IGNORED

PlayStation 5 - Next gen is here!

Eighthours

2 hours ago, Majora said:

£50 for two pieces of brightly coloured plastic is insane. That's almost the cost of a brand new Dualsense controller which is packed with tech. I'm glad I've got my PS5 hidden away so I won't feel tempted to change the colour during a drunken shopping spree.

Sometimes I do wonder if Sony made the PS5 look like it does to sell these covers and different coloured pads.

Happy to hide the thing somewhere out of the way. Not spending more money or damaging more of the environment for cosmetic plastic things. 

Doesn't matter what colour the thing is still the ugliest looking console I've ever owned. In fact I'd go further in saying any consumer electronics device.

Got my PS5 this morning.  Plonkers at Currys had it sitting out the back, and didn't bother calling me (VIP scheme).  I just took a chance and went down there.  I didn't bother asking how long they'd had it, it would have just wound me up and I'm just happy to have it now.

1 minute ago, mikeyl said:

If you don’t think the black and pink PS5 is the coolest looking console ever you are lying to yourselves. It’s like something Nintendo would make if their target market was sex robots from the future.

So, you're saying that black and pink sex robots (presumably in the stylings of Princess Peach) are not the future?

Shit. 

I need to make a few phone calls.

1 hour ago, scoobysi said:

I’m one of the odd people who like the white PS5, I think it goes quite well with silver on my TV Stand/TV, saves me a bit of cash at least as I don’t feel the need to buy new covers.

Also it makes a change from the black slabs we normally get.

I like white too, it used to be a special edition thing so I was pleased it was standard. Side on it blends into the wall like camo, the Series X is an eyesore by comparison in my set up. 

6 minutes ago, Quexex said:

I like white too, it used to be a special edition thing so I was pleased it was standard. Side on it blends into the wall like camo, the Series X is an eyesore by comparison in my set up. 

Same here, wall mounted TV, white soundbar, PS5 and Switch. Wish the Series X came in white like the S does. 

Heathens. It’s the most ghastly looking console there’s ever been, and considering Sony have a knack of making fucking ghastly looking consoles, it’s pretty impressive going from them.

However, it’s what’s inside that counts and as a games machine it’s great and I love it.

I just love it more with my knock off black panels…

5 minutes ago, cubik said:

Not if you ship them by the tens of thousands

Well, there's a finite number you can get into a £12000 shipping container even if you assume it's the only thing you're putting into it.

My £15 fee was flippant, but there was a great article on the BBC a while back where a toy shop owner explained a toy tractor that cost 70p to ship previously now cost over £7.

£30 may or may not be expensive for an entirely optional sheet of plastic, but I'm really not sure how low it could go in the current climate. We've been fortunate that lots of stores and retailers have been absorbing these prices for a while, but everything is going to be more expensive than we want it. 

3 minutes ago, p1nseeker said:

Not heard of this, went to have a look and it looks like Toejam and Earl. I'll pass

It’s an old, albeit postmodern, PS1 JRPG. I didn’t know about the original at the time but Rab’s review of the Switch version put it on my radar:

I also see it’s half price in the current Switch sale 🤔 

Any advice on buying a PS5 these days? It seems like Curry's are the only ones with any stock right now but I'd rather just get the console on its own rather than bundled. Don't really need it right away but was thinking it would be nice to have a next gen console for when Elden Ring comes out.

Is it just a case of checking the stock every now and then? Is there anywhere I can sign up for receive updates or join some sort of queue? Any tips would be welcome :)