IGNORED

PlayStation 5 - Next gen is here!

Eighthours

Ah, you’re probably right. Might also explain why Tetris Effect, GT Sport, The Last Guardian and Ace Combat 7 all show up twice too…

Surely they can spend a bit of effort to get their database to accurately reflect the different titles? I believe one of those AC7s is actually AC5.

2CDAAD1D-113F-4F78-A1AB-73390AA25EEC.thumb.jpeg.568c02a833677beb1c8d5fb33e00b3fe.jpeg

But of fighting/exploration, bit of racing. 621 hours in total, 24 games played but 0 hours in VR which is wrong, I wonder if it’s because I use my old PS4 for VR, perhaps it has different privacy settings or something. 

On 29/01/2022 at 21:38, Thor said:

Yeah, mine wouldn't work for a while, but I noticed the app had also stopped notifying me of updates in a party I'm in, so opened the app and had to sign in with the 2FA, once done, it all worked. Weird. Anyway:

Screenshot_2022-01-24-12-32-28-74_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.thumb.jpg.04d34aa60cd109277f900e3ba7bb604a.jpg

Just the 3.5 hours of gaming per day last year then 😯

2 hours ago, dizogg said:

Just the 3.5 hours of gaming per day last year then 😯

I swear these game timers must still count while you have the game minimised and are watching Netflix, listening to music or something cos there is no way this is accurate.

459363612_Screenshot2022-01-31at14_30.png

Curious to know if anyone else has picked up the remaster uncharted collection and are experiencing crash issues?

I was playing Uncharted 4 last night and 3 times in the space of 15-20mins my PS5 crashed in a powered off state. It would boot up fine and resume at the point of crash though im not quite sure on the cause of this. 

6 minutes ago, Kazit said:

Curious to know if anyone else has picked up the remaster uncharted collection and are experiencing crash issues?

I was playing Uncharted 4 last night and 3 times in the space of 15-20mins my PS5 crashed in a powered off state. It would boot up fine and resume at the point of crash though im not quite sure on the cause of this. 

It ran perfectly for the duration of the game for me (UC4) whether I was booting it up cold or from quick resume, zero issues. 

4 hours ago, Kazit said:

Not had any issues here. Played through The Lost Legacy without a single problem.

Does it give any warning?

Can't think of a better thread to put this: I just had a playthrough of Saints Row the Third Remastered - I saw there was a PS5 native version when I put the PS4 disc in. I think the PS5 native version has been out for nearly a year, but it had some big obvious bugs. A character who turns up in the second half of the game has glitched textures on his face in all his cutscenes. I've never seen such an obvious problem in a videogame that remained unfixed. It's not like it's just one or two scenes either... at least 5 missions finish with a slam closeup of his face... and there's even a mission where you have to change your appearance to impersonate him.

Also had a couple of hard crashes, overlapping dialogue where everyone's voice lines play at once, and apparently the game hard crashes for everyone on the last mission unless you're playing with Female Voice 1!

I also noticed in the trophies that only 14% of people finish the story -- although that's probably because it's a remaster of an old game, and also a PS5 upgrade of that remaster too. Everyone probably just downloaded it to drive around the city for a couple of hours.

I'm not sure if there was even much benefit in playing the PS5 native version -- apparently it's 4K rather than dynamic 4K, and I guess loading times are faster, but not much else. A PS4 patch could have done the same.

1 minute ago, SqueakyG said:

I also noticed in the trophies that only 14% of people finish the story

That's actually not bad for a remaster, I seem to remember Mass Effect 2 only had about a 20% clear rate back in the day.

4 hours ago, MattyP said:

Not had any issues here. Played through The Lost Legacy without a single problem.

Does it give any warning?

nope, just sudden crash. I’m wondering if perhaps it’s overheating.

I will get another blast on it soon and see how it goes

11 hours ago, Kazit said:

nope, just sudden crash. I’m wondering if perhaps it’s overheating.

I was wondering that... it usually has an error when it does this though? I think it shows a message on the screen and gracefully performs a shutdown. I know there were a few random crashes like you mentioned when the PS5 was first released. Is it happening across the board on all games or just Uncharted? Does sound like a hardware issue somewhere if its across the board TBH. Guess just see how it goes. Guess it will be PITA to get a replacement though.

Just got an email inviting me to try the new PS5 OS Beta. Really not sure I trust Sony's firmware team enough to install it but if anyone else fancies the risk, my code can be used by up to 5 accounts

YOUR VOUCHER CODE:
BC5Q-QXNE-P28L
Code expires: 30 April 2022

https://www.playstation.com/en-gb/support/hardware/install-ps5-system-software-beta/?et_rid=&et_cid=220203-PUBBETA5-GL-BTA-S-FLX&Linkid=220203-PUBBETA5-GL-BTA-S-FLX&emcid=em-pl-434325

4 minutes ago, Majora said:

Just got an email inviting me to try the new PS5 OS Beta. Really not sure I trust Sony's firmware team enough to install it but if anyone else fancies the risk, my code can be used by up to 5 accounts

YOUR VOUCHER CODE:
BC5Q-QXNE-P28L
Code expires: 30 April 2022

https://www.playstation.com/en-gb/support/hardware/install-ps5-system-software-beta/?et_rid=&et_cid=220203-PUBBETA5-GL-BTA-S-FLX&Linkid=220203-PUBBETA5-GL-BTA-S-FLX&emcid=em-pl-434325

Cheers, just redeemed on the PS App. 

On 08/02/2022 at 13:09, joemul said:

Just 'played' the Matrix demo. Judas H Priest!

It looks astonishingly good.

You’re doing ‘muk wrong. You’re supposed to complain that the lighting on the brickwork is all wrong at precisely noon.

19 hours ago, Nathan Wind said:

You’re doing ‘muk wrong. You’re supposed to complain that the lighting on the brickwork is all wrong at precisely noon.

And confidently state you can tell which bits are CGI and which bits are real video, in fact it's so obvious you aren't even going to say which. Those bits. The obvious ones. Unless they are all CGI in which case you can tell that too. Easy.