IGNORED

PlayStation 5 - Next gen is here!

Eighthours

1 hour ago, Stanley said:

Thank you I think I’ll treat myself, what other games sound good with them other than Returnal? 

The Uncharted games sound fucking fantastic with the headset. And that also follows through to the Last of Us games too. 

I like the headset but I was surprised to find it needs a dongle, what’s that all about?

Seriously need to consider some kind of charging solution for everything now too, any recommendations? I don’t mind going third party if they’re decent enough, just something to charge two pads and a headset :)

30 minutes ago, Stanley said:

I like the headset but I was surprised to find it needs a dongle, what’s that all about?

It comes with the dongle and it’s quite handy as you can take the dongle out and plug it in to a Switch or something and use the headphones for that.

31 minutes ago, Sarlaccfood said:

It comes with the dongle and it’s quite handy as you can take the dongle out and plug it in to a Switch or something and use the headphones for that.

Oh yeah I have used it - I take it you have to use it with the PS5, if you want wireless audio I mean? 

2 hours ago, MikeF said:

I’ve fitted the rise 4.0 to one of my controllers

makes a big difference

I'd be keen but I reckon I'd make a hash of it. I had enough trouble replacing the bumpers on my xbox elite v 1. I hope Sony bring out an official attachment like the DS4 one.

12 minutes ago, Stanley said:

Oh yeah I have used it - I take it you have to use it with the PS5, if you want wireless audio I mean? 

Yep.

I didn't know you could use it on other devices though, thanks @Sarlaccfood

I also have the official charging dual sense, like Mike says it's nothing special but I think it looks pretty good. The only caveat is it needs a wall plug for power thanks to UK/EU voltage requirements even though you could get enough power from a single USB socket.

Just now, Strafe said:

I'd be keen but I reckon I'd make a hash of it. I had enough trouble replacing the bumpers on my xbox elite v 1. I hope Sony bring out an official attachment like the DS4 one.

Trust me it’s so simple to do. A couple of cables to replace and that’s it

No need to have the l3 r3 or touchpad as mappable buttons so that means no soldering is needed

takes about 30 minutes taking your time

only negative is the pad doesn’t fit on the charging dock anymore

tempted to do my other pad too

Just now, MikeF said:

only negative is the pad doesn’t fit on the charging dock anymore

That's a deal breaker. I guess if Sony intro an official one you would be able to remove it at will.

1 hour ago, moosegrinder said:

Summat or nowt?

I hope it's summat, but it's fairly flimsy evidence. Sony making a minor mistake on the PS Store wouldn't be a major surprise.

I'd be happy if PS2 compatibility came too.

What if there’s no plan to introduce true backwards compatibility, but to keep the existing PS Now streaming functionality and using it to sell access to individual game licenses instead of subscriptions to a library?

I know Sony have all the internal specs etc but I still can’t see them releasing a bullet proof PS3 emulator for PS5 and making releasing old games nice and easy.

I am happy to be proven wrong though. 

My PS5 has got stuck in black mode after a few hours of playing. Went into Rest mode last night and now i've booted up it gets to the logo and turns off.

Tried putting turning off for 15 seconds and reboot does the same (after a software repair).

changed hmdi 

disconnected power for 5 minutes and it just does the same. Repair software the logo then that fades and nothing. Machine just pulses blue. Which is great an all but i didn't spend over 600 quid for a shit disco light!

Fucking hell.

46 minutes ago, Dimahoo said:

My PS5 has got stuck in black mode after a few hours of playing. Went into Rest mode last night and now i've booted up it gets to the logo and turns off.

Tried putting turning off for 15 seconds and reboot does the same (after a software repair).

changed hmdi 

disconnected power for 5 minutes and it just does the same. Repair software the logo then that fades and nothing. Machine just pulses blue. Which is great an all but i didn't spend over 600 quid for a shit disco light!

Fucking hell.

Do you have an external HDD connected, might be worth disconnecting that if so?

I’ve also seen mention of clearing the cache in safe mode mentioned online, although not sure what that does.

2 hours ago, scoobysi said:

Do you have an external HDD connected, might be worth disconnecting that if so?

I’ve also seen mention of clearing the cache in safe mode mentioned online, although not sure what that does.

No. An internal 2TB Samsung NVME. It was all working last night. Clearing the cache will mean a reinstall of all the games. And the loss of some save games.

*edit*

meh. Nothing worked but was able to fix it with option 6 (reset to default state)

- rather then a factory reset, although its effectively the same thing but it removes NVME format and user data. But anyhoo....

Oh and CSR Elite works too which is a result. Never worked before as the RJ12 cable failed. I forgot i needed one tbh. 

Been a long time since i played GT and it feels amazing now.

Doesn't work for me.

UH OH

Something's Wrong

Looks like we had a problem finding some of your data.

PLAYSTATION 2021 Wrap-Up is only available in select locations. Users must also be 18 years or older and have more than 10 gameplay hours on PS4 and / or PS5 in 2021.