PlayStation 5 | Play has no Limits in 19 Days

9 minutes ago, Minion said:

• We will inform you via email when we receive the confirmation of allocation from Sony.

Ah maybe that's smart, not taking orders until they know how many they will have. And they seem to be doing it take-a-number style rather than a smash n grab frenzy.

1 minute ago, FiveFootNinja said:

Good shout... ordered :) Put a pre-order in for Star Wars: Squadrons while I was there too. It's been an expensive morning.

Good shout on Star Wars I was thinking about that but I'm going to stick with Cyberpunk & also pick up Ghosts of Tshushima when I see it cheap. That will do for PS5 launch.

Just now, gospvg said:

Good shout on Star Wars I was thinking about that but I'm going to stick with Cyberpunk & also pick up Ghosts of Tshushima when I see it cheap. That will do for PS5 launch.

My HOTAS flight stick arrived yesterday so feel I sort of need to get the game to justify that purchase. GoT is on the list for a sale purchase too though.

It's moments like this that reminds me how rubbish Canada is for gaming. We don't have all that competition like you with multiple online retailers. Online pre-orders started up in the early hours and were snapped up within minutes, people jumping from one online store to the next. Instantly selling out everywhere and get this, most of these places (wal-mart, bestbuy etc) SEND the PS5 on launchday, so you're probably getting it 3-5 business days later (more with covid) . I's the SAME if you order online to pick up in store. 

Also the $499 tag might look good to all you lot but in reality it's about $670 after tax (it's $710 in Ontario) actually even $710 is only 417 pounds so maybe not so bad.

I'm going to try and walk into a physical store at opening this morning to try and get one 

43 minutes ago, Minion said:

Wow! Where in the UK is this?

I just managed to 'confirm' on ShopTo even though " Clicking confirm does not guarantee stock on day one" so I'm pretty confused. I've used AO before in fact I got my latest TV there, I'm unsure of ordering a console for launch day from them though, plus they want the money now, which I have but still... I'd use Simply if I could just because I like to stay loyal to companies who have treated me well and are not huge bastards so I'll keep an eye out for what's going on there and swap to them if I can.

Was the Southend in Essex branch.

Not sure where to ask this - but I thought I'd try here....

Has anyone clarified how BC would work with saved games?  I still have Spiderman and The Witcher 3 to finsh on PS4.  If I install them on PS5 and play via BC, would it pick up my cloud save games?  Any my son is working through Persona 5, so same question there.

MSFT confirmed that this is how it works on XSX I think but not Sony...

And even more helpfully - I wonder if the same would work in reverse (pick up where you left off on PS5 when you load the game up on PS4)...  I am probably going to stick the PS4 in the spare room for the kids...

13 minutes ago, Capwn said:

It's moments like this that reminds me how rubbish Canada is for gaming. We don't have all that competition like you with multiple online retailers. Online pre-orders started up in the early hours and were snapped up within minutes, people jumping from one online store to the next. Instantly selling out everywhere and get this, most of these places (wal-mart, bestbuy etc) SEND the PS5 on launchday, so you're probably getting it 3-5 business days later (more with covid) . I's the SAME if you order online to pick up in store. 

Also the $499 tag might look good to all you lot but in reality it's about $670 after tax (it's $710 in Ontario) actually even $710 is only 417 pounds so maybe not so bad.

I'm going to try and walk into a physical store at opening this morning to try and get one 

Confirmed: I’m in a parallel universe. 

I just thought of a benefit to the USA etc getting the console a week before us in Europe is that at least we'll know things such as; how loud the fans are, what kind of failure rate there is and someone will have done a tear down video. Giving us a heads up and enough time to cancel if things don't seem right or not what we wanted etc.
I know for sure if it's as loud as a PS4 or Pro gets when playing games I'll be cancelling; there's no excuse for poor cooling when you're delivering a console that size.

1 minute ago, The Mighty Ash said:

They won't - Sony first party games to download have already crept to £60 on current gen.

Just buy them in a sale then or even better physical so you can trade it on afterwards. I always buy physical if i can.

3 minutes ago, auntyclimax said:

So where's the UI demo they promised?

Will come later, they were obviously caught napping by MS and rushed this presentation & the pre-orders out.

8 minutes ago, gospvg said:

Will come later, they were obviously caught napping by MS and rushed this presentation & the pre-orders out.

which seems to have worked out well considering the rush here and reports of big q’s at shops. 

2 hours ago, Mr. Gerbik said:

Fun fact: the digital edition sold out within 20 minutes on the Dutch local equivalent of Amazon. 20 minutes! Luckily, I bought one 2 minutes after the page went live :D

The Disc version took 5 minutes on Amazon.nl.

I missed that Horizon: Forbidden West is coming to PS4. I was totally non-plussed by what they showed of it, because it just looked like in engine cinematics, but I'm almost positive the Digital Foundry guy (Linneman) was going on about how it was true next gen and an example of what could be done by not being tied to old gen. :rolleyes:

38 minutes ago, Capwn said:

Yeah but you get legal weed so stop complaining! And mountains to slide down!

Ordered the PS5 Physical, headset and media remote. Remembered I wanted a charging station too, but in the few minutes it took me to realise they'd sold out on Amazon and pretty much everywhere else :lol:

Am sure they'll pop back in stock for pre-order at some point.

• gospvg changed the title to PlayStation 5 | Play has no Limits in 19 Days
  • gospvg changed the title to PlayStation 5: Launch is 19/11/20 - UI Video Released
  • Pob unpinned this topic