PlayStation 5 | Play has no Limits in 20 Days

Just now, the_debaser said:

Not even £349, £359 the cunts.

What they have shown has simply not justified that price tag. The games only look a smidgen better than the best on PS4. 

£359 is a lot less than the dollar and Euro price.

1 minute ago, Marzipan Travolta said:

Can't imagine they wanted to go that cheap with the no disc drive version. They're really fair prices though.

yeah, I suspect that number has been massaged up and down a fair bit. They’ll have known that Lockhart wasn’t going to be $399 though.

Just now, Monkeyspill said:

I'd rather have the 60fps. It might have been the dodgy stream but a lot of it looked quite choppy.

Me too probably but at think all the next gen stuff is struggling to wow because it’s basically the same as we have now.

Just now, Stanley said:

Yeah, be interested to see the pricing - or whether it’s the same price as PS Plus. 

You know looking at them side by side you are getting a lot more console for your money with PS5 Digital over Series S, but that £249 price could hurt them. 

Software wise Sony looks way stronger IMO.

I understood it as being part of the PS+ membership cost.

I’d be more inclined to go full-digital if there was a way to pass on completed games to a person on my friend list.

Having just traded in a stack of games to get the brilliant God of War and (probably brilliant) The Last of Us 2, still like the option to resell/trade.

If the discless version is quieter though...

Underwhelming, maybe because everything seemed so serious, not colourful shiny fun.

Yes, I know Nintendo are the go to guys for this.

Maybe the stuff Sony showed isn't for me (except Spidey and eventually GOW). I'd have loved to see a driving game, platform game (other than Oddworld which I've always hated) or something other than horror shooty sword killers.

I sound like I don't even like games. Fuck me I'm old.

2 minutes ago, rgraves said:

I'm confused - is it BC with PS4 or not - or do you have to pay a subscription to play the compatible PS4 stuff?

Sony for you though. Assume they will try and work out a way of charging to play your old content. Because they want you to buy the shiner PS5 version ...

3 minutes ago, Popo said:

We get it a week after the real launch date?

So much for the much-vaunted Japan trade deal. 

Yeah but remember the dark days. The year long wait days. Now those were days. 365 days.

7 days.

Days.

Yeah I'm a difficult target for Sony on launch given the PC etc but there's only Deathloop (PC), Oddworld (bet it comes to everything), Spidey (PS4) that I'm likely to want so there's nothing compelling there.

1 minute ago, Alex W. said:

It is backwards compatible, how else would it play the PS4 games?

Are they the standard PS4 games though, or PS4 games updated to run on PS5 available only via the new service?

What I honestly don;t know is, will the PS4 disc work, or do you have to pay that subscription to get that service to play those PS4 titles?

Good show. Some of it was more impressive than other stuff. Having not played Spiderman on the PS4, this new one just seemed like most of the action was a bunch of QTE's :mellow: Demon Souls gameplay looked absolutely gorgeous, but what were they thinking with all of that one hit kill rubbish for what seemed like an age?! It looked much better once they moved onto the bosses and I could really get behind that. Prices are good and I think £359 is very competitive. I don't think Sony would have gone as aggressive on the UK pricing without MS there to give us a £250. Pretty crazy if you think about it from both sides.

Actually looking forward to some next-gen stuff and see what both consoles provide :)

Decent showing all told but lacked any huge surprises. Disappointed that we didn't get a confirmed launch lineup though.

They've clearly got a healthy slate of games coming and the Playstation Plus collection looks like a solid bonus, even if it's not a direct Gamepass competitor.

The price is right. For the tech that's in the box, anybody hoping for less was deluding themselves I'm afraid.

Yeah, all told it was a solid if not spectacular show.

1 minute ago, teddymeow said:

I understood it as being part of the PS+ membership cost.

It must be, they can't be that stupid.  A decent number of those I'm pretty certain have been on PS Plus.

1 minute ago, tnman said:

Well yeah, but over the course of the next two years.

PS5 is well worth getting. Just not for a while.

For me it’s whenever Demon’s comes out, although I’d prefer to play Miles Morales on PS5 too, but it appears we still don’t have the date for either :wacko:

2 minutes ago, SF-02 said:

PS+ Collection is just a more limited PSNow which I got a year for £24.99 at the ps sale a few weeks back isn't it? Well a lot more limited really as hundreds of games on it and can download all ps4 games now so no streaming.

All confused branding. Are there still free ps5 games each month on psplus?

Im surprised they’re keeping up the PlayStation Plus thing at all. Really expected them to converge Plus and Now into a Gamepass Ultimate competitor. But I guess Sony’s messy offering in this area will live on. 

1 minute ago, Uncle Nasty said:

No Wipeout. Dull.

No Ridge Racer. 

1 minute ago, rgraves said:

Are they the standard PS4 games though, or PS4 games updated to run on PS5 available only via the new service?

What I honestly don;t know is, will the PS4 disc work, or do you have to pay that subscription to get that service to play those PS4 titles?

They've been really clear about this for over six months. Almost all of the PS4 games ever released will play on it.

Just now, tronied said:

Good show. Some of it was more impressive than other stuff. Having not played Spiderman on the PS4, this new one just seemed like most of the action was a bunch of QTE's :mellow:

Assuming it's like the original, it was a very bad indication of the game play.  

That said I turned off QTEs in the original so I don't know how many there are, you can certainly have long batman Arkham style fights without any control being taken away from you though.

• gospvg changed the title to PlayStation 5 | Play has no Limits in 20 Days
  • gospvg changed the title to PlayStation 5: Launch is 19/11/20 - UI Video Released
  • Pob unpinned this topic