmas for maximum cosy vibes, but this year I might replay VIIIage. The snowy exteriors and the decadent, stately firelit interiors would definitely hit different at that time of year compared to when I played it at release. When was that, May? :blink: 

My PS5 was delivered yesterday, I haven’t opened it yet due to work but plan to dive in on Monday - are there any good deals on games at the moment? I’m specifically interested in Returnal and Demon’s Souls but really  open to any other suggestions too, maybe indie games and the like. Physical or digital btw.

Also what’s the deal with the PS+ games, do you still get those when you subscribe? 

29 minutes ago, Stanley said:

My PS5 was delivered yesterday, I haven’t opened it yet due to work but plan to dive in on Monday - are there any good deals on games at the moment? I’m specifically interested in Returnal and Demon’s Souls but really  open to any other suggestions too, maybe indie games and the like. Physical or digital btw.

Also what’s the deal with the PS+ games, do you still get those when you subscribe? 

I’ve found adding a US account is a must. Even with a bit of sales tax added on, judicious purchases of top up cards can see you get some really pretty decent deals on things. Think I bought the Miles Morales Ultimate edition for about £30-odd, which was nice.

53 minutes ago, Stanley said:

Returnal is £39.99 at Smyths, collect in-store.

45 minutes ago, JoeK said:

I’ve found adding a US account is a must. Even with a bit of sales tax added on, judicious purchases of top up cards can see you get some really pretty decent deals on things. Think I bought the Miles Morales Ultimate edition for about £30-odd, which was nice.

Where did you get it for this price?

Found a really good price on a PSN card (which might well have been a promo offer or something, as the next time I looked at it, the price had gone back up! They fluctuate wildly it seems), then used that in conjunction with the Black Friday offer the PS store had on it.

2 minutes ago, JoeK said:

Found a really good price on a PSN card (which might well have been a promo offer or something, as the next time I looked at it, the price had gone back up! They fluctuate wildly it seems), then used that in conjunction with the Black Friday offer the PS store had on it.

Cheers, I take it you can still just input the code on the console when signed into a US account?

Just now, Shimmyhill said:

Cheers, I take it you can still just input the code on the console when signed into a US account?

Yeah, you just add the funds to the wallet, and then go crazy really. It probably should be obvious, but make sure you do buy the right region top up card - there are so many variations it can  be rather easy to mess up and buy the wrong one! 

I used Eneba for the last one I bought.

18 hours ago, HarryBizzle said:

Has anyone found a way to make HDMI-CEC on PS5 work like on Xbox? I’d like my PS5 to turn on my TV/change the input, but I don’t want my TV to turn on the PS5 or the PS5 to turn the TV off. 

In a way, yes - I connected up the PSVR, which changed the behaviour, so that the PS5 would turn on the TV and set the correct source, and stopped the TV from turning on the PS5.