PlayStation 5 | Play has no Limits in 20 Days

1 minute ago, Harsin said:

The Xbox+Gamepass combo suddenly becomes a lot more attractive when you won’t be missing out on any Sony exclusives for a decent while.

It’s actually mad when you think about it - you can get All Access for £20 per month with hundreds of games, so an initial instalment of £20 against £440 for the cheapest PS5 with one game :blink: 

3 minutes ago, the_debaser said:

HD rumble is pointless. Hell, any rumble is pointless, unless it signifies a secret in a game.

With most developers, yes, but when it's done well (i.e. Nintendo first-party titles and anything Hideo Kojima made) it's absolutely wonderful.

Somewhat bummed that they didn't announce anything for PS Now members, I subbed for a couple of years hoping it'd have some decent PS5 material at launch but it appears they are sticking with the dual subs. Was hoping to dump PS+ next gen!

19 minutes ago, DeciderVT said:

Is this another poorly explained Sony thing for me to be confused about? I can't keep up these days.

Ganeshare effectively allows you to share your digital purchases with another person, and vice versa. 

I bought Ghosts of Tsushima through PSN, my friend bought TLOU2. I end up with both games on release day for £50. 

Very easy to do. 

1 minute ago, Popo said:

What you’re saying is, Sony are positioning the PS4 as the PS5 Series S? That... makes a lot of sense. 

It’s just what Sony do, and it works.  Games keep leaking out too, like FIFA 20 came out on the PS3. It’s a revenue stream that Sony have encouraged ever since the original PlayStation found a second-life via Dancing Stage and such. Small cheap consoles are a different market and Sony have had complete ownership of it with the exception of the Wii. 

Bit weird that they’ve been banging the drum about just wait to see the experiences on PS5 only possible with our super duper SSD and stuff like Horizon being on PS4 as well it’ll probably amount to faster loading rather than any clever gameplay enhancements.

14 minutes ago, Super Craig said:

For people buying a digital PS5 and/or Series S, CDkeys is your friend. Hopefully Sony continues their trend of amazing sales on the PS5.

Or ShopTo. They've been selling PSN credit for cheap for a while. I might stock up soon.

24 minutes ago, dumpster said:

I disagree.  In 2005 you replaced your bulky 30" CRT with a thin, massive screen.  Today you're being asked to change your HD 55" flat screen with a great quality picture for an identical screen with HDR and 4K.  It's not the "must have" for many people, which it certainly was in 2005. Maybe if TV broadcast in 4K it would be a more obvious upgrade. 

"I feel like a new TV will offer me little to no benefit, personally, but I'm still going to factor one in to the price of my upgrade".

MS really ripped Sony a new one by sandwiching the PS5's between their consoles, with the S you will at least have the Gamepass option to hand, expecially in light of those awful eye watering digital prices. Maybe the Disc PS5 console isn't as dead as I first thought.

9 minutes ago, Stanley said:

It’s actually mad when you think about it - you can get All Access for £20 per month with hundreds of games, so an initial instalment of £20 against £440 for the cheapest PS5 with one game :blink: 

A huge thing is that joypads and such work on the Series S too. Local multiplayer on the cheapest PS5 is...Not cheap.

The difference in price between physical games and the PSN store is often startling as it is. But those prices, Christ Almighty! I was thinking I’d probably lean towards the digital mode but fuck that.

The PS4 digital versions of launch games include a free upgrade on both PS5 consoles, while the PS4 disc versions of these games include a free upgrade on the PS5 with Ultra HD Blu-Ray disc drive.

Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales (Insomniac Games) – US$49.99/¥5,900/€59.99(RRP)

Marvel’s Spider-Man: Mile Morales Ultimate Edition (Insomniac Games) – US$69.99/¥7,900/€79.99 (RRP)

Sackboy A Big Adventure(Sumo Digital / XDEV) – US$59.99/¥6,900/€69.99(RRP)

A free upgrade your say :sherlock:

• gospvg changed the title to PlayStation 5 | Play has no Limits in 20 Days
  • gospvg changed the title to PlayStation 5: Launch is 19/11/20 - UI Video Released
  • Pob unpinned this topic