IGNORED

PlayStation 5 - Next gen is here!

Eighthours

3 minutes ago, Stanley said:

Deathloop might not though..

No possibly not . But that will be £15 in a couple of months . I’m not fussed either way, I never got on with dishonoured and I got the impression this is that with guns 

Just now, PaB said:

No possibly not . But that will be £15 in a couple of months . I’m not fussed either way, I never got on with dishonoured and I got the impression this is that with guns 

Oh man, Arkane are an incredible studio. I really should have bought it in the sale, but I kept telling myself it will be on Gamepass next year. Next year though! I’m sure  there will be a New Year sale and I’ll buy it then! 

I guess this is good news for you peeps?

https://www.theverge.com/2021/11/30/22809494/bbc-iplayer-ps5-release-available-4k-support

The BBC is finally bringing its iPlayer app to the PS5 in the UK today, more than a year after the console’s original release. Brits have been waiting patiently for BBC iPlayer on the PS5, especially as the app is already available on more than 15,000 devices, including Xbox Series X / S consoles.

The sticky clicky noise from my pad was driving me mad, so I delegated it to a second player pad and bought a new one. 

Weirdly this one has no noise on the left stick and only a faint click from the right, but feels actually slightly looser than the old pad I had. So, neither much better, or much worse. For those of you with lovely pads, hold them close tonight. 

That said my machine hardly makes any disk noise, so Playstation god giveth and he also taketh away. 

22 hours ago, Sarlaccfood said:

Lucky the game is an absolute blinder so you can soon forget about whatever neckbeard shit you’re unhappy with in the install process. 

Aye, once you have deleted a game so you can install the new one that needs twice as much space as the actual install…. And then you can’t install the other game…. Its a stupid system that was awful on the PS4 but shocking its still on the PS5, luckily its not on every game but id hardly call it a console wars issue.

In some happy Sony news…. The 3d audio through the speakers is bloody impressive, i would say its as good as headphones but it makes some pretty terrible tv speakers sound much better!

On 29/11/2021 at 17:03, Stanley said:

Astro’s Playroom is just delightful isn’t it, and the pad is something else, basically next gen version of HD rumble

It's the best experience I've had on the PS5 so far in terms of something that makes use and demonstrates the new tech. Wish they'd make a full game out of it TBH. 

Returnal is good too in this respect the use of 3D audio etc and adaptive triggers is great. Although still not sure about the actual gameplay think I just get on with the premise of the game type. Don't like dying so much.... :)

11 hours ago, PaB said:

It's better than Dishonored, as is Prey which came between them but yeah, I wouldn't suggest you personally put money on it.

17 minutes ago, Dudley said:

Have you considered playing a 2nd game this year?

Admittedly I haven't played tons but I've played plenty, I found it really really disappointing after the first few hours, I guess I should moan in the actual game thread though so apologies.

On 08/10/2021 at 09:39, Cyhwuhx said:

So, remember this? Mitsuda getting some music ready for (possibly) a remake announcement? Well, guess which Mitsuda associated game is getting a crossover out of the effing blue?

Worlds are colliding in the latest Another Eden crossover, which has the RPG mixing it up with familiar characters from 1999's Chrono Cross. Writer and director Masato Kato—known for penning works such as the original Chrono Trigger, Chrono Cross, and more—is on board for the event, which has Serge, Kid, and Harle making an appearance.

The crossover will kick off in Another Eden starting on December 9, and will be available on iOS, Android, and PC. New mechanics will be introduced to pay homage to Chrono Cross, including combo attacks, field effects, a New Game+ with branching storylines, and more. In addition to Kato's contributions, the crossover was overseen by core Chrono Cross team members Yasunori Mitsuda and Nobutero Yuuki.

Oh. December 9. It's not like there's a giant gaming related event happening on that date, now is there? 🤔

Spoiler

:omg::omg::omg:

On 28/11/2021 at 11:41, Tomdominer said:

I'm starting to get drift on my dual sense.

Is this common? Has anyone else had it? Can you get it repaired by Sony?

Got my PS5 in Aug, I think?, maybe early September this year, anyway, pretty sure my Dualsense is beginning to act a bit funky. My guy in Demon's seems to do a little shift/shimmy sometimes when running and GoS was seeming a little twitchy when I was playing. It's not full on drift but I'm getting the feeling it's the start of some sort of failure. It's all upto date etc so it's not anything like that.

Got another DS with the machine so jumped to using that but I'll have to investigate more with the pad I think is developing a problem so if it is I can get it sorted in warranty. 

2 hours ago, amc said:

Got my PS5 in Aug, I think?, maybe early September this year, anyway, pretty sure my Dualsense is beginning to act a bit funky. My guy in Demon's seems to do a little shift/shimmy sometimes when running and GoS was seeming a little twitchy when I was playing. It's not full on drift but I'm getting the feeling it's the start of some sort of failure. It's all upto date etc so it's not anything like that.

Got another DS with the machine so jumped to using that but I'll have to investigate more with the pad I think is developing a problem so if it is I can get it sorted in warranty. 

Contact support and they’ll give you a free post address to send it in. Turnaround time is about 10-12 days in my experience.

2 hours ago, amc said:

Mine was ten days out of warranty, so they refused to repair it. #AwesomeCustomerSupport from Sony as per.

It was only ten days out of warranty, and its a known design flaw with the controller, and I've been seeing it for months, and I had to sit on the phone to customer support for nearly an hour, so I don't think its a huge ask to maybe bend the rules in this case.

But yeah, give me a "cheeky wink" for suggesting that Microsoft's customer support is better than Sony's, which I wasn't anyway.

Spoiler

;)

No worries. :hug:

I agree that it's frustrating when there's no flexibility shown by customer service. For what it's worth (and for context I could have added to my initial reply), MS refused to fix my 360 which broke 2 weeks after the 12 month anniversary as well as my Elite controller, both of which were/are known design flaws. I've had no experience with Nintendo's warranty process so can't comment on them, although they did restore my AC:New Horizons save following my own incompetence when transferring my stuff to my new Switch.

I just thought it was odd to conflate people queueing to buy a hard-to-get item and a big corporate being unwilling to flex their standard warranty terms. In my experience (which includes Sonos too, for a non-gaming-related example) they're all equally unwilling to do so.

6 hours ago, Superunknown said:

Err, that's hardly unique to Sony. MS don't touch out of warranty hardware either ;)

Probably not... Especially on controllers as they get a fair bit of abuse over a year.

Over the years though found MS's customer services better than Sony's.  Not much in it though agree. Not really had hardware issues mainly software refunds and getting things sorted from time to time.

Anyway to be honest I was mainly having a whinge at Sony as they from my experience anyway not that helpful. Think all the manufacturers aren't that great but they sell to millions of people I guess so service might suffer from time to time depending on when you have to use them and who you make contact with at the other end. Also on your attitude to them I guess. 

5 hours ago, df0 said:

Easy to fix apparently if you have the tools and parts. 

In my experience with the DS4, Joycon and Xbox controllers, they may be easy to fix but never quite feel the same when you put them back together! And with all the funky stuff with DS5 I bet it's on another level.

I’ve got to be honest, I’m loving the PS5. I’ve only had it a week and I’ve only played Astro and Demon’s Souls but I don’t think I’ll need anything else for a while because Demon’s is that good. 

The controller is excellent with its force feedback, more refined rumble, speaker and so on. It’s an absolute delight just walking around in Astro’s Playroom. 

It’s those exclusives that do it for me. There’s just this extra fidelity and refinement in Demon’s that goes beyond anything else I’ve played so far this gen. The lighting and the sound is just awesome. When you get to Tower Knight and he’s firing those blue bolts at you, like, wow, the whole arena lights up and the sound is just rupturing. I love it. 

I’m excited to play Returnal as well, and I’ll probably pick up Miles Morales for Christmas because everyone says it’s really Christmassy with all the snow, and the first game is a favourite of mine from the PS4.

I didn’t think I’d get one this year but I’m so pleased I did, and I now feel very blessed to have this and an Xbox (not forgetting the Switch of course). 

It has really exceeded my expectations tbh and now I can’t wait to see what the likes of Guerrilla, Naughty Dog and Sucker Punch come up with.