PlayStation 5 | Play has no Limits in 19 Days

Just now, Uzi said:

I had a register your interest from shopto from May this year and it let me casually log in today and upgrade it to a preorder 

8-)

yeah I did the same but there was a message above it saying not to pay the full price yet as they can’t guarantee it which causes concern. But good point I should try and go to sleep. 

45 minutes ago, Gabe said:

I love how he uses that news to then big-up the Dualsense and the SSD, as if they had anything to do with the decision.

Yeah, it was a piss poor explanation to be honest.

I guess there's nothing to stop them building an emulator to release later in the cycle, as MS did with OG Xbox BC.

Disappointing though for sure. Sony aren't doing much in the way of fan service this gen.

I've joked a few times about the PS5 not having any great games but the more I think about it, it actually does.

At least by the end of November, the same month it launches, we get;

Souped up Cyberpunk

DemonSouls

Spiderman

Souped up COD

Souped up ACreed

Souped up WatchDogs

PS3 launch Title highlights

Souped up Call of Duty 3

Genji: Days of the Blade

Need for Speed Carbon

Resistance: Fall of Man

PS4 launch Title highlights

Souped up Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag

Souped up Battlefield 4

Souped up Call of Duty: Ghosts

Killzone Shadow Fall

Knack

Come on, it's not that bad is it?

Download the iOS or Android Argos App and search for “PlayStation 5”

They’re listed and available to order! 

Currently not on the main website unless you risk some of the methods on Twitter etc

I can remember waiting to see what the PS3 launch price was going to be, finding out, then going straight to Gamestation to buy a 360.

Have found it very easy to resist pre-orders this time. Still have plenty of PS4 stuff to catch up on and there’s nothing at launch that really grabs me anyway. I would also prefer a black console, so I’ll wait and see if/when that launches. Finally, there’s no way I’m paying £60 or £70 for a game, so I’ll be waiting for price drops in the future.

Those who have pre-ordered, hope you’re suitably excited and enjoy that launch day buzz when it arrives.

What a shit show at Argos. Tried paying with my Argos card, said it failed, but the payment is showing on the card. Tried 3 times with a credit card, as each time it said the order had failed, and now have 3 instances of £450 pending on my credit card.

3 hours ago, Capwn said:

I've joked a few times about the PS5 not having any great games but the more I think about it, it actually does.

At least by the end of November, the same month it launches, we get;

Marginally better performing backwards compatible Cyberpunk

DemonSouls reissue

some destruction derby game

souped up sackboy platformer

Souped up Spiderman miles morales

souped up buy it again spiderman.

Souped up COD

Souped up ACreed

Souped up WatchDogs

PS3 launch Title highlights

Souped up Call of Duty 3

Genji: Days of the Blade

Need for Speed Carbon

Resistance: Fall of Man

PS4 launch Title highlights

Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag

Souped up Battlefield 4

Souped up Call of Duty: Ghosts

Killzone Shadow Fall

Knack

Resorting

Come on, it's not that bad is it?

Corrected (assassins creed black flag was PS4/Xbox one only).

From a messaging, if not financial, standpoint, issuing miles morales on PS4 is not great. The one game that really couldn’t be done on previous consoles is apparently the lucid games driving thing, which will have an initial sell through of about 2%.

5 minutes ago, footle said:

Corrected (assassins creed black flag was PS4/Xbox one only).

From a messaging, if not financial, standpoint, issuing miles morales on PS4 is not great. The one game that really couldn’t be done on previous consoles is apparently the lucid games driving thing, which will have an initial sell through of about 2%.

Black Flag was released on everything. There was even a Wii U release.

21 minutes ago, SteveH said:

What a shit show at Argos. Tried paying with my Argos card, said it failed, but the payment is showing on the card. Tried 3 times with a credit card, as each time it said the order had failed, and now have 3 instances of £450 pending on my credit card.

I had similar though I stopped after one instance. No email confirmation of the order having gone through, so I’m going to have to contact Argos customer service to sort it out.

Pretty obvious why Apple sell direct, retailers haven’t made themselves look good during this whole sorry episode have they.

3 hours ago, Jei said:

Download the iOS or Android Argos App and search for “PlayStation 5”

They’re listed and available to order! 

Currently not on the main website unless you risk some of the methods on Twitter etc

Just woke up and I just reordered through the app no problems!

Do they charge in November or now? It wasn’t clear 

I must have got lucky but having said that, I’ve had no email and I did get that payment error thing as well before going through PayPal.

Should have taken a screenshot but I was still in that just woken up daze. 

Went for a full phat!

1 hour ago, Triple A said:

I had similar though I stopped after one instance. No email confirmation of the order having gone through, so I’m going to have to contact Argos customer service to sort it out.

Pretty obvious why Apple sell direct, retailers haven’t made themselves look good during this whole sorry episode have they.

profit margins, as mentioned. But you’ll usually be able to pick up a watch or iPhone from John Lewis’s website easily enough at launch.

the major difference being - sheer amount of stock, lower demand (because there’s a load of phones, and they’re released yearly).

• gospvg changed the title to PlayStation 5 | Play has no Limits in 19 Days
  • gospvg changed the title to PlayStation 5: Launch is 19/11/20 - UI Video Released